Rachael Ray and John Cusimano with Isaboo
Rach
by

“DogCatemy Awards”

The North Shore Animal League, one of the largest no kill animal shelters, puts on this annual awards show called the “DogCatemy Awards” , get it?  That is too funny! This year, John and I attended and we were able to bring Isaboo! We rarely get out as a family so we were pretty psyched about that!

Rachael Ray and John Cusimano with Isaboo

Awww, don’t we look proud? You can read more about this event at their website. It was so much fun seeing all of these celebs with their pooches. We didn’t win but one of the winners, Bianca, dedicated her award to Izzy! I think Izzy has a new friend!

162 Responses to ““DogCatemy Awards””

1. Jean Larremore says:

Actually this is about one of your shows that I recently saw and do not know how to find the right responding point. I watched the show of the animal shelter that burned down and was devistated by it. Recently a friend of mine lost his dog of 12 years and another friend posted this poem. I thought it would be good to pass it on:

The Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here,
    that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor.
    Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again,
    just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing;
    they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together,
    but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance.
    His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group,
    flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
    You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet,
    you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again.
    The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head,
    and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet,
    so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
    Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together….

Author Unknown

2. Nancy says:

Rach,

I just wanted to say that I think what you have done not only with your shows and magazine are wonderful, but also for the dogs in the world are wonderful. Isaboo is lucky to have parents like you and John. I have lost several pets in my life and so I started a website for people to post memorials for free for pets and humans. Anyone is welcome to post a memorial and the site is located at http://www.angel-hearts.org. I have lost three dogs since Oct 2006, the last one being Jan. 14th this year. I hope that anyone that wishes to post a memorial will feel free to do so for a pet or human. Bless you Rach for all you do for us. Caring paws, Nancy

3. Debi says:

Hey Rach,

Have just started today reading your blog, pretty cool site, keep up the Great work you are doing on being an Advocate for the Pit. Your Izzboo looks just like my Marla, she is only 4 months old but a Very smart and loving companion. I just purchased another, he is 7 weeks old and a bundle of Joy. I hate to see the bad rap that these enjoyable and loving pets get. The Michael Vick story had me in tears, and when I started telling my husband about it, the tears came back again and I couldn’t hardly tell him. I love my pits, and it is terrible in a Free society that I have to keep them under wraps. There is a pit safety law in our community, we have to carry 150,000.00 insurance policy that is an extra add on to our home owners policy. What is so bad is this can be any breed of dog! Sure these are a powerful breed,its just a small handful of Non law abiding citizens that make them bad. Please keep up the good work at helping these loving animals get what is due to them. They are great companions. If ya need any help, I am very willing to help in the campaign. Give your loving babies a hug and kiss from Marla and baby Max.
    Love Ya Girl!!!!
    Debi

4. Mildred says:

Rach,
    You are awesome…I had followed you from your beginings doing the traveling show…
    You ‘re spectacularly REAL…
    God Bless you..I never write to celebrities..but you are so inspirational..that watching chefography made me do that..
    I’m really happy to see a wonderful woman like you, making it BIG and been an example in society..
    God Bless YOU!

5. CJ says:

Now as to the letter on march 14th by leslie, she needs to get her facts straight and appologize to you. After I read the article I called my vet and he said garlic in small amounts won’t hurt any animal. He said the garlic helps to prevent fleas. I fed it to my dogs and it never hurt them any. I didn’t give them a whole lot of it. If I was cooking and used it they got some of what I was cooking. Keep up your good work on the show and take care of that beautiful baby of yours(izzaboo). She is a very beautiful dog. Again thank you for being you. Love Ya C.J.

6. Tyne says:

Hey,

I have most of your books and am anxiously awaiting for the Yum-O one. My family is made up of 3 dogs. I was really inspired by the special on pet food you had and I would love a book dedicated to dog recipes. One with recipes that are healthy for what dogs need everday, a book that has recipes that are researched and vet approved with the right amount of protein, fat, carbs, vitamins and minerals. I look online, but am uncomfortable just cooking a recipe that someone justs posts. I want to make sure I am giving my babies the best food possible.

Thanks again for all your inspiration.

Tyne

7. Debb says:

Hello All, I need your help! I have a diabetic dog a 4 yr old min-pin…my little precious girl! One one of your past shows you had a VET who told you not to give your dog garlic or onion…I remember you saying you would just have to rub the bowl at least! lol Anyway so many recipes for home cooked food for our canine friends include garlic…never onion but so many times garlic…wondered if you got a second opinion on that…if not if you would be able to talk to that Vet to see if is really as bad as she made it sound…don’t want any more problems for my little Zoe. If someone would just jot me an email about this to settle it once and for all I would be so appreciative! I love you and your show BTW! Debb

8. Cristal Dunne says:

hey rach, this is the first time i ever have even looked up a shows website but i really respect all you do for your community, I really love your dog izzy adorable i have a pug frechbull dog boxer mix names flicka she is awsome and playfull, i think all dogs are beautoful and i really like pitbulls as you may or may not know in ontario where i live pitbulls are banned ands it is so sad because dogs that are amazing are being put down do to the ignorance of others and the inability for people to relax they are dogs for more patient and knowledgeable dog owners not 20 yr old punks that think the dog makes them look tough,,,,, But i just wanted to post that you are a very admirable person, and beautiful inside and out, Cristal age 19 Oil City Ontario

9. Ann Nelson says:

Hi Rachael… this has nothing to do with the picture above, I just have a question for you..I sent you a couple of “SCRUBBIES” that I made and wanted you to try, I have not heard anything from you if you liked them or not, or for that matter if you even got them.Please let me know, thank you and my husband and I love your show, we watch it everyday. Keep up the good work and Happy Cooking !!!

10. meagan says:

hey Rachael. that pic was SO CUTE! I’m glad Isaboo is with a fanominal owner! (you!)
    bye Rach

11. Emily Monroe says:

Dear Racheal,

I am 12. I love your show and your dog. I would love to meet your dog(and you). I Am raising a guide dog puppy in training. His name is Jet.Sometimes Jet is a handfull and I want to give up, but it is my responsability to help prepare him forhis chalenges later on in life. He can go everywhere with me including planes, shops, malls, my school and alot of other cool places.We live in California and he is yet to go on a plane, but I look forward to the day he will. His Birthday is this Saturday. Do you have any doggie recipes for him? Anyway, I can relate to what you said today by playing hard and then dropping to the floor for hours. I think you should include Isaboo in your show more.

From Emily Monroe

12. Dave and Pam says:

Just wanted to say “atta girl” for establishing your animal rescue and pet food ventures. As ‘hosts’ to two rescue dogs, a 3 legged Sheltie named Tripod (lightning fast in spite of the missing leg) and a Wirehair/Maltese mix named Tessa, we’re strong believers and supporters of animal rescue operations and those, like you, who go above and beyond in such efforts. A big ‘Thank You’ from all of us includint Tripod and Tessa.
    Dave and Pam