Hair tips that will save your piggy bank!
Lately I’ve noticed that morning shows are bombarding us with money saving ideas and I am constantly asked if our salon business is suffering b/c of the economy. Fortunately we are not, but I have definitely noticed that clients are stretching out their appointments. One client even asked me if she should change her hair color from blonde to brown, as it would be less of a financial burden. Definitely a good solution, but I’m not sure the millions of blondes out there are willing to give up their light locks to save a few bucks. The good news is there are a few ways to save your wallet and still keep your desired look!
• Hidden highlights: Where we leave the top layer of hair un-highlighted and we scatter highlights underneath giving you the luxury of allowing your highlighted pieces to grow without a noticeable re-growth).
• Limit your full head of highlights to once a year: A partial/half highlight will give you the coverage required while keeping the price down.
• Take home color shampoos and conditioners: While they won’t cover grays they will keep your color fresh in between salon visits.
Cutting back on those Cuts!
• Don’t choose a cut that only works at a specific length: It will force you back to the salon more frequently than you may feel comfortable with.
• Layered haircuts tend to give you more longevity in your look and work well as they’re growing out.
• If one length hair is a must: Keep the length below the shoulders, as that extra inch of growth won’t be as noticeable.
• Most high-end salons offer either a minimal fee or a complimentary bang trim in between cuts. This is sure to give your style a few extra weeks!
Not that we want you to stay away from the salon, but I can definitely sympathize with prioritizing during the holiday season. After all, “’tis the season for giving!”