Rach
by

Live from book tour!

I love book signings because I get to spend a few hours doing nothing but talking to you guys about what you like and what you want to see more of in my books and on TV. Last night we kicked off the book signings in New York City’s Barnes & Noble. We were rocking and rolling until after 9:30! Boy was my hand tired afterwards! It was well worth it and I wanted to share some pictures from last night with you guys:

Check out how many books this person brought? I love it! She’s got me covered!

atdesk.JPG

Here I am with little Ryann-how cute is she?

Rachael Ray and fan

Lots of people asked questions and gave me new ideas for recipe categories. We talked alot about Yum-o!, my kids charitable organization so you can be sure to see many new recipes on that website coming up soon, including diabetic friendly recipes.

Here’s a shot of the crowd…good thing Barnes & Noble provided seating!

crowd.JPG

Afterwards I met a few extra special fans…here I am with my hubby John and Joe, a sweetheart!

Rachael Ray and fan

Thanks for coming and see ya next year!

170 Responses to “Live from book tour!”

1. Ashley says:

Rach- Thanks for stopping by Minneapolis! I got a chance to meet you with my mom and you are so awesome! It was perfect timing for your new book because i accidentally started a small kitchen fire trying to cook with a different cookbook i had of yours so now i have another one to give my non-existent cooking skills a second shot! Thank you girl!

2. Claudia says:

Hi Rachael-
    It was worth our frozen toes and wind burned cheeks to see you at the Borders near Oakbrook Mall. My daughters and I got to Borders about 7am to wait in line for 2 hours to get a wristband so you could sign our books at 7pm. I was so excited to see you this evening, and you even signed my copy of your first magazine issue (Nov/Dec 2005). Keep smiling and take care of your wrist. Hope you get some time for yourself after the book signings.
    Merry Christmas and a healthy New Year.

3. Stacy says:

Rachael,

Thank you so much for coming to Minneapolis on your tour. My dad and I stood in line ALL day to see you and we would do it all over again tomorrow. You are so genuine and so sweet. Thank you for spending time with all of us crazy fans! I wish you, John and Isaboo a very Merry Christmas! I’m sure you’re glad to be home. WE LOVE YOU RACHAEL!!!!!

Your fan,

Stacy (Owatonna, Minnesota)

4. Sam R. says:

Hi Rachael – I was so excited that you were in Minneapolis. I drove 4 hours from WI to see you with my sister and bf! I hope you enjoyed the book I made for you. It’s special that you connect to so many people over the tv. I have watched you on the food network for years and was super excited to see that you are just as fun in person. I hope you take some time off after all this work and enjoy family and life! Keep going and smiling!

5. Caren G. says:

Hi Rachael!
    It was wonderful getting to FINALLY see you in person at the book signing tonight at Borders in Birmingham, Michigan. Like many others I stood in line in 22 degree temps from 6:30am til 8am……then from 4pm til nearly 6:30pm in Borders.
    I feel like such a jerk! As many others have said there were so many things that I wanted to say to you when I saw you but between becoming tongue tied the second I got to the table (unusual for me!)….and the Borders people rushing us through (practically pushing us) my mind went completely blank. Like an idiot I yelled “Rachel Ray!!” to you, I am also the one who gave you the drawing of Isaboo that I had done…..you appeared to like it, I sure hope so! I told you I was “honored” to meet you (which is soooo true!) but due to being tongue tied and pushed through (like the little kid on the slide in the Christmas Story)….I never was able to tell you how wonderful I think every endeavor that you are a part of is. I love your magazine, show, cookbooks, Food Network shows, etc, etc…….you have a beautiful heart and spirit that just oozes through you…I hope Borders did give you the picture of Isaboo that they promised me they would (after they took it from you when I had given it to you)….My husband was in complete awe of you as well……..I have to hand it to you. I babble like an idiot, I am never at a loss for words……..YOU are the first one who made me shut up completely due to nerves (and the “Border Patrol” at Borders!!)
    Happy Holidays to you, John, Isaboo and your entire family! We love you Rach!

6. Leanna says:

Hi Rachael,
    My mother, cousin, and I went to your book signing last night at the Borders in Birmingham. It was actually pretty cool to see you in person. I’m so used to looking at you on the T.V. because I absolutely LOVE to cook. Only being 11 years old, I think it is awesome to get to say,”I SAW RACHAEL RAY!!!”
    Well… the only thing that I didn’t quite like was that only the beginning of line got to take up-close pics with you. I was sadly stuck in the green section where no one was allowed to even talk to you barely. Luckily, I still got a personalized signing. This is just a shout out to all thosde Borders workers who pushed and shoved to get the line to move quicker. First, my mom tried to take one picture when my cousin and I walked up to you and the lady said, “NO PICTURES! NNNOOOOO!!!:-(” And second, when you had finished signing our books, the lady in charge took them and we almost didn’t get them back. She didn’t even try to hunt us down to give us our books back. Anyway… I just would like to thank you for your time showing up and signing your GENIUS cookbook!!!

-Leanna

7. Debi says:

WELCOME HOME RACH!

Enjoy a well deserved rest and a glorious holiday with your family. I hope you had a wonderful and spirited tour this year.

Thank you again for all you do and wishing you a new year of dreams realized.

Love and Peace,
    Debi xoxo

8. Megan says:

Hi rachel this is megan from MN i think you are such an amazing romodel i am in the 7th grade and i did an art project on our hero and I made you. So just keep doing what you do best is teaching us to cook.

Luv always Megan

9. Jacie Jonte says:

Dear RACHAEL’S RAY when are you coming to nashville tn for a singning of your book and i think you are a hot sexy young lady i love your show love your JACKIE JONTE

10. David Walsh says:

PS the Barne & Noble in Cary didn’t shove us in any way. The staff and everyone in the line line was wonderful. Thanks Rach. BRING 40 DOLLARS A DAY COMPLETE SEASONS to DVD please.

Love ya Rach
    Love ya too, webmaster (Merry Chrismas/whatever)

11. dan stover says:

Rach.;

Again I missed you again after you were at santana row where I would like to meet you. Is there any way I would like to ever meet you when you are here.

12. David Walsh says:

Just In Time goes #1 on NYT best sellers list this week, Rachael’s Vacations to come on Food Network 2008, and 60 (?) more 30 Minute Meals episodes also on said newtwork next year! WOO-HOO!

Much continued sucsess to Rach & John, and good tidings for everybody in 2008!

Walsh

13. Freddy D. says:

Hey Rachael!

Met you in Birmingham with my daughter and it was very cool for sure! Saw President Clinton on the show and it was great. Anthony Maurizo, I like that picture above with you and Rachael. I have a Polo hat just like that but its khaki. Would you happen to be Anthony, the wrestling columnist?

Anyways, 40 Dollars a Day is certified FIRE…I LOVE THAT SHOW. Keep it real Rach, and hope to see you again soon.

– Fred D.

14. Kathy says:

My daughter and I watch to foodnetwork all the time and your show’s are our favorites. Will you ever come to Michigan for a book signing?

15. Anthony Maurizio says:

Yes Fred, that’s me.

Hope the book tour is going well Rachael!!! :-)

16. Kim Klas says:

Rachael…….Please go to ST. Louis and tell me what resturants to eat at. I have lived her almost my whole life and do not know where to go.

17. Judy Baum says:

Hey, I want you to know there is a Southern Illinois, not just Chicago so come and visit us!

18. Kristi says:

Hi Rachel,

Love your show. I have several of your cookbooks and was wondering if you had thought about doing a cookbook that had all of the recipes from your show for a year?

Thanks,
    Kristi

19. veronica, fairfield, ca says:

Hi Rachel
    I’m struggling with weight loss and I am reading about wu yi tea….have you tried it?
    Does it work….I’m sure there’s alot of women out there that will be very thankful if you share with us some of your “weight loss tips” :)

20. Tran says:

Rachael, when will your 2008 book tour schedule be released?