Rachael Ray teaches families to cook
Rach
by

Cooking Classes for Kids

Yum-o! has partnered with the Food Network and Share Our Strength to hold cooking classes for kids and families called Operation Frontline. SOS has been doing this for 13 years and this year, we had the honor of joining forces to help carry on the successful work already started. We did classes at the Food Network this October and November and I finally got some pics from the last class.

Read more about what we’re doing with  Operation Frontline and of course, don’t forget to check out Yum-o!’s website with your kids www.yum-o.org.

Here’s one of the dishes we cooked that day-Turkey Bolognese-it’s a rollover meal!

Rachael Ray teaches families to cook

Here I am with some of the kids and families:

Rachael Ray teaches families to cook

Rachael Ray teaches families to cook

70 Responses to “Cooking Classes for Kids”

1. Lillian says:

Dear Rachel,
    I love watching your show whenever I can. However, you have a very young admirer- he is my grandson, Mateo, 4 years old. He loves to help his Mom cook and help me bake. He wants to know if we have all the ingredients, then he tells us what to do. He always asks if it is Rachel Ray’s recipe. He watches your show every chance he has and is mesmerized by you. He would like to meet you.

2. Rach, we think that this is one girl that you will want to meet, she looks like you and she loves to cook if i let her if its not hot things. katlyn is my granddaughter and she is 6 years old

3. ALGERIA says:

Rachael, My 5 year old is just crazy about you. She started school this year and i had to go buy a tivo so she can watch your talk show when she gat home. thats just the starts of things. after she watches that she turns the station on food network so she cann watch 30 min meals. I would love it if u can make her dreams come true for her birthday and invite her to your show.please and thank you

4. cami says:

I loooooove you so much I am 12 going on 13 I DVR all of your shows when I at school I cook so much (everyday) you are my hero ,my idol , my life i whould give every thing in the world to come to your show and to met you , now i have a bonch of problems with my helfe i have a exteme lack of cardlege and dehf in one ear and where a hering ad in the other i lack groth hormon so i take a shot every morning and i also have asbergrs cindrom as i said you are the BEST i hope you write back

5. Hello Rachael:
    let me first say that i first heard of you on Dunkin Donuts commercial. I then saw your show and was quite impressed by your charming personality and striking good looks. I want to applaud your efforts with helping kids realize the importance of healthy eating and proper dietary habits. It not only helps to prevent malnutrition but helps to combat the near epidemic problem of childhood obesity. I look forward to reading and seeing more of your books and your shows. Keep up the the good work!
    Jeff

6. rachael, u are so cool. when i first saw ur show i thought u were like the COOLEST person in the world!!(and u always will be!!) i love u so much! u would be so fun to hang with! i am ur total NUMBER ONE FAN!!! Love- Kaitlyn Ray Christenson

7. Emily says:

Hi Rachael i am 12 years old and I just wanted to tell you that you are a role model for me because i really want to be a chef and a manager of my own hotel/restaurant when i grow up. so everyday when i get home from school i head straight for the t.v. and watch your show hopefully without any interruptions from my brother. well i tried getting tickets to your show when i was visiting New York last summer but my mom said she wasn’t sure if we could. so i am hoping and wishing really hard that by the time i get out of collage i will be as good a chef and as good a person as you.

8. Julia Rosete says:

Dear Rachael,
    I am 7 years old.I made your fudge recipe for the first time for our super bowl party. Everyone thought it tasted great! We didn’t add the raisins, though.I want to be like you when I grow up.
    From,
    Julia
    P.S. I have your book called”Cooking rocks!”

9. Bertha says:

Hi Rachael,
    wanted to let you know that I have a 3yr old(going on 4) that she recognizes you anywhere since I’ve been watching 30 minutes meals for few years now. she’s like a mini Rachael that loves to carry everything in one trip. we call her rachael ray & also she pronounces refrigerator as rachaelrater. I hope one day we can make it to NY & go to your show. She would love to meet you.

10. Isabel says:

My 11-yr. old son is starting to have a real interest in cooking. It exites him, and he doesn’t even complain over clean-up! What can I do to nurture this motivation, helping him discover more about cooking?
    Any suggestions? Thanks! Isabel

11. Pat Jurgens says:

Just a quick note to say we love watching you as a family around dinner time. We try your recipes and they are measured around here by a thumbs up or thumbs down. While watching an episode for your turkey chili, chili burgers, you spoke about getting vegetables in the meal to get your kids to eat their veggies. My son promptly hollered to me in the other room, that now that is not one recipe I can make because you pre-warned him about the veggies. He said I wouldn’t be ablle to pull that one over him. We’ll keep watching!

12. Gail says:

We love youuuuuuu…
    :D:D
    we love your food:P

13. Nicko says:

Salve! Hi rachel, im nicko. I was hypnotizaed by ur show from the START! with the bubbly personality and beautiful smile! i watch always, and feel like i have know you when i watch ur show. like ur a part of the family! anyways, i was on the “Rachel ray sucks” website. What a bunch of dorks! cant they all get lives? anyways, dont let them get u down, and keep on cooking! Thanks a bunch,
    Nick-o!

14. Alexandria says:

Hey Rach,
    I am only 13 and I watch your show whenever i can. I love it soo much. If I am sick or I have a vacation I watch your show. Last year when I went to Virginia I found your show and I loved it. I would really like to meet you. It would be soo awsome. I would also like to invite you to one of my cheerleading competitons if you had the time to come. LOVE YA, Alexandria.

15. Thanks for the great work you do! Your are inspiration to all of us!

16. Paulette Bradow says:

Dear Ms.RaRa, Before I retired I was a teachi ng assistant at a school for children with special needs. We would do prep classes and learned what the tools were for working in the kitchen. Once a month we would prepair food for the entire class (12).We would choose a reciept,make a shopping list and check the circulars for bargens and then do the shopping.In between I gave them sewing lessons and we make aprpons and pot holders and napkins. It was a great way to teach math,reading and confidence. These skills are nolonger taught in Public Schools. Good for you and your staff for taking up the slack.

17. My daughter and I love to watch your show on Mondays which is my only day off. She recognized you had a haircut and immediately asked me if I cut you hair. Kids are too funny. Ever since watching your show she has been soo interested in cooking. Thank you for all you do for the kids! It’s really great. Jessica Wright

18. RUTH AREVALO says:

DEAR RACHEL,
    I AM ONE OF YOUR AVID FOLLOWER HERE IN THE PHILS. I LOVE WATCHING YOUR SHOWS AND I DO LIKE TO BUY YOUR COOKWARE SET (THE ORANGE ONE FOR $149.95) MY PROBLEM IS DO YOU HAVE SHIPMENT HERE IN THE PHILS. I LOVE YOUR COOKWARE SO MUCH. THANKS A LOT. RUTH

19. Stephen Barton says:

Hey Rechael

I am from South Africa and I love your show. Because of you I decided to study the cullinary arts and am strong on my way to becoming a cheff.

You are my hero Rechael and I love the way you are. Don’t ever change.

With Love

Stephen

20. leah wolfe says:

hey rachel i just wanted to tell you that i love your show so much , and i have been watching it for about 1 year and a half,love you bye