Rach
by

Book tour ’07 is almost here!

Hey kids,

Well, it’s almost time for my annual book tour where I hit the road for a month and travel all over the country signing books and chatting with people like you. It’s one of my favorite times of year because I get a chance to hear what’s on your minds, which gets me thinking about new recipes and ideas for my shows, books, magazine and now this website!

Here are the dates and see ya on the road!

NOTE: PLEASE CHECK WITH THE PARTICULAR STORES FOR THEIR POLICIES REGARDING THE BOOK SIGNINGS!

FRIDAY, November 9

NEW YORK CITY

7:00 – 9:00 PM
BARNES & NOBLE, Union Square
33 East 17th Street
(bet Park Ave S and Bway)
New York, NY 10003

THURSDAY, DECEMBER 20
DETROIT

7 pm
BORDERS BOOKS & MUSIC, Birmingham
34300 Woodward Ave.
Birmingham, MI 48009

177 Responses to “Book tour ’07 is almost here!”

1. JennyBean says:

Hey Rach, I absolutely LOVE you. I grew up in Schenectady New York where i know you worked for WMHT. I currently live in Niskayuna NY which is nright next to Schenectady. I hope you will come back soon to visit us. I would LOVE to meet you!!

2. Sonia Arora says:

Hey Rachael!
    I’m just one of these people that adore you, you probably won’t even have time to read this.. but if you do, I’m from Montreal, Canada, I have to let you know that you’re AMAZING!! I always make your jumbo meatball pizza and actually almost everything you make , I make it and it’s absolutely “YUM-O” like you say! You’re new show is soooo addictive!! Just keep up the excellent work cuz you are our shinning star and we love you so much!!! The people in your life are so lucky to have you as a friend/family member!! Take Care and I hope you will come to Canada so I can have a chance to be in the audience ( like a dream come true)!!!!! Bye now and I wish you the best of luck ( even though you don’t even need it!!)

P.S. You are the cutest person on earth with such a bubbly personality!

3. Jamie says:

When are you coming to the south? (Preferably, northern Alabama…:) )

4. KK Snaith says:

Hey Rach,

Love you, your shows and your magazine. Looking forward to your new show :) I wish you could consider the Downingtown/Coatesville, Pa area. You have a lot of fans in this area and we’d sure like to see ya!!! PLUS it’s beautiful country out here and I volunteer to be your tour guide if you come out. A suggestion for your web site though, how about an question & answer section for those of us who are not sure sometimes how to do something (like snap and cut asparagus)Prayers for your continued sucess, Always KK

5. Dianna says:

We love you Racheal. We watch all of your shows and we have cook books and all of your knives they are supper. You are a great person and you give alot of good ideas keep up the good work. people that talk bad about you it is because they are jealous of your success.

6. BrandiAnn says:

Hello Racheal,

My daughters name is Rachel May and she just loves your show and so do I. We are a family of Six. Kids 12, 6, 22 months and 11 months.
    You made a comment about the expence of meat these days and I totally agree. We live on a paycheck of about 2000.00 a month to pay all the bills and buy groceries. So I have learned how to budget. My favorite find is the Sam’s clubs and costcos, because many small businesses and caters buy from them the meat is usally better quality. Also since we live over an hour away from these kinds of stores with gas prices we don’t get to go very often. So my next budget find was at my local meat department. They will package what they call an economy pack. it is usally about a hunderd dollars worth of meat for $49.99, the meat varies but it is usally somthing like 5lbs. ground beef , 5 lbs. pork chops, boneless rump roast, 3lbs. bolonga, pork steak and chicken hind quarters. (all kids like dark meat right). Any way this has helped our family continue to get protein in our menues. May meat department offer this service but it is often not advertised so you have to ask, and they like it if you call it in ahead of time so they have time to package it with out you waiting at the counter.

Thanks again for your show in Iowa it comes on right at morning nap time. Woohoo!

7. Solina Tubbs says:

Dear Racheal,
    I LOVE all of your shows. I can’t believe you have another out, but that’s fine with me, gives me something else to watch on tv. I want you to know that you are SUPER. I just saw on tv that there is this website that makes fun of you. I think that person should just get a life and stop being jealous. Keep up the good work and GOOD LUCK.

8. Keith Pierce says:

The US of A needs U. You are an entertaining, talented and real person that provides uplifting moments daily for my wife. That tone is carried on through her to the rest of the family. In a time when so much depressing news enters the household, your messages are like blast of needed sunshine after a long winter. If only we had more of that in our US of A. Thank you Sincerely! Keep up the good work, and never forget to spend quality and fun time with your own family. They are what keeps us going!

9. laura says:

hey rachael ray… i needed to say hi.. not suare if you read all of these or not but if you do..i need to say thak you for brightinging my day so many times. you seem to be a great person and i enjoy watching 30 minute meals… i have 3 children and only 24…i need quick fixes :) well hun.. keep it up…

10. Angie Lichner says:

Hi Rach,

I have watched all of your shows and I love them and you. I am at work when you’re on so I record your shows. When I come home the first thing I do is turn on your show. Yes, my husband has to wait for dinner. But he doesn’t mind since he has benefitted from your tasty recipes. I would like to know when you will be in the Kansas City, MO area. Believe me I will get out of work, church or family birthdays and weddings to come see you. I love they way you use a lot of the traditional Italian words (i.e. mopping; throwing salt over the shoulder for luck) that I grew up with. Rachael I’m glad to have you and your wonderful smile as part of my very hectic day.
    God Bless you and John and Izaboo.
    Angie Lichner
    Kansas City, MO

11. Don says:

Hi Ray–I think youa re awesome-really-I would like to learn more about this awesome Lady–I am up here in Massachuetts and would love you to vist–I would come and see you. Are you married–children-please tell all lol

12. Heston says:

Hello,

Great work and wish you continued success. If you ever need an honest, energetic, resourceful manager, send an email.

13. Alex says:

Hi Rachael,
    You are an insiration to me. I admire your drive, your work ethic and enthusiasm for what you do. I would love to do what you do. And slowly but surely I am working towards that. There is only one Rachael Ray…but there can be room for on more gal in the kitchen. I would love to meet you if you are ever back to San Francisco. Until then, take care and God Bless!
    Chef Alex ~ The Food Diva

14. Carmen K Kvanvig says:

hei rachael
    im carmen from norway. im 22years. i am getting married this summer. we are having seafood. i wondering if you have som tips for me. i can not cook. he he
    or even better if you would like to come to our wedding and help us out?? please?
    i see you on tv every day an i just love you:)
    From Carmen

15. Vi says:

Rach

As I watch your show in the morning I work out for 40 minutes. You have so much energy, that the 40 minutes go by very fast. So your show will be the reason for my weight loss.

From Vi

16. Jim Schoepflin says:

I saw you promoting your “garbage” bowl and have always
    wondered why all the Food Network/PBS personalities don’t stress saving
    uncooked veggies and scraps for the COMPOST PILE or backyard garden –
    especially since many of you claim to be using fresh herbs from

17. Beci says:

hey rachel i just watched your show today 2/11/08 and that guy you had on with the animals is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute!!!!!!!! omg!! I didnt catch his name but he is gorgeous!!!! Guess you dont just have good taste in food!!! lol

18. Ellen Golden says:

Hi Rachel, I enjoy your shows very much. You recently had on a guest (I believe that it was Marishka Hargity) who gave you a long-sleeved tee-shirt with the word “fly” on it. I would love to order one from her, but I can’t locate her on the web — please help. Thanks so much!

19. Sandra says:

Hi Rachel! I’m watching your show at this v.moment in Nova Scotia ,canada.( WEll,I’m writing this during commercials.)
    Love ,love your show! Todays show in particular with Mindy and her mom.
    So much fun with Trinity and the kids as well. That was such a nice gesture that you did for the little girl. Proud of you. Keep up the great shows.
    Sandra, a fan

20. shirley says:

hi rachael love your show from day one and i just love your new hair cut it makes you look so much younger and it looks great on you. i was wathing today and i tryed to get go on to the first belly diet book place and filled out the answerses and at the end i kept pressing the continue button and i cant get past that i am really interested in it. have used many of your receipes and love them i have a few of your book. keeps up the good work. God Bless

21. Chantelle says:

Hey Rachael

This Chantell Marshall from south africa and only recently have we recieved your program on our networks. I am very impressed with your show and have a question the knifeset you use in your show is it available to the public? I love the knifeset you are using and fell in love with it the first time I saw you using it. If you could answer me I would appreciate it tremdously.

Yours sincerely

Chantelle Marshall

22. Diminic says:

Hi Ray Ray,
    I love your books and I think You And your show are great.I hope to meet you someday soon. Best off health to You.

Dominic

23. Valeva says:

Hi Rach,
    Have looked all over of a recipe for fajitas, {beef or chicken} without spending a forune om ingredients. We are just a couple in love who eat very healthy but also watch our budget closely. Love you and your show to bits. Can you please help me out.
    Your great. Thanks Val
    {they call me valley}

24. Diane says:

Hi Rach!

Really love you and your shows! How about putting San Diego on your tour sometime? We’ve got wonderful sights to see and San Diego is an especially dog-friendly town!

Rach, last week I happened to be out picking up some last minute things for Easter and happened to be at a “Cost Plus” store. I was looking for a garbage bowl and couldn’t find anything suitably sized and plastic for my small apartment-kitchen. I decided to check out the display of patio-ware and happened to see a sturdy plastic ice bucket…for $6.99 it’s perfect to use as a garbage bowl! It has two handle areas that make it east to pick up, it has an inner bucket and best of all it has a lid, so it’s light-weight, counter top friendly and the availability of the lid keeps the contents from spilling out if the bucket owner happens to excel at klutzy kitchen capers. It’s not an official Rachel Ray Garbage Bowl, but it’s the next best thing for those of us who need a garbage bowl and don’t want to order it thru the official web site (sorry, but the ice bucket was cheaper too). Oh, and I also have a cool little plastic scoop now that can be used for flour, sugar, etc. Just wanted to let you know that I found a pretty useful alternative to the garbage bowl (and what a great concept that is!)

Hugs from your faithful fan Diane and her faithful rescued Golden Retriever Tanith (aka Princess Tanith Puppy-Puppy, or Miss Woofie).
    Give Isaboo a big kiss from us! You do such wonderful work, and I wish you more success than you know what to do with…you deserve all the best things life has to offer.

Diane

25. Margaret Davey says:

Rachael,
    Please come to Toronto!
    We love you here and would love you to visit!!!

26. bedure wagdi says:

you are like suger rach

bodo

27. jaydn age 9 says:

rachel can you come to VA PLEASE I love your show (and Izaboo)