How do I get rid of mold?
Q:Hi! I have a question for my master bathroom. The shower/tub is absolutely horrible. I have tried and tried to get rid of the black stuff growing. I’ve used a little bit of everything from Tilex mold & mildew to Bam and everything in between. Nothing is working. I think alot of it has to do with our water here. We get a pink substance growing where even the tiniest bit of water sits. What else can I try to get rid of this stuff? We don’t have the money to redo the shower/tub because my husband is losing his job but I can’t stand the sight of this bathroom anymore. Please help!
Bleach is the usual product for removing mold and mildew. Many of the liquid spray cleaners aren’t strong enough to do the job. I suggest using powdered cleanser with a bleach base because it seems stronger, can rest on the area where mold grows and offers resistance for scrubbing with a brush.
For protection wear rubber gloves and keep the area well ventilated. After cleaning, keep the area as dry and as ventilated as possible and do not allow water to accumulate. Moisture causes mold.
Here’s a website that may be helpful for this problem.