Rachael Ray gingerbread cookies
Last minute lady

Christmas Cookie of the day blog!

Sunday, December 9th:

My kids are young so we make a big deal out of leaving Santa some cookies and milk and the reindeer some carrots. Somehow all of those cookies and milk all get eaten up and come morning, there are nothing but crumbs and carrot stubs by the fireplace. This year is no exception, but we’ll be kicking it up a notch, as our friend Emeril likes to say. We’re making all kinds of cookies and we wanted to share some of these recipes with you as we perfect them! So keep checking back because I’ll be adding to this list daily.

You can’t have Christmas without the traditional Gingerbread people cookies. Here is “The Rock’s” Gingerbread cookie recipe that he gave to us over at Yum-o! You can make this with your kids and they’ll love the decorating part almost as much as the eating part!

cookies.jpg

Monday, December 10th:

My Aunt Rachel used to make these Italian Fig Cookies, also known as “Cucidatis” or coo-chee-daaa-tees every Christmas. Don’t ask me where she found the energy to make these, but let me tell you, if you can find the time and a few little helpers-they are worth it! If you decide to go for it, make a big batch so you can share them with your neighbors, family and teachers. They are a unique treat that brings out some of the best flavors of Sicily-figs, oranges, almonds, raisins-this year I am going to try to make them!

Read Rachel’s recipe and story here

Tuesday, December 11th:

This has got to be the easiest recipe I have for making holiday cookies-so easy kids could make it. Since you are making little wreath shapes, you could even add a few drops of green food coloring to make them look even more the part! Why not go all the way and add a little red cinammon drop in the middle?

My friend Susan Crandall sent this one to me along with the story of how she and her daughter make cookies every year. Here’s her Grandma Kirstine’s Butter Cookie recipe.

***EXTRA EXTRA***

Today I got this great tip from someone in the rachaelray.com community and wanted to share it with you cookie makers:

“Hello. I have a tip for cleaning cookie cutters,and I thought it would be good for Rachael’s website.
I recently had to clean all of my cookie cutters, and found that the easiest way to do this was putting them all in a mesh laundry bag, and sending them through my dishwasher on the top rack. You can get the mesh bag in the laundry aisle, and they make small ones that are about 11×11. It got all my cookie cutters clean with out losing a single one. Now, I store them in the mesh bag as well, so I don’t lose it. ”

from Amber Suarez

Thanks Amber!

Wednesday, December 12

Jennifer, a friend of a friend, sent me this Cream Cheese and Jelly cookie recipe that reminds me alot of my Rugelach recipe. Either way, these cookies are out of this world and super easy. You can cut some of her chilling in the fridge time down, but the key is you want to be working with cold dough. If you are making cookies with little kids, these are good ones to do because they can’t really mess them up. My daughter, who is 5, loves to make Rugelach with me and feels sense of accomplishment when she gets the shape of the rolled cookie just right. Jennifer’s recipe makes it even easier by just having you fold a square in half!

Thursday, December 13

One of our site friends and visitors, Lisa Russell, sent us two easy recipes for holiday cookies from her mom, Peg’s collection. This first one is called Snowballs and sounds like alot of fun to make. I think I just might try these with my little ones, especially since we will be getting our own share of snow today and there’s no school!

snowballs.jpg

Friday, December 14

I keep coming back to good old chocolate chip cookies because not only does Santa love these, but so does everybody else! One of our site visitors, Terri, sent us these amazing Triple Chocolate Chip cookie recipes. Check it out!

cookies1.jpg

Saturday, December 15

Now this isn’t a cookie recipe, but we’ve had so many requests for Rachael Ray’s 5-Minute Fudge Wreath that I wanted to make it easy for you to find. I am going to make it this weekend! Like cookies, you can turn it into a gift by attaching a pretty bow to it. But since this is a cookie of the day blog, I also wanted to give you a real cookie recipe. If you liked the Snowballs we posted the other day, you gotta try Chocolate Snowballs next! Another great recipe from our friend Peg Russell.

Sunday December 16

Today’s cookie recipe comes from Rachael Ray herself. We know she doesn’t think she can bake, so if she can make these cookies, you can too! Kahlua Chocolate Chunk Cookies are amazing and easy to make!

Monday, December 17

I don’t know if you guys have heard of or tasted Brickle, but I had not had it until Saturday and whoa-it blew me away! What’s more is it is supposed to be the easiest thing in the world to make. I cornered my friend, Lisa, and made her cough up her recipe. Here it is: Lisa’s Brickle.

Extra recipe! Alot of people are looking for the recipe Robin McGraw cooked today on Rach’s show. While it looks almost exactly like our Snowball recipe here, Robin uses almonds in her version. You can find her recipe at www.rachaelrayshow.com

Tuesday, December 18

Now I always thought of paraffin wax as something manicurists use when giving you a moisturizing hand treatment but apparently it is safe to eat and alot of bakers use it with chocolate to give candies a sheen. Here our very own Plan B Mom shares one of her Aunt Missy’s traditional Christmas cookie recipes called Peanut Butter Balls. They couldn’t be easier-no baking involved-and they can last for up to two weeks. I’ll be trying these babies this week!

Wednesday, December 19

I was lucky enough to wrestle this recipe for an Italian cookie from my friend Raymond’s wife, Sherry. It’s Raymond’s Aunt Grace’s recipe for Pasticelli cookies, but Sherry is the one keeping the tradition alive in that house by continuing to bake these Christmas cookies that are so good.

Thursday, December 20

I can hardly believe Christmas is almost here. I have not finished my shopping but I’ll save that for another blog. In the meantime, I’m having so much fun trying all of these family cookie recipes that people have sent my way. This next one hails from Canada from my neighbor, Andrea’s grandmother Evelyn. They’re called Christmas Hermits and apparently they were considered quite decadent at one time because they’ve got nuts, dates and cherries all in one cookie! I may need to add chocolate chips to mine just to make them extra sinful!

Friday, December 21

The countdown is on! It’s almost time to stop making Christmas cookies and focus on the big events ahead, but we’ll keep you baking cookies all weekend on this blog. If you are like me, then you are still making cookies for class parties, co-workers and neighbors. Plus, don’t forget to leave a few cookies for the big guy on Monday night.

Tonight’s treat is a classic cut-out from Plan B mom’s Aunt Missy. Everybody loves the cut-outs becsuse you can go crazy decorating them with glazes and sprinkles. Call all the neighborhood kids, your nieces, nephews and anyone else who loves to get creative “paint” cookies. This one is where the kids have all the fun. Isn’t that what it’s all about???

Saturday, December 22

Today’s recipe is for a brownie, not a cookie, but they are so cool and festive that I had to share them with you! All you do is take your favorite brownie recipe-whether you make them yourself from scratch or from a mix, it’s up to you. Allow them to cool and while that is happening, you mix in a bowl:

• 1 1/2 cups confectioner’s sugar
  • 3 Tablespoons softened, unsalted butter
  • 2-3 Tablespoons heavy cream
  • 3/4 Teaspoon Peppermint extract
  • A few drops of green food coloring

Cream the butter and sugar until it is smooth and thoroughly combined. Add cream until it becomes of frosting consistency. Add the extract and food coloring until it is the desired color of green. Frost your brownies with this and then you can get creative by drizzling chocolate sauce or even putting silver ball sprinkles on the brownies to make them extra festive!

Sunday, December 23

Thank you Whitty for posting all those awesome cookies recipes, especially the low-sugar ones.  People will really appreciate it I am sure!  See the posts from today below to see what I am talking about.

As for my recipe of the day, I am going back to my Italian roots again and sharing with you a classic Sesame Cookie. I don’t know how you really spell it, but we used to call these something that sounded like this- “Joo-joo-lay-knees.”  Anyway you spell it, they taste good!

59 Responses to “Christmas Cookie of the day blog!”

1. Theresa says:

Rachael,
    Just wanted to let you know you are a real inspiration, and I love your shows……. I just got a job with girl scouts in PA and I set up programs for them, and the girls want to do a cooking program so I am looking to find someone to do the program for them.
    Thanks again and have a wonderful holiday season.
    Theresa

2. Patty says:

Don’t forget reindeer food!

Use oatmeal and add glitter…we sprinkle on our front lawn on Xmas eve…teh girls love it!

We tell them the glitter shines bright in the sky and it helps them find our house!

3. Theresa Johnson says:

I am looking for your cookware. My daughter has a new set and I wanted to get some extras for her kitchen to match but did not see the link on the website. When can I find a picture of the set with orange rubber handles?
    Thanks,
    Theresa

4. Stephanie says:

We also leave reindeer food. It is a great tradition and we all look forward to it. Mine also has Rice Krispies with the oatmeal and glitter.

5. All of Rachael’s products can be found by clicking the SHOP tab at the top of this website.

6. Claudia Maldonado says:

We cant wait to make cookies for Santa, but I would like to see if you can give an easier recipe for the kids, and not so much of a mess!!! lol. that wont happen!! any way, my 3 yrs. old son, Daniel, loves and I think he is going to be a chef, just like you. He is asking Santa a Kitchen and all the tools ( pots and pans) he calls them tools, I’m hopping Santa can give him, that for Christmas. I just can see him watching your show and doing eerything you do.
    Love,
    CM

7. Mackenzie says:

HI Rachael,
    I`m 12 years old and i love watching your shows they are the best and i like making your deserts i make them for my family and they tell me how good i made it but i tell them thank rachael ray for having the desert on her website because if it wasnt their it wouldnt be at my house because i only make rachael ray recipes!!! your the best cook!i like it so much im having a cooking b-day party in January making your recipes!
    (luv2cook)
    Mackenzie HArris

8. Martha Emiliani says:

Hi Rachael. I love watching your show and would like to share a cutting onion secret with you. If you do not cut the ends off, and just cut the onion in half, and then chop as needed, you will not cry. I know it works for me, and if it does, that’s great. I am a huge onion crier. Good luck.

Martha Emiliani

9. Cyndee Lewis says:

Speaking of traditions, one that I started when my son was younger and couldn’t wait until X-Mas to open presents is my mother made an elf and put it on a ladder propped on the tree. For each of the twelve days until Christmas day the elf comes down the ladder at night and delivered a little wrapped toy. We got these at the local dollar store so it wasn’t expensive, about a dolar a day. However, if my son was bad, Elfie didn’t deliver a gift. It kept the peace in my house until Christmas and also my son tried harder to be good each day. We even continued it until he got in highschool even though he knew who Elfie really was. He has now continued te tradition with his own son.

10. Cyndee Lewis says:

One more tradition we have is inviting the kids in the family for a day of decoration gingerbread houses. I have the kids collect the small milk cartons from school, clean them up, and use vanilla icing (traditional builders icing has raw eggs) and graham crackers to make the basic houses. Each child brings candy for decorations. They have a blast and it gives the other parents a break to go shopping without the kids.

11. Connie Denney says:

Hi Rachael,

I was wondering if you had a great cookie
    recipe to share. I bake about 1800 cookies and some fudge each year and deliver those to family and friends. We call this our “Denney Family Cookie Run”. We do this a few days before Christmas. I wanted to try something new. I bake obout 12 different types-(Peanut Butter with and with out reese cups, chocolate chip, white chip, oatmeal, no bakes, candy cane, sugar, snow balls, fudge, turtles and pumpkin cookies).

12. Betty Murray says:

e mail for cheesecakes made by nuns. Mentioned on show December 13, 2007. thank you.

13. Meesho D. Al says:

Hi Rach..i’ll be 15 on dec.27th , and i’m a big fan of u.i don’t know what to do on my birthday, so i hope that u will help me with that because u r the best.thanks.

14. Tara says:

I just made Rach’s five minute fudge….I have a 6 week old and I literally made it while he was napping! It really only takes five minutes and it tastes wonderful….all of our family and friends will be getting a fudge wreath for christmas! Thanks Rach for such a practical recipe

15. Mona Hanson says:

I am looking for your pecaun macaroon cookies that are gluten free. Could you direct me to them. Thank You Mona

16. Jennifer Ruble says:

Hi Rachel! I absolutely love you show. I get alot of recipes and ideas from you and enjoy entertaining. Thanks for everything!
    Happy Holidays!

Thanks Jennifer

17. Jennifer Ruble says:

LOL I just realized that I sent the message with typos. Please excuse me!!

18. Patty Kettering says:

I was wondering if anyone has a recipe for crispy pizzelle’s. Everytime I make them they turn out like a cookie and I would like them to be crisp. Thanks
    Patty

19. mary says:

Hi, Rachel…I LOVE your show and receipes. Can you please list Robin McGraw’s cookie recipe that she did on Dec. 17 show. Thanks..

20. Nelda says:

Racheal Thank you for having Abby and her Venison recipe. You can never find enough venison recipes when your from Texas ! LOL
    I have dedicated my Pet site to you !!

21. Robin McGraw’s recipe is very similar to the Snowballs recipe on our site, except Robin uses almonds.

22. susan randle says:

Rachael,
    I love watching your show and trying your new recipes. Today I was unable to catch it as closely as a usually do and missed parts of a couple recipes. I just printed them off your web site but it doesn’t give me enough information. Such as with Robins almond cookies. What oven temp? How long do you cook them for? Abby’s Venison Popovers. I have the list of ingredients but how do you cook them?

23. PATRICK says:

Rachel my friend jack loves you he just is obsessed with u …….. what should he do?

24. Rita Lambert says:

I would like to have Robin’s cookie reciepe.

25. Ilove your show and I love you so much You seem like one of the family . I would like Robin’s rec/ for the cookies I got it all eexcept the oven temp/ and time and butter .Thanks
    Bonnie

26. ATTENTION-PEOPLE LOOKING FOR ROBIN MCGRAW’S COOKIE RECIPE-PLEASE GO TO http://WWW.RACHAELRAYSHOW.COM

27. pat mize says:

I want Robins christmas cookie recipe , the almond one aired 12-17-07 I watch your show almost everyday. Love it!

28. Kait says:

I love all the cookie recipes! I am so excited to try making them!

29. Lori says:

How did you make the Whip Cream Topping you used on the Pumpkin Pie. I know you used Almond Liquor and nutmeg, what else?

30. Paula Bell says:

For Patty who is looking for a good crispy pizzelle recipe, I am sharing my family’s recipe. Also, I am including a few tricks and tips.

1 dozen large eggs
    3 1/2 cups sugar
    2 cups oil, good quality
    2 tsp anise oil (do not use extract, only oil)
    4 tsp vanilla
    6 cups flour

Mix eggs, sugar, and oil. Add the anise and vanilla. Fold in the flour in small batches. It takes a long time to blend it all well.

Now here are my tips:

1) Let the dough set, I always make the dough one day and then let it rest overnight in the fridge.

2) When cooking in the iron, do not rely on the handle clasp to hold it close. I use my own power and keep it closed until the cookies are done.

3) Watch your humidity in your area/house.

4) When you cool the cookies, cool completely before stacking.

I know some are obvious, but some of these things was taught to us every year by our Grandmother. Happy Holidays!!!!

31. le says:

Can anyone explain who to blanch almonds – i would like to try Robins Christmas cookies -

32. Pamela says:

Hey there Rachel Ray, I was reading the comments and I found one that was intersting a 12 year old girl is having a cook off of your receipes on her Birthday I think it would be a great idea if you should up to that Birthday Party. Her comment is on number 7 Name Mackineze Check it out that would be the best Party with you there think about it !!!!!!! See yeah tommorrow!!!! Love your Show its great

33. pamela says:

hi there just would like to say that I too like many other like your show and was happy to hear that you got more time on the air that is great thank you you make me want to try new things show to cook better and I hope one day I be good at it thank you

34. Inara says:

Thanks for the lasagna recipes……..They will be a great idea to make for my Parents.As we had a circumstance happen when my mom became very ill witha type of flu and had to go to hospital for intravenous as she was very dehydrated.You see she also takes care of my 82 yr.old dad with alzeihmers and poor guy was so lost,when mom was sick and did not know what to do….bless the soul of my sister who lives down the street to come to their rescue…..she did the laundry,etc..she even put up their christmas tree,to put my parents in the spirit of christmas,mom is getting better slow but sure,but I think I will make a few batches of your lasagna,the both of them to take for the holidays for mom and dad.I just love your show and have been able to watch it….before I go back to work in February…U are the one who makes my morning complete…Inara Varey ,Stratford,Ontario,Canada……thanks Rachel….

35. Fran March says:

Easiest Peanut Butter recipe ever:
    1 cup sugar
    1 cup peanut butter (either smooth or crunchy)
    1 egg

Mix all together. Preheat oven for 350 degrees. Roll into desired size balls and press flat on cookie sheet w/fork. Bake for approx. 8 -10 minutes (depending on size of cookie)or until they reach your desired crunchyness.

Cool on rack and ENJOY!

36. jennifer says:

Rachael i have been looking for a recipe for years can you help out maybe? It’s a long finger like cookie with jelly in the middle of two cookies then frosting that is hard and small sprinkles I LOVE them and since my ex’s mother made them umm I cant get the recipe. But I would always eat the whole box!! Ha ha I heard there Italian but not sure anyone out there know? Thanks Jennifer

37. Whitty says:

World Peace Cookies (if only it were that easy!)

Pre Heat oven to 325 F

You will be making 2 “logs”. The recipe can be doubled for 4 logs if you wish. Keep extra logs of dough in your freezer, so you can bake some cookies for the unexpected, if need be. If you prefer, make the dough a day or 2 ahead of time and freeze.

1¼ cups all-purpose flour
    1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1 stick plus 3 tablespoons (5½ ounces) unsalted butter, at room temperature
    2/3 cup light-brown sugar, packed
    1/4 cup granulated sugar
    1/2 teaspoon fleur de sel (available at specialty shops) or 1/4 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
    5 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped into chips, 3/4 cup store-bought mini chocolate chips
    1. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa, and baking soda.

2. With an electric mixer, beat the butter until it is soft and creamy. Add the sugars, the salt, and the vanilla and beat for another 2 minutes. Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the dry ingredients, mixing only until they just disappear into the dough. You want to mix this dough as little as possible once the flour is added. Toss in the chocolate pieces and mix only to incorporate.

3. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface, squeeze it so it sticks together, gather it into a ball, and divide the ball in half. Working with one piece of dough at a time, shape it into logs about 1½ inches in diameter and about 9 inches long. (Make sure the logs are solid—if they feel as if they’ve got holes in the center, flatten and roll them again.) Wrap the dough in plastic and chill the logs for at least 2 hours or up to 2 days.

4. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper, nonstick aluminum foil, or silicone baking mats.

5. Working with a sharp knife, slice the logs into ½-inch-thick rounds. (Don’t worry if the rounds break—just squeeze the bits back together again.) Place the cookies on the sheets, leaving about 1 inch of spread space between them.

6. Bake only one sheet of cookies at a time and bake each sheet for 12 minutes—they won’t look done, but they’ll firm as they cool. Put the baking sheet on a cooling rack and let the cookies stand until they reach room temperature.

Storage: The dough can be made ahead and chilled or frozen in logs. If you’ve frozen the dough, you don’t have to thaw it before baking—just let the dough rest at room temperature for about 10 minutes (is it ever easy to work with! Easier to cut), then cut and bake; the cookies will probably need an extra minute in the oven.

Have fun and enjoy. All the best for 2008.

38. Whitty says:

1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
    3/4 teaspoon baking powder
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1 or 2 bags of Hersheys Kisses

Directions

Unwrap around 40 Hersheys Kisses. Preheat oven to 375 F

In a large bowl, cream together the peanut butter, butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until well blended. Beat in the egg, milk, and vanilla one at a time. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; stir into creamed mixture.

With your hands roll tablespoonfuls of dough into reasonable size balls. Roll each cookie in white sugar b4 placing on cookie sheet. Push down in center just a bit with your thumb or the back of a teaspoon. Place cookies 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are lightly browned.
    Remove from oven and immediately push one Hershey Kiss into each cookie. The kiss will become soft, so don’t touch until they cool down. (oh are they so good warm and gooey)

If you want make the dough a day or two ahead of time and keep well refridgerated.

Good luck

39. Whitty says:

Oatmeal Raisin Applesauce Cookies (no added sugar)
    Pre-heat oven to 375 F

1 cup flour
    2 tsp cinnamon
    1/4 tsp salt
    1 tsp baking soda
    1/2 tsp nutmeg
    1/2 tsp cloves
    1/2 tsp allspice
    1/2 tsp powdered ginger
    1 cup quick cooking dry oatmeal
    1 cup unsweetened smooth or chunky applesauce (yes, use sweetened if that’s all that you have)
    1/2 cup light olive oil or safflower oil
    2 eggs
    2 tsp vanilla
    1/2 cup golden raisins (use regular if u like)

Directions
    Mix dry ingredients and raisins. Add applesauce, oil, eggs, vanilla and mix just to moisten. Drop on greased cookie sheets. Bake at 375 degrees for about 12 minutes. Test for doneness. Let cool 10 minutes b4 removing from cookie sheet

Makes around 35 cookies

40. Adri Weyers says:

Hi Rachel Iam from South-Africa do love your show. They show it on e-tv I do not miss it.Thanks Adri.
    Hou so aan.

41. anne in iowa says:

Many thanks for the sugarfree cookie recipe! My elderly father loves sweets but is diabetic and has a heart conditon. This will make his Christmas! Any more great recipes for people with these conditions?

42. Dena Cehovic says:

you are adorable! i love watching your show, and trying out your recipes when i have time! im 18, and i have never even tryed to cook or bake before your show. your an inspiration!

happy holidays!
    dena

43. Whitty says:

Low Sugar Cookies
    Note: splenda can be reduced to 1/4 depending on your likes.

Ingredients

1/2 c. canola oil
    1/4 c. molasses
    1/2 cup Splenda
    1/4 c. sugar
    1 egg
    2 t. baking soda
    1 t. cinnamon
    1/2 t. ginger
    1/8 t. cloves
    1 c. all purpose flour
    1 c. whole wheat flour

Directions
    In bowl, mix oil, molasses, splenda and egg. Mix well. In another small bowl combine flours, baking soda and spices. Add flour mixture to molasse mixture. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate dough for at least 2 hours. Shape dough into one-inch balls and roll in sugar. Place on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake at 375 for 10 min. Remove from baking sheet immediately. Makes 60 cookies.

Enjoy. Happy 2008

44. Whitty says:

Cream Cheese Triangles (Lekvar)

Ingredients and Directions

1/2 lb Cream Cheese (read package for conversion to lbs)

2 c Flour

1/2 lb unsalted Butter

2 tsp cream

Work cream cheese, butter and flour as for pie crust. Moisten with cream. Knead lightly until smooth. Wrap in waxed paper and place in refrigerator overnight. Sprinkle flour and sugar on board. Roll out dough, cut in squares. Place teaspoon of lekvar (prune butter) or any desired filling in one corner and fold over and press corners slightly. Bake in moderate oven until light brown. When cool, dust with powdered sugar. Keep in uncovered container for crispness.

Note: best with Lekvar (prune butter) If it’s not available locally, make ur own in a food processor

45. Whitty says:

Apple Berry Crisp

2/4 cup cherries (fresh or frozen)
    1/2 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
    1 apple, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
    1 tablespoon sugar
    2 tablespoons lemon juice
    1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
    For the TOPPING
    1/2 cup rolled oats
    2-3 tablespoons light brown sugar
    1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/4 cup all purpose flour
    1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
    1/4 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
    Combine the fruit, sugar, and lemon juice in a bowl. (Best to refrigerate for 2 hours. This will allow all the flavors to marry.)

In another mixing bowl combine all of the topping ingredients, except the butter. Add the cold butter and mix well until the mixture resembles coarse meal.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly butter a small baking dish.

Spread the fruits evenly in the dish (in about a half-inch layer). Sprinkle the coarse rolled oats mixture evenly on top of the fruit. Bake for 30-35 minutes until bubbly and golden brown.

46. Whitty says:

Applesauce Oatmeal Cookies Low Sugar
    preheat oven to 350 F

2/3 cup packed brown sugar
    2/3 cup splenda
    2 cups applesauce
    2 2/3 cups flour
    2 3/4 tsp baking powder
    1/4 tsp salt
    1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
    2 2/3 cups oatmeal
    Golden Raisins (use regular if u wish)

Prepare cookie sheet with spray or greased. In medium bowl, stir together sugars and applesauce. In another larger bowl: Sift together: flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon. Add applesauce to dry mixture. Place 1 tsp mounds on cookie sheet. Bake 10 minutes (depending on ur oven may take 2 mins longer)

47. Whitty says:

Basic Butter Cookies Recipe

Note: Dough log can be chilled up to 5 days or frozen, wrapped in a double layer of plastic wrap, 1 month. If frozen, thaw dough in refrigerator just until it can be sliced. Instead of forming dough into a log and chilling, you can roll tablespoons of dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Bake, switching position of sheets halfway through baking, until bottoms are browned, about 15 minutes total. Cookies keep, layered between sheets of waxed paper or parchment, in an airtight container at room temperature 1 week.

Ingredients

2 cups all-purpose flour
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, softened
    1 cup sugar
    1 large egg
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
    Garnish: table or sanding sugar (if u don’t have or can’t find sanding sugar, table sugar works just as well.)

Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
    Beat together butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes with electric mixer. Beat in egg and vanilla. Reduce speed to low, then add flour mixture and mix until just combined.
    Form dough into a 12-inch log (2 inches in diameter) on a sheet of plastic wrap and roll up dough in plastic wrap. Chill dough on a baking sheet until firm, at least 4 hours. (To roll cookies into balls, see cook’s note, below.)
    Put oven racks in upper and lower thirds of oven and preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
    Cut enough 1/8 to 1/4-inch-thick slices from log with a heavy knife to fill 2 ungreased large baking sheets, arranging slices about 1-inch apart (chill remainder of log, wrapped in plastic wrap). If garnishing sugar, sprinkle slices with it.
    Bake cookies, switching position of sheets halfway through baking, until edges are golden, 12 to 15 minutes total. Cool on sheets 3 minutes, then transfer with a metal spatula to racks to cool completely. Make more cookies with remaining dough on cooled baking sheets.

Happy 2008!

48. Ed shult says:

rachael do you have more fudge recpis the one you posted looks very good do you have more candy recpis that are made with out sugar my wife can’t have sugar and I love 2 make candy Ed Shult

49. Ed shult says:

My wife love your cooking part of the show

50. Ruffian says: