Rach
by

The Yum-o! Family Cookbook

Hi Kids,

I hope everyone is having a great new year! I am busy taping my new show for Food Network (I got to try snowboarding this weekend!) and taping the day time TV show (check in out on 1/31-we’re on ice), but I am most excited about a special project that is going to launch in April. Following our mission at Yum-o! to help families develop healthy relationships with food and cooking, we are coming out with a new cookbook. The Yum-o! Family Cookbook is a collection of recipes that are good and go for you so you and your family can prepare delicious meals together and teach your kids good eating habits along the way. These recipes are designed to be prepared by kids and adults so you guys can get in the kitchen and have some fun…together. And as an added bonus, you’re going to see some recipes that were sent to us from kids too, which is just too cool. Some of these guys are really itty bitty and it just warms my heart that they are in there making up good recipes.

So keep an eye out for the book in April, but in the meantime, we’ll have fun contests and giveaways before then.

Ciao!

Rach

Check out the Yum-o! organization.

Note:  Rachael’s proceeds from the Yum-o! Family Cookbook will be donated to the Yum-o! organization.

148 Responses to “The Yum-o! Family Cookbook”

1. chrystal says:

Dear Rachael
    My 5 children and i love your show very much. We watch both shows . I was wondering when are your products gonna be available in Nova Scotia Canada ? right now i am working on a cookbook fundraiser for my childrens school and i would be ever so happy if i could purches some of your kids stuff for there little hands Please Help .
    Ever So Greatfull
    chrystal

2. angela says:

I’M TRYING TO FIND A RECIPE FOR RACHAEL’S FAVORATE HAMBURGER. I ONLY CAUGHT PART OF IT- I THINK IT WAS A 30 MIN.SHOW. I CAN’T SEEM TO PULL IT UP THRU THE SITE TO PRINT IT. I REMBEMBER SOME OF THE THINGS IN IT- GROUND BEEF, PORK, FRESH BASIL, AND I THINK PROVOLNE CHEESE. PLEASE HELP!! IF POSSIABLE,EMAIL IT TO MY EMAIL ADDRESS. ANGELA

3. Sandhya Udayshankar says:

Dear Rachael,
    Im Sandhya and im 22 years old, I love to cook and i watch your show from Dubai, United Arab Emirates on the MBC network. I love your show! and try not to miss it everyday.
    Whats brilliant is that you make every show interesting and innovative.And you put your heart and soul in everything you do..
    All the best with your shows and everything in Life :)

Love
    Sandhya Udayshankar.

4. Chelsea says:

Hey.. Im Chelsea :)
    and i Live In England :D 15 years Old Btw..

and i absoloutley Love Rachael Ray :)
    Your a legend Mate =D
    x

5. Nancy says:

Hello,
    We’re planninga a trip to Malaysia to visit our son and his family while living there on business. My daughter-in-law can’t find mayo there. Do you have healthy recipe for making mayo? Thank you I love your show

6. Tazzie Carman says:

Hello Rachael,
    I’ve been having a hard time finding Old World Sicilian Sour dough and Pizza crust recipes. I can’t find my Great-Nona’s recipe’s for them, they were past down to me from her ( I’m so crushed too). I’m the only granddaughter who has them. There in the attic I know it.The sad thing about it, is her Great-Nona gave them to her to pass on. Please if you can help me. Thank you.

Ciao,
    Jill

7. Tazzie Carman says:

Hello Rachael,
    Ciao,
    Jill

8. Lori says:

hey rachael,
    i never miss a show and i even tape it if i know i can’t watch it @ 11 (when it comes on in my neck of the woods)…………you are sooo cute and clever and make cooking actually look fun because i live alone and im the queen of the microwave but when i see one of your recipes that i really like i just have to try and make it!!!!! So KEEP ON COOKING GIRL!!!!!

9. geonna says:

hi ms.ray how are you I like your rachael ray top 30 kid food and I think I try some of them and I want to try them all too you have a great food book and i want to say you rock keep on cooken bye

10. TRACEY says:

HI RACHAEL
    I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING YOUR CAREER AND COOKING YOUR RECIPES SINCE YOU STARTED ON THE FOOD NETWORK. I WATCH 30 MIN MEALS ALL THE TIME AND I WATCH YOUR DAYTIME SHOW EVERY DAY. I HAVE ALL YOU BOOKS AND SUBSCRIBE TO THE MAGAZINE. I LIKE YOU A WHOLE BUNCH YOU ARE SO SWEET. AND BEING ITALIAN/SICILIAN, LIKE YOU, I LOVE YOUR ITALIAN RECIPES THE MOST. EVEN THOUGH I DID LEARN TO MAKE THINGS FROM MY ITALIAN GRANDMOTHER, I COOK ALOT OF YOUR RECIPES AND WHAT I LEARNED FROM YOU HAS MADE ME A BETTER COOK. I ALSO THINK THE WONDERFUL THINGS YOU DO FOR PEOPLE IS SO WONDERFUL.
    KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK–JOHN IS A VERY LUCKY MAN. HAVE A GOOD YEAR AND TAKE CARE.

11. Samantha says:

Hey Rachael,
    Im sixteen and I love to cook. I try to watch your show everyday, but im in a lot of sports and the time of your show im in school, so I only get to see half of the show. But the part I do see I love!! I was actually cooking this mean noodle salad for the family and I use a bowl for my garbage,and my mom ask if I watched your show today and I said, “No,why?” she said because you use a bowl for your garbage too. So I felt good when I thought of the same thing you did. Im so excited for your new book! Keep me posted.
    Love,
    Samantha

12. Nita says:

Hi Rach,

I so love watching your shows on TV. I am a Filipina but currently living here in the US with my family and kids. Been an avid fan of yours since I moved here 5 years ago.

13. Annette says:

Great show with Julia and Rachael making the orange cake.

I recorded it to make sure I got all the ingredients to make it the next day.

However, the amount of oj and dry ingredients (flour, b.p and salt etc) was not given……Will it be posted with the weekly recipes?????

Looking forward to more great shows and making the orange cake and other wonderful dishes that you inspire

Yum-o

Annette

14. JRaye says:

Grrr…!!!! Cable guy was here today and kept interupting the show! O well now I have more channels like food network maybe I can catch other Rach shows now! although love love love the one on daytime tv!

~JRAYE

15. hi raye just love your show love your cooking will u have any shows as to the summer is comming and i do camp out lots in yhe summer keep up the show just love it wen u talk about your dad u are a very carring person luv u

take care

Henry

16. Roberta says:

Hi Rach.
    I watched the last episode of The Biggest Loser Couples on NBC the other night for the first time, and there is a girl on there who is a spitting image of you… it’s really freaky. Of course, she’s heavier than you, hence the show, but I would love to see the two of you side by side….
    There are a couple pics of her (Brittany) on their website, but there’s even more of a resemblance in her face if you watch the show.
    Thought this would be fun, and you could meet someone who really resembles you :)

17. LEla Williams says:

HEy rachel. i watch your show everyday. and a while back i saw a show where you made over the UGLy-est kitchen ever. i didnt know how to contact you so i tried it through a blog response.my mom works her butt off for my family…i even got a concussion from cheerleading and she took 3 days off of work to stay at home with me.Our home is a 1960′s home and a kitchen to match…there has been only a few updates.RAchel i am asking that you help me and my two siblings to give my mom a kitchen that she would love to show off to her co~workers. please email me when you have the time. thank you much Rachel for taking the time

much love
    Matthew, Lela , and miranda williams

18. David Walsh says:

Any chance of a preview of the Yum-O cookbook cover here? Already pre-ordered it at Amazon.

Thanks,
    Dave

19. Karen says:

I forgot to tell you that I use a lot of your recipes for my husband. They are easy and fast. He even eats pasta. And your stoups are a hit (he hates soup)! They adapt easily to his diet and I have lost weight too (I’ve gone from 310 to 272) and look forward to more. Thanks for all you’ve done for all of us. I am addicted to all your shows and my hudband loves to watch you on food channel.

20. Lara says:

Just when I thought there couldn’t possibly be another great RR cookbook! You’ve done it again! I can’t wait for this one! My family has been trying to eat healthier meals. No more fast food! Yay!! My husband lost 85 pounds in about 12 weeks. Our oldest daughter has lost about 40lbs in about a year and a half. I get stuck sometimes when it comes to ideas for new recipes and we wind up eating the same things over and over. I need fresh ideas! Thanks, Rachael!!

21. Daniel says:

Whats coming up in March??? The BIG new idea, can you tell me more? See ya around, keep up the superb work… Sincerely Daniel

PS: I never got my BOXTER yet?? Did it get shipped as of 02/12/08 please call and let us know Donna is waiting as I am too!!!

22. Daniel says:

HEY I looked at ALL these replies and it looks as I am the only other guy that watches and/or replies?? Other than (Stephen #12) or is that a female too? I am proud,married for the 2nd time at the age of around 25/55yrs. old…LOL
    Just thought I’d bring this up to the blogers.. Thanks again Daniel (aka/Mr”D”)

23. Daniel says:

PS: # 68 slid one in on me…David

24. cATHY lOCKHART says:

I was so disappointed to read in this morning’s SA Express that you were in San Antonio. I own Fridas Mexican & Latin Cuisine and wish you had stopped by for our tortilla soup. It was rated “critic’s choice” in SA and is different than anything you have presented. It appears from the newspaper article you focused on the same old “tex-mex” restaurant. Too bad! You would have loved Fridas latin fare. You can still “visit” us at http://www.fridas-sa.com. Maybe we will see you next time!
    buen provecho! Cathy

25. Pier says:

Hi Rach,
    My name is Pier from Glen Burnie Maryland. I am the mother of 4 beautiful girls ranging in age of 17 to 6 years.

The girls and I have a few health issues, so I’m trying to cook healthy meals for us. 4 out of the 6 of us, if you include my husband need to loose a lot of weight. I myself need to loose about 200 lbs if I am to stay around for my kids. Surgery is out of the question because we have no health insurance that covers my husband and myself. So we are trying to do it by changing our eating habbits.

We have switched to whole wheat pastas, but there is a limited varity around here. We like things like the no boil lasagna noodles or linguini and fetuccini. However around here we only have rotini, penne, egg noodles, macaroni, and spaghetti. So we need some ideas on how to get a better variety.

Also, we would like you to pass our information to Bob Green to see if he could offer some helpful information. Like I said, I need to loose about 200 pounds. I have high blood pressure, but can’t afford medications. So to loose weight would really help because it would help control my blood pressure. My 17 yr old daughter has a severe heart condition. She has had it all her life. She needs to loose about 100 lbs. My husband, he is healthy, but we want to keep him that way. He needs to loose about 100 lbs also. Lastly, the youngest child is already showing signs of my body type. She needs to learn better ways of controlling her weight and she is only 6.
    We really need some help. I really need some help. I want my family healthy so that even if nothing can be done to help me, they will at least have a better chance than I gave myself. I don’t blame any one for my weight issues but myself. I also blame myself for their weight issues. I feel I let them down by not being a better example. This is why I’m reaching out to try to rectify this for them now.
    I admire you so much because you seem so down to earth. Your cooking style is so similar to mine. You have the same policy I do, Make it quick, make it good. So if you have any Ideas please send them our way.

Sincerely,
    Pier Flack

(please excuse any spelling errors)

26. Susan says:

Rachel-

Just wanted to tell you how much I have loved the Yum-O cookbook. My Dad bought it for me for Christmas and I think i’ve made dinner out of it 4-5 times a week ever since. My kids and husband love the recipes and I am learning more and more ways to liven up mealtime. We have a tradition of asking “what good thing happened to you today” of each person at the table. I’m getting a lot of “My good thing is tonight’s dinner”. Thank you very much! (oh and the open face turkey sammies are my dad’s new favorite!)

27. Doreen says:

Hi Rachael, I just love watching your shows, all of them!! You are the favorite for my whole family. We all love you! My niece and namesake, actually got to meet you in CA at your book signing. I am hoping that someday, for a future book signing, you will mabe come to New Hampshire!! Please!!!! I would love nothing more than to meet you. I bought my mother a bunch of your cook books for christmas a couple years ago, and I ahve the kids cookbook to use when nieces and nepohews visit. I am looking forward to your new book in april. I am trying so hard to lose weight right now, for my health. I am unfortunately obese and am working so very hard.But i am finding it hard to find things I like, that are good for me to eat. I am a very picky eater, so its really difficult. I have lost 32 lbs so far( its been 5 months), but as I said, it is hard to find things to eat. any ideas would be extremely appreciated.
    You keep up the good work sweetie, you are by far the greatest. I live for your shows every day!! thank you for bringing so much joy to my home!! You ROCK!!!!!!!!

28. Angela says:

Hi Rach

As soon as I saw your show where you made the chicken cutlets and spegetti I knew that I wanted to make that. So I did – for my family for Valentines Day. They loved it! It was a great hit! “This was the best chicken I have ever had” were the comments that I got. Thanks for the great recipe.
    Also, I wanted to know if you had any ideas on a special something I could do for my husband for our 10th anniversary. It is on April 18th and I really wanted to do something special. It is already going to be a difficult day because it is also the 1 year anniversary of my father-in-laws self inflicted death. Yes, on our anniversary – not a very good way to celebrate. So this year I would like to do something nice, something to celebrate us. Anything you could suggest would be a great help.
    Thanks,
    Angela

29. Wanda Torres says:

Feb. 16, 2008
    Dear Rachael,
    My name is Wanda. I love to have your show on even if it’s just to hear your voice. It makes me feel comfortable when I’m at home. You are very entertaining. I hope you’re on for a long time. My husband is a huge fan of Iris Chacon a Puertorican vedette. She is known as La Bomba de America. It would be awesome if you could invite her to your show and have her say Hi! to Raymond on the air. He would flip out. Write me back please. Thanks.

30. Gina says:

Hi,

I just wanted to say thank you for introducing me to herbs and spices. I had not a clue how to cook and I bought your book 30-Minute Meals and tonight I made the Salisbury Steak and Smashed Potatoes and Spinach. I also made the dessert dish Ginger Peach Cobbler. My fiancee and I have 6 kids but I made this for him and myself for dinner since all the kids were gone. He said it was the best meal I ever made for him and he loved it. Thanks for sparking my interest in better cooking and for making my man very happy!!

I look forward to making more of your delicious recipes!!

Gina

31. Karen Cox says:

I have been a fan since 30 Minute Meals started. The family have been the second generation fans, and now my granddaughter (who is 1 yr old) stops whatever she is doing whenever she hears Rachael Ray’s voice. She has good taste!

32. Cook 2 B says:

I Luv Your Show! Please Come to Minnesota to sign your books!!!

33. Myrna Carpenter says:

I didn’t know where to post this… I just watched today’s show and I LOVE YOUR HAIRCUT!
    Always lookin good Rach!

34. jessie mattingly says:

hey i love ur show and i always get so hungry when i watch you cook! im only 13 and when i watch you cook it inspires me soooo much to cook somthing. i would also be delighted to come on ur show one day! hope u have a great day! by!

35. alesa doty says:

Hi Rach…. I love your show… i record it every day.. i just want to ask you a question? I’m doing a 60 mile walk in seattle washington for breast cancer… but i need to raise 2200 dollar to walk…if you could help me out that would be great … if not that is ok to .. i will still watch your show…love you lots…Alesa Doty keizer oregon

36. Chantelle says:

Hey Rachael

I am from South Africa and was wondering how I could aquier your fabulous knife-set! I watch your show and enjoy it tremendously! It is fresh, new and very origanal as to the regular shows you get on the television! Please if you could let me know how I can get a set of your Knifes I will be very happy and quite franckly in seventh heaven!

yours sincerely
    Chantelle Marshall

37. Marg Bowers says:

I’m having trouble connecting to someone to say ,I’m trying to register for the “RR Club” &
    I can’t because Canada is not in the country drop down menu. Can someone steer me to the right place to ask this question.?
    Thank-you so much.

38. Kelly Tongamana says:

Rachel,

I have watched your show almost daily-have two kids so that doesn’t always happen-anyways, I want to buy one of your cookbooks, however, I noticed that they lack many pictures. I need pictures to see what it is suppose to look like. Please add pics to your next book to help those culinary challenged.

Kelly Tongamana

39. portia langford says:

hi rachael we love your show my husband and i watch you all the time.Were from columbia sc buy the way how can i get that free flatbelly book.I have congestive heart failure and losing some pounds would really help im 5’7 and 210 pounds im so over weight.Any tips on what i can eat on a daily base thats not 2 expensive.. Love portia and james

40. Jean Larremore says:

Hey Rachael. I was just watching your show and wanted to let you know how much you have taught me. I am over 50 and have never really cooked and when I have, it was always with oils that had lots of fat. Since I started using EVOO more, I am actually getting a better flavor and am losing some weight. (not enough yet)
    I was going to give you a tip which I’m sure you already know, but I’ll send it on anyway. I have found that if I want to make kabobs, I take two bottles of Italian Dressing and soak potatoes and onions in it for about 12 hours. The potatoes and onions soak up the flavor and when I’m ready to cook them, they cook as fast as the meat I am using. An hour before I put the potatoes, onion, and meat on the kabab stick, I put some small tomatoes in with the potatoes and onions and let them soak a little also. The meal can be ready in as little as 20 minutes depending on the meat chosen for kabobs.
    I love your show.

41. Robyn says:

I have thought about a tummy tuck many times over the past couple of years. I just can’t seem to lose my baby fat from having kids. I also have a condition which is called metabolic syndrome which can lead to diabetes. With this condition you do have more belly fat. Just this morning I was feeling disgusted with my belly, thinking of a tummy tuck again, wishing I had the guts and the money to do it. Your show today with the Fat Belly diet couldn’t of aired at a better time. I jumped on my computer and ordered it. I can’t wait for it to get here so I can try it. So many diets have failed and I have fingers crossed that this one will be different.
    Anyways, thanks for your wonderful, fun and educational show. I watch it everyday.

42. Alicia says:

Hi Rach! I am excited about your Yum-O! cookbook! It will be a few years before my daughter can help me with the recipes though… shes only 4 months old! But my mother-in-law and I are going to buy one and cook things together with Leah when she gets old enough! Of course by then, you may have 2 or 3 editions of Yum-O! cookbooks! :) Love the show, we watch it every day! And yes, she is only 4 months old, but I promise she watches! Its funny!!! :) We will see you tomorrow at 10:00 am central time! :)

43. Mary Ward says:

Rachel,

I love your show. I know that would have said many times on ur show that you have a pit bull. The state of Tennessee wants to make owning a pit bull illegal. http://gopetition.com/petitions/tennessee-to-ban-pit-bulls.html. They are wonderful pets as I know that you know. Hope all is well and I love your show today. Thanks bunchs. Mary

44. taylor says:

hi rachel,
    my name is taylor and im from chino california. I just have to say that i love your show!!! i have a little sister who is four and she loves oyu too. We always cook together using the recipes frm your show. Cooking is one of my pasions just like animals, i hear you love them too. Anyway thanks for all the great food and making it fun.

Taylor

45. Joan Robb says:

Hey Rach,
    I must first say that you are so down earth. It must be the Italian blood..ha ha. My name is Joanie and I’m from Philly, South Philly to be exact.You would fit in so perfectly here, we have alot to offer in our Italian district areas. I watch your show daily (TIVO) along with all your other shows that I TIVO and me and My 16 yr old daughter love you. Your cooking is sensational and we like your ideas, fits right in to our lifestyle. Hope you come to Philly one day so we can meet you……….Mangia ciao’

46. 3kids3dogs says:

Hi Rachel,

I love watching your show. The meals you cook are pretty easy and the chidren love them just as much as my husband and I. Thanks on the info. about belly fat. I still have that from my twins (11 years ago) I do exercise at the Y and home but, it’s still there.
    Thanks for all your tips and keep up the great work!!

47. Anne says:

Hello Rach,
    I have purchased and received as gifts your Cook Books and am looking forward to your next one. I would love to share with you a recipe I have come across that is Perfect for Mardi gras and is from the restaurant Galatoire`s. It is called Shrimp in Re`moulade Sauce and is a Salad. 4 stalks of celery, 4 green onions chopped, one small onion chopped, 3/4 cup italian flat leaf parsley, 1/2 c. red wine vinegar, 1/2 c. ketchup, 1/2 c. tomato puree, 1/2 c. Creole mustard, 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce, 1 1/8 c. veggie oil, 2 tsp. paprika, 2lbs. Large peeled/deveined shrimp and 12 lettuce leaves.
    Combine celery, both onions and parsely in food processor and Pulse til finely choped. Add the vinegar, ketchup, tomato puree, & Worcestershire sauce and process til well blended. Scrap down as you go. With food processor running drizzle in your oil until blended and Stir in your paprika. Transfer to jar or bowl and cover and put in frig for 6-8hrs/or overnight. When ready to use, stir the sauce, then pour over the shrimp and toss to coat. Serve ontop of lettuce leaves. Enjoy. P.S the Restaurant Galatoires was in New Orleans and is now in Baton Rouge.

48. Ashley says:

Hi Rachel,
    Oh my i can’t believe i am talking to you. I love your show. I may only be 11 but i want to be a chef when i am older. You are my role model. :) thanks. I hope you can respond. syanora,
    Ashley

49. donna priddy says:

my sister loves you and loves your show.do you ever send out sample magazines?

50. James says:

Hello Rach,
    My mom luv’s watching your cooking show. She likes your food that you cook up on tv. She’s been laid up in bed for sometime and it seems that the only thing that makes her happy is watching your show. I was wondering when are coming to Hawaii? I know my mom would be happy to see you in person…Any have Great Year and Thank You for being the person you are! Mahalo….