Last minute lady

Are you a pear shape gal? Tips for you!

Its funny how people use food to describe their bodies.

Rachael is a pear. I am an ice cream cone. Some gals have apple bums. Some sport muffin tops.

If you are proportioned like RR, I have a tip for you.

The wrap dress is a great solution. Ann Taylor Loft does a super soft grey or brown wrap dress that looks very similar to a dress that Rachael wore from Diane Von Furstenburg. Check out anntaylorloft.com-$79

I got it in both colors for Rachael and she found it super comfy. It shows off her waist and doesn’t cling too much.

Find yourself a great boot at zappos.com

I like the bouquets Bess for $79.95! Its stretch so it can fit most calves.

Designer looks for less! How much do we love that ladies?

What shape are you?  Let me know and I can help you find your perfect fit!

70 Responses to “Are you a pear shape gal? Tips for you!”

1. Leanne says:

Rachael,

When I’m not working, I watch the show and enjoy that you hit on many topics about health and food. My question, is that when I’m working 3 different shifts in one week, when, and what should I be eating? I’ve been ravenous and gaining weight like crazy, there is no balance/schedule. My co-worker did the opposite and she was unhealthy due to skipping meals, loss of appetite, and lack of proper sleep. Help!!!! (Rhinelander WI)

2. Jeannie says:

this week, Jan 7th – 10th there was a gal on who had ‘flattened her tummy’……….. of course I only got in on a little bit of it and didn’t really get to hear how she managed to slim down………. please tell me where I can obtain more info.
    Thanks

3. i love ur advert but i would like to get so but i got no money on me,but i hope ican get one some day,i watch rachael a lot. have anice day

4. Mimi says:

I like the show and enjoy the guests. I like the recipes and how veggies are incorporated throughout.
    In response to the question at the top, I suppose I have a boy shape, but I have a large middle and I am 5’2″. Would the dresses and tops that Rachel wears look good on my shape or would I need a style that fits closer to the body? Though I am heavy I would like to look decent while I lose weight.

5. KayKay says:

I am also a pear shape. I am 30 years old and recently gained 17 pounds and would like to lose those. Until that happens I would like to know what would make my shape look better. I have a 29 inch waist and 41 inch hips. I am only 5’1″ and weigh 152. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!

6. amy says:

I am very much a pear shaped woman.i have tried every diet known to man.i am very strong minded in loseing at least 40 pounds before i turn 32.im only 5’2 and weight is some where around 160 pounds.so if any one has any tips please let me in on it.thanks so much for your time

7. Andranellia says:

Dear Sweet Jane,
    I am a middle schooler in Alabama. Believe what you may, but there is a double standerd about women. If we are not thin enough, we are chided for not excersizing, and are therefore labeled in society and by ourselves as being “fat”. But if we are not “curvey,” and ladies, allow me to put it bluntly, or top-heavy, we are not satisfied with ourselves and are therefore labeled in society as “buleimic” or “anorexic.” Either way, we can never be satisfied with ourselves. If we looked like those models, we would complain about not having individuality. Yet here we are, complaining about being too different for our own good. Teenagers and young adults are extremely influenced by the media. Much of the time, I will ignore it, but just the other day, as I was standing in line in Target [yes, I am cheap!] i found myself flipping through the tabloids and seeing what new fad diets there were, what Brittney and Paris were trying, and I stopped myself and asked this question: WHY SHOULD I CARE?!? You see every day what fad diets, new ideas of beautiful, and all other general forms of trash have caused not only a rift in between society and what we KNOW is right, but also a rift between acting like someting we WANT to be, and BEING our own, beautiful, bountiful selves. I am not saying that i would not like to find some fad diet that will help me to lose weight, but if we do not degrade ourselves to this level, then no one else can either. Let them do as they please in Hollywood, in New York, or anywhere else. I am me. All 5′ 4″ tall, hippy and busty, hourglass shaped, freckle-faced, muscular, 165 pounds of ME. And I am happy about it. I wear a size 11-13, I physically CANNOT lose weight. I can only gain muscle. I don’t care what others think. It is what I think and say of myself that influences the way that they may think of me as beautiful. No, I do not fit the stereotypical image of “hot,” but I am beautiful in my own right, and even the guy friends of mine that will sit there and insult me all day and laugh about it will tell me I am pretty, albeit not in front of their friends. I know who I am, and what I can be, and that is all that matters. I am 14, not quite in 9th grade, and yet I understand this better than my own mother can.
    Please leave me a reply ande give me your opinions.

Much love & many hugs,
    Andranellia

P.S. Stay beautiful, gorgeous, inside and out!!!
    Love&Hugs,
    Andranellia

8. Cara says:

Hi Sweet Jane,
    I’m a 5’6′ and about 135 pounds. I am fairly well proportioned, but my problem isn’t in my hips or saddle bags, but up higher – I guess it would be a muffin top problem. Can you suggest any jeans and pants that would work for me. I currently only purchase Express editor pants – they seem to work, but I can’t find jeans that are as flattering for everyday.

9. Kristy says:

Hi Sweet Jane,
    I’m a pear-shaped gal, but the problem is my ankles and calves are much larger than normal and out of proportion to my body! I’d love to wear a dress, but I feel so uncomfortable. I am considering lipo, however until then, do you have any clothes solutions? I love dresses, and only wear pants!
    Thanks, Kristy

10. John J says:

I like pears. (wink)

11. got2girls says:

Hi! I am 24 yr old mom of 2. I have probs finding clothes that fit because i sometimes feel like i am not thin but not fat… can’t wear plus size, can’t usually shop off rack… so frustrating i don’t like shopping anymore!! Also dont have big shopping budget… I used to be hourglass shape before kids but now have belly fat that hangs over pants, never wear lowrise… i love how rachel dresses, she looks dressed up but it looks so comfy to be cooking in etc… i would like to start new wardrobe like she wears…

12. Marianne says:

Not that I think I’m all that tall (5’7″) but I wish The Avenue, Lane Bryant and similar plus size shops realized that not all plus size women are short with big boobs. The ‘tall’ clothes find the crotch at my knees. And average pants are too short. Many of the tops and jackets are too bosomy. Leaves me frustrated when clothes shopping.

13. Carol says:

You had a young lady n your show that did some face exercise. I can not find them on your site. Please help if possible

14. k.t (katie) says:

Rachael
    Your hair has a shine and appears very smooth. Could you please let ME know what product you have been using?

15. Darien says:

RE: Plus Size Stores. You asked about the Avenue… i used to shop there exclusively because Lane Bryant went through a phase (at least at the ones near me) where their clothes were way too young and trendy for conservative professional dress… and for a period of time i was too heavy to shop anywhere else. I’ve since lost 160 pounds… but am loyal to the Avenue for providing me with a decent quality, affordable, professional wardrobe all those years!

16. joan says:

what is the flat belly diet?my daughter saw your show and heard about someone who was ale to reduce her stomach . thanks for any info joan

17. Ella Maria says:

I am interested in the flat belly diet, Rachael’s show introduced a book and some of the results. I really would love to have the info. Love your show have several cook books and am subscriber to Rachael’s magazine “Everyday”.

18. Rosemarie says:

Hey Rach! We have alot in common, I am Italian, love people, animals, pasta, and love to cook! I have retired recently and watching your show is a daily ritual for me. I love your enthusiasm and your positive attitude! Keep on doing what you are doing! I saw your segment about the flat belly diet, but waited to long to go on your website to get the details. Could you possibly forward the info to me. Thanks and God bless!

19. Hey Rachael, my boyfriend and I have put together a website where people can get rid of their wireless contracts with out paying Termination Fees!!!. It’s like an ebay for contracts check it out http://www.cellularswap.com.

20. Brandy says:

Hi Sweet Jane,
    This is my first time really checking out a blogg and this topic interests me because I’m a pear girl. I’m 5’7, 148lbs…size 10 or 12. My behind/hip region is bigger then my waist so I can never find jeans/pants that fit good. (I do like pants that fix below the waist. They are just more comfortable to me) If the jeans fit in the behind and hips then they are sliding down because my waist is small. So, bending over is a no-no because I don’t want to show plumbers crack. I’m a mom of two small boys so I have to bend over some. You can see my dilemma. Please help….please! I’m tired of just settling for jeans that don’t fit just because I need a pair.
    Thanks a bunch!! Brandy