How do I remove red wine stains?
Red wine can be among the scariest of stains, but it can, in fact, be removed easily, if you act promptly. Follow these steps and you’ll get it out in no time:
1) Blot the stain with a dry rag or paper towel.
2) Mix 1 cup of hydrogen peroxide and 1 tsp. dish washing liquid (such as Dawn), take a sponge or clean rag, immerse in mixture, and wring out half way.
3) Blot stain with the damp rag or sponge until stain is lifted.
4) Take another clean sponge or rag and blot with warm water.
5) Blot dry with a clean rag or paper towels.
The key is to get to the stain quickly – this method also works on clothes.