Last Minute Thanksgiving Ideas
Thanksgiving is right around the corner, and at the top of everyone’s mind is getting all of the food prepared for the big, thankful feast. But once we’ve perfected our recipe list, and done all of our shopping, exhaustion sets in, and getting the decorations together often becomes a last priority. So, I’ve got some great Thanksgiving decoration ideas that can be put together at the last minute and on the cheap…
– I love pine cones, and use them to decorate around the house all season. Glue small ones to a piece of ribbon and tie around each guest’s napkin to make these easy place settings.
– Fill a beautiful bowl (I tried it with a silver plated one and wood one) with a mixture of whole bean coffee and nuts and tuck in lots of little votive candles. As the candles warm, the mixture will exude the scent of the coffee, filling your room with a holiday smell.
– Make an easy mantle or table-top centerpiece by filling crystal glasses or champagne flutes with cranberries, fruit and nuts, and topping each with a votive candle. Line up down the mantle, or Thanksgiving table, or group them in the center.
– Cut sprigs of thyme, oregano or whatever herbs you’ve got and tie them in with your silverware, then watch as the aroma relaxes your guests. Smell is part of decorating too!
– Scrabble pieces can be super fun place settings, this works great for smaller gatherings. Spell each guest’s name out on the little wooden scrabble trays, and put them on top of each guests place setting. Maybe it will drum up a game later!
– Fall leaves are beautiful on top of place settings. Using gold or silver magic marker, write your guests names on the leaves, or add something meaningful, like why you are thankful to have them, or what you are grateful for. Try oak leaves for their magnificent shape, and maple for their dramatic color.
Also: check out the Thanksgiving tabletop ideas I showed Rach on the show last year. There were some really good ones in there.
What have you guys got planned for Thanksgiving? Going somewhere, staying home, cooking up a storm…Let me know!