Friends

Wooden Skewer Cautionary Tale

Our beautiful Rhodesian Ridgeback named Buck ate a wooden skewer from my 9-year old’s unattended plate at a family BBQ.  The next day when our dog became ill our son confessed and our dog was rushed into surgery; the vet was able to save his life at the cost of several thousand dollars.  We had to cancel the family’s summer vacation to pay for Buck’s surgery.  But it could have been much worse.

Please warn everyone to dispose of wooden skewers carefully as they still smell like meat and are very attractive to dogs.

What's Fresh from @RachaelRay

Rachael Ray