Hi Cleaning Lady,
I have tile floors in my kitchen, dining room, and bathroom. I would like to know the easiest way to glean the yucky looking grout in between the tile without having to get down on my hands and knees and scrub it with a toothbrush.
Losing the Grout battle
The most popular way to clean grout is to take an old toothbrush and scrub the grout with a store bought cleaner, vinegar, or other cleaning aid, so, you are presenting a challenge, which I like!
One product that we have had luck with as far as cleaning grout with out scrubbing is Klean Strip Green which I found at Home Depot in the paint section.
If your tiles and grout are white, here is a non-scrubbing method:
What you need:
- Spray bottle
- Rubber gloves
- Chlorine bleach
- Warm water
- Bathroom cleaner
What to do:
- Put on rubber gloves for protection for your delicate hands.
- Fill the spray bottle with one half chlorine bleach and one half warm water. Be careful dealing with the bleach. Avoid skin and eye contact especially when undiluted.
- Adjust the spray bottle’s nozzle so that it shoots streams rather than a fine mist.
- Spray directly to the grout in sweeping motions. Make sure to soak the lines.
- Let it stand for 15 to 20 minutes and let the bleach do the work.
- Follow it up with a sponge down with the suggested mix of bathroom cleaner.
Hope this helps – good luck!