Rach
by

Entrepreneur’s Organization gives to Yum-o!

My husband John’s best friend, Brad Rand, is a member of the Entrepreneur’s Organization. Last night they presented me with a check for $7,500 for Yum-o! How cool is that? The Yum-o! family thanks you, Brad!

Pics from last night:

download1.jpg

John, me and Brad:

download-11.jpg

See ya tomorrow at the book signing!

56 Responses to “Entrepreneur’s Organization gives to Yum-o!”

1. Hey Racheal
    its yasmin and macy 14 yrs old
    we always watch your show on Mbc4
    we like to gather the whole family and just watch it!
    we watched the mothers day episode and mrs Denise Jonas and we were thinking if you could bring Jonas Brothers this time ?
    too bad we won’t be able to see them live
    too bad we won’t see them ever!!
    cause we live in Egypt
    have a good day
    Yasmin&Macy

2. David Mann says:

Hey Rach,
    It is just awsome that your friends are able to generate so much money for such a great cause. Like your project which helps youth,I am also trying to “Teach Traditional Values to the Youth of Today and do it the Cowboy Way”. Your celebrity status could help this country boy get noticed by the “Ones” who can make a difference. Check out the website and let me know if you can help.
    Cowboy Dave

3. Deanna says:

HEY RACH!! ITS DEANNA! I MISS YA ALREADY. HAD A BLAST SAT NIGHT AT CRINGE CONCERT! WOOOOOOO WHOOO!!! BOOKSIGNING WAS AWESOME! HOPE YOU LOVE THE TATTOO! I HAD SUCH A GREAT TIME EVEN THOUGH I DROVE A TOTAL OF 26 HOURS THERE AND BACK AND GOT LOST GOING HOME TO CLEVELAND! SEE YOU AGAIN SOON I HOPE AND THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING! YOU ARE THE BEST!

4. I am a no one

You are Rachel Ray, and Jennifers

You are what I am doing…

Lets do it and be together

Until we cross paths next

5. Dear Rachael,

I spend the summer working in a home office and watch you almost every morning. I am a voice specialist with a doctorate in voice performance and a certification as a voice therapist through the McClosky Institute of Voice out of Boston, MA. As I listen to you today your voice is more stressed than normal – but you also have a “normal” state of stress to your voice on any given day. I hear a constant state of edema (swelling) on your vocal folds probably brought about by improper phonation – possibly what is called “muscle tension disphonia.” It really concerns me when people like you that are providing a great service to others are handicapped by a debilitating vocal issue. I would greatly encourage you to do the following:

1. As soon as you think you are back to “normal,” have your vocal folds scoped by a medical professional to find out the actual state of your vocal folds.
    2. Contact a vocal specialist and/or therapist, that can lead you to change your paradigm of phonation – learning clear “free-flow” phonation techniques.
    3. It is possible that you have reflux issues that you may or may not even be aware of. Reflux does not have to burn the throat – but if it progresses to LPR status (laryngeal/pharyngeal reflux) the acid spills over into the larynx causing constant edema to the posterior area of the vocal folds – general symtoms are a hoarse voice and constant vocal fatigue. BTW, reflux is the number one cause of esophageal cancer.

The bottom line is – you are still relatively young and have many years of contribution to give to the public. If you do not address these vocal issues head-on they may possibly progress to greatly hinder the opportunities you would otherwise have.

Of course, there may be issues that I am totally unaware of that would negate everything I just said. I am certainly not trying to alarm you – only offer help if it may apply. Medical professionals are available to help us – please use them.

Best wishes. David

6. Mike Dittmer says:

Dear Rachel,
    That is great that your husband’s band was able to contribute… I have a charity sports card/silent auction/autograph session each year to kick off the Corn Palace Festival here in Mitchell, SD every August.

Do you donate autographed items for other charities? This year we are supporting Limbs For Life (http://limbsforlife.org). Two area people need prosthetic devices and the money we raise with the auction of the items goes towards their purchase.

Let me know if you can help. Wife subscribes to your magazine and I love your recipes she makes. Also, where can she get the cool EVOO dispenser you have? Is it Fiesta Ware?

Sincerely,
    Mike Dittmer
    Mitchell, SD

7. JOMARIEBURNS says:

I just love the program and all your receipes.
    just one comment that make me a little (ALOT)annoyed.
    i decided to enter a contest for the cookware followed directions and did not want to buy any of the magazines or services. after I clicked enter, within 12 minutes I received 20 e-mails. now I am getting up to 20 spam a day and solicitations from all over,
    I never realized that entering a contest for Rachael Ray Cookware would control my laptop
    Now I found this blog. perhaps something could be done to correct this situation. I now have to change my e-mail and that is like changing a phone number I was going to order the cookware but now I am not.I really am up-set and disappointed. in the promotion of these products.
    JoMarie Burns

8. Debi says:

Rach ~

Thank you for an awesome 2nd season on RR Show! I enjoyed every minute of it!
    Have a great summer traveling – I will look forward to your new travel shows this summer on the food network.

You are a gift – Safe Journey
    Love and Thanks,
    Debi xoxo

9. Chef David Gooch says:

Hello Rachael:
    I would really like to speak with you about being a guest celebrity chef at our first Habitat for Humanity fundraiser since hurricane Katrina. We are currently composing a guest list and would be absolutely thrilled if you would be a part of the event. It is scheduled for Saturday, November 15 at 6:00 p.m. in Slidell, Louisiana (just north of New Orleans). This event is being catered by Nathan’s Restaurant; Chef/ Owner Ross Eirich, formerly Executive Chef of Galatoire’s restaurant in the French Quarter, and myself; David Gooch, formerly Sous Chef of Ralph Brennan’s Redfish Grill. Thank you for your time and we anxiously await your response.

10. Richard says:

Hey everyone,

You can buy Yum-O, which makes a contribution to RR charity and save money at the same time. Go to http://www.shopalldaylong.com/17559 and type in Rachael Ray. You can order her book and all of her cookbooks, magazines through this site and it will save you money at the same time help Rachael’s charity too! again go to http://www.shopalldaylong.com/17559 and type in Rachael Ray! It is a great link!

11. Kelly King says:

Rach

I really love all of the charity work that you do you think of not only your self but every one else and you really have in spired me to help out people I have joined Key Club at my school and i now am helping senior citizens at the brother ens home in Greenville Oh, You have also inspired me to cook I do most of the cooking at my house and it is all healthy and my parents are really surprised about how much my habits have changed and it is all because of you Rachel Ray. Your show is the best when i was at school I would tape your show since i was at school you have inspired me to do better on my home work and now I am loosing weight more boys are interested in me and I dont feel like such and out sider and that makes me feel great! I have always wanted to go to one of your shows but it is just to expensive for a girl like me to do something like that I just wanted you to know that you have inspired me to do some really great things in life I hope that you know that I really would love to see you in person some time Rachel
    Your Fan
    Kelly King

12. Autumn says:

Hey Rachel,
    I just wanted to say that I absolutely adore you! I watched the E! True Hollywood story on you and I was so excited because I have always loved your shows! I couldn’t believe that someone would have a negative site about you…people have some issues but I just want you to know that I love you and you are an inspiration to me considering I love to cook also! Keep up the amazing work, you have an amazing energy and you are such a beautiful person!

13. Austin Elder says:

Dear rachael,
    Hi my name is Austin Elder. I am a 12 year old boy from Iowa. I was recently diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia.
    When I was first diagnosed I was required to go on steroids. While on the steroids I wasn’t myself but I did gain one good thing while on them. I realized how many foods there are and i wanted to try new foods. The steroids made me….. depressed (whitch is a very strange feeling that i had never felt) so i would just mope around and ocassionally i would watch t.v. One day my mom was watching your show so i sat down… it was love at first sight. Your cooking looked so good and every thing i saw i wanted to try. I am now addicted to the food channel. I would like it if you could message me back some how. I didnt know if how to blog so i figured you probally read these too.

Sincerely,
    Austin Elder

14. Heather says:

Rach,
    First and foremost, congrats on the contribution to Yum-O! A charitable organization I feel so strongly about!! I have a question for you and would sooooo appreciate your help. I love to cook and learned the same way you did…my Mom! She is an excellent cook and never had a recipe – just a little of this and a little of that. That is where I learned to cook and people absolutely rave about my food. I have been trying to put my “foods” into some kind of recipes and collect them. I would love to share with others and would absolutely love to publish a cook book. Where do I start? I need some help on how to fulfill this life long dream of writing and publishing my own cook book. Any help and/or advice would be so greatly appreciated! Keep up the great work on RR, I watch every single day!! LOL, Heather

15. novaa says:

hiRach
    im novaa from meadeleast…..
    we love u and your show all my fimly watch it
    your brogram its co0o0ol (=^_^=)

abot your cooking also co0o0ol

why you dont cook somtning from meadil aest..??
    like cabsa..its co0ol cook

last but not least ….
    i wish you lots of happiness in your lif
    take cera (^_*)
    from novaa

16. Dora Yu says:

Aloha Rachael: My name is Dora, I hope you remember me, I can’t believe I saw you at Safeway market in Maui, you look great! I watch your show all the time.
    I am so excited and forgot to ask invite you come to our house if you have time.. we live in Kaanapali hillside, we are retired and moved here 6 years ago, we love here very much..
    Please let me know, may be I can “cook” Chinese food for you..: )
    Take care, have fun in Maui and God bless
    Dora

17. Congratulations Rachael you are a huge success and our favorite!!!! We have a new company Redfish Riviera at http://www.redfishriviera.com which incorporates the coastal shores of the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic, ranging from Brownsville, Texas to Surf City, Nort Carolina. Redfish Riviera Inc. was created to educate consumers about our sport, provide information about redfishing tournaments, and offer world-class apparel and speciality items; all available thru http://www.redfishriviera.com.
    Redfish Riviera will post a new Redfish recipe each month and would love for you to rate the recipe and give us some input on your favortie redfish recipes. Please visit our blog page and rate our recipe, we would love to hear your opinion and join your blog page. Our online apparel store will be opening July 4th 2008. Your success inspires us-congratulations again!!! http://www.redfishriviera.com

18. Allison Rupp says:

Hi, Rachael!

I am a mom who has a 15 year old dream to open a cafe/tea room for people with small kids, incorporating fun and sassy “mini” foods of both the sweet and savory kinds using organic, non-refined ingredients. I live in the midwest am looking to create a kitchy, summer-cottage-but-not-too-precious restaurant, where kids can run around and burn off steam and parents can gather, chat, and feel like they are treating themselves to a bit of summer even during the long drudgery of winter. I am wondering if any of the people you know who are also passionate about the health of kids could give me advice as to where to find angel investors? I am a woman of big dreams and little means and would appreciate any advice you can give me!

Thanks,
    Alli

19. Anne-Marthe says:

Hello Rachael,

I’m from Norway and I’m looking on youre show everyday (I’m sorry about the bad english). I just want to ask you something: Do you have a resipe for a man hwo don’t like fish, meat and pasta?

I’m trying to smugle in some fish, but then he spit the food out. Please help me!

Goodbye,
    Anne-Marthe

20. novaa says:

hi Rachael
    i jast need say hi and anser me plz (=^_^=)

take care

21. Cindy says:

sorry for the typo’s up there…sheese. I need to proof read..lol Cindy

22. Hi Rachael – thank you so much for taking the time out of your crazy busy life to speak at our Entrepreneurs Organization dinner – we appreciate you sharing your experiences and advice on running multiple enterprises and keeping your sanity. As you know, we are proud to say we raised another $10,000 in addition to the first $7,500 for your charity which I know really delivers education and food to those who really need it the most.
    You rock – and you always come through!

(love always, your husband’s best friend
    and a friend always to you!)

big hugs from Bradford

23. Debi says:

YAY!! CONGRATS TO RACHAEL AND HER TEAM FOR WINING THE DAYTIME EMMY AWARD FOR OUTSTANDING TALK SHOW !!!
    WAY TO GO!! MUCH DESERVED AND CONGRATS FOR BREAKING THE ELLEN WINING STREAK-
    YAY RACH – YOU ARE THE BEST !!

LOVE YA
    DEB

24. Mabel says:

Whoo Hoo Rach !!!! You are a ROCK STAR!
    Much deserved win for you and your fabulous team :)

Yay Team! Make your 3rd season the best ever-
    I will be watching !!

Love ya Rach xoxo

25. sara says:

hello, my name i Sara and i’m 14 years old. I live in Sweden and I just want to say that I really like your show. I watch your show every day. I really just want to say that I’m a real fan and I hope you will read this email.

(sorry for the bad english)

26. Diane says:

Hi Rach –
    Your smile at the Emmy’s brightened up a rather dull and boring emmy show- you were so happy and your fans are so happy for your win-
    My only sadness is that without a producer credit – you didn’t get your own Golden Angel (emmy)
    I think with all you do you should have a Producer Credit-
    Don’t you think? I hope next season you will add your name to the producing credits-

Congrats on the EMMY !!!
    You are truly amazing !
    Love, Diane xox

27. Mai says:

Rachael Ray!!! I watch your show every day and I always tries the recipe that you show us. It’s DELICIOUS! I’m like, addicted to the show.

I have an 8months old and I’ve been trying to figure out how to make my daughter into a baby model!! Could you do a show about that?? I’ve been searching about it but I’m afraid that I would be scammed.

28. Leanne Mouton says:

I was watching THS on E! about Rachel. I became so upset about thr Rachel Ray Sucks website. You made a comment that all people have their own opinion. This woman that was speaking has some major issues. She actually had a problem with you being to cheerful. WHAT???? She has some serious issues. I just want you to know Thank God!! for people like you!! If their were more upbeat, postive people like you, what a better world we would live in today. I cannot believe that people are so mean and have so much time on their hands that they would comment on this suck website. You keep being you because we absolutely Love You!!!!

29. Line, 12 years says:

Hey Rach !
    My mom and I look at your show everyday, and your fantastic ! My mom do make your food at home, delicios ! Your very pretty too ! We Love You Rachael !
    XoXo

30. Karen says:

Rach…WAY TO GO!!!!! on winning the Emmy award for Best Enterainment Talk Show. You and your staff are awesom!!! Watch all your shows, have all your cookbooks, and get your magazine. Keep up the good work!!!

31. Helen says:

OMG RACHEL RAY I LOVE U UR ARE THE ONE AND ONLY PERSON I WANT TO MEET MAN IF I HAD ENOUGH MONEY SEE YOU IN NEW YORK I WOULD BUT I LIVE IN KENTUCKY WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SEROUIS CHEF I LOVE MESSING WITH IT U ARE MY ONLY FAVORTIE CHEF I ONLY WATCH UR SHOWS AND BOOO TO ALL OF THEM OTHER CHEFS BECASUE THEY DO NOT NO HOW TO COOK LIKE U U R THE COOLEST AND ALL UR FOOD U MAKE LOOK SO DELIOUCS I WATCH BOTH OF UR SHOWS AND THEY ARE INCERIBLE I WISH I COLUD MEET U. YOU ARE INSPIRTION TO ME WELL I GOT TO GO ILL BE WATCHING U MONDAY

32. danny says:

I just wanted to say that rachel ray is the most beautiful woman on t.v., hands down!!

33. Paola says:

Hi Rach, my name is Paola and I live in Mexico in a little town named Atlixco near Puebla, I´m your fan, I first saw you about three years ago in a tv show named $40 a day and love it, after I started to see the Rachael Ray Show and oh god I really like it, its a great show, nothing compared to what they make here, and recently I started to see Rachael´s Ray Tasty Travels, it is grat because here we have a channel that has all your shows and on saturday and sunday we have them like all day, I mean, I can see 4 or 5 of your shows on one day.

I just hope I can find your books or products some where here.

When you want to come to Mexico and do one of your shows I would gladly show you my secret places to eat, and invite you to a new franchise me and my husband are making, it´s not a fancy or big restaurant, some of them are in the street or parks and some are a little bigger stablishments, we make seafood, and our better known products is fish tacos, that we make of fish and shrimp…

Well that´s all, thank you for your shows

34. TORI POESCHL says:

hey rach
    this is tori from mn im 12 years old and i love your show so much. you are a huge inspiration to me. i never liked to cook untill i started to watch your show. the only thing i ask you is to get chris brown on you your show he is sooooooo cute and talented.
    love tori xoxoxoxox

35. Belinda Cancian says:

Hey Rach!

I’m 11-years old from Windsor, Canada.
    You inspire me everyday with your awesome recipes. I want to be a chef when I grow up!. I love cooking pasta the most since I am Italian just like you!

36. Fifi Flowers says:

How fun to read the comments you have received to this blog posting… from so many kids… that’s GREAT! Maybe kids will start eating better with people like you inspiring them to cook rahter than run to a fast food place. My hat’s off to you… you’re awesome!

Fifi

37. HI RACHEL! i love your show,and we are born that revolutionyear 1968, you make life worth living ewery day LOVE FROM SWEDEN

38. meagan says:

OMG! hey, Rachael! today’s 4th of july show was so cool. You are so energetic. I am your BIGGEST fan. And your youngest.i read something that said u and John were getting a divorce. Wow.ure right.90% of it is untrue. ure in ure cabin right now. I want to meet you. and paula abdul.Hey, can you have paula on your show? Y DOES THE SEASON HAVE 2 START WHEN I GO BACK 2 SCHOOL? well bye hold on i just gotta do something. I WROTE ON RACHAEL RAY’S MESSAGE BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

39. meagan says:

i just wrote you like 5 paragraphs and i accidently erased it. i’ll make this simple and short. YOUR THE BEST CHEF AND U ARE A FANOMINAL PERSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FROM YOUR BIGGEST FAN meagan

40. meagan says:

yeah. keep being u Rach. your personality is what makes your shows so great.oh and the first message is here. so this is the 3rd message. On THS they shouldn’t have the Rachael Ray sucks website. The person who created that can go stick their head in icy water in the middle of a blizzard. i am 10. i am half italien so i no i’ll LOVE ure cooking.when i grow up i want to be just like you!

41. meagan says:

you are so pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! u r amazing. i’ll wATCH U TILL SCHOOL STarts. sorry about the capitilization. keep cooking,
    meagan

42. Clarissa says:

Dear Rachael,
    my name is Clarissa,im 30 years old, journalist and from Rio, Brazil.
    Few years ago i´ve got from a friend one of your books,i always liked to cook desserts but never real meals, i just didnt know… but once i´ve got married with a french guy…thats what my best friend think would be the perfect gift to me. She was right! I still prefer to cook sweet things (maybe because is what i love to eat) but i defnily learned a lot of great things from the cookbook. So one day wachting Operah´s show here in Brazil i finelly met you so i got another book!:o) But tonite i saw a little biography in E! channel about you. i Just would like to say that i was i fan already from the person who wrote the books, but i am defnily now a fan of you! How you started and all your story until get where you are today! you deserve all the best! A real fighter! realy an exemple! Also your fun personality that from what i´ve seen, brings happiness to everyone! hope one day we can have your show here in Brazil.
    Would like to say also that in the show from E! they show this woman that made a blog/community against you… how sorry i feel for those kind of people…but you must now already that talented people always gonna have this kind of problem…and if this talented person is also a young, beautiful happy and weel succeed… imagine how disturbing it can be for some people… any way, was just a little mensage from Brasil to tell you that you have a new fan here, and i hope one day we can have your books in portuguese and your show in one of our channel.
    Best regard from Brasil and all the best!
    Clarissa.

43. John says:

Hey Rachael I’m 17 and I watch your show everyday, your sooo gorgeous.

Oh and your recipes are nice too. ^_^

44. Don says:

My wife, Sofia, and I enjoy watching your shows.

We both enjoy cooking and consider ourselves professional eaters. (We’ve been eating since infancy.)

Sofia and I were talking about all your activities and what must be an enormous and exapnding fan base.

Your Blogs are obviously a great way to reach out to and hear from your fans, but you have to wait for them to come to you.

Have you ever considered sending video emails right into the inbox of your fans?

That would be a wonderful, unique, way to be even more personal with them and can be an excellent tool to drive traffic to your website and promote other products, services and causes that concern you.

If you have interest, just go to www. EmailVideoFusion. com, all the information you need is right there.

Continued good luck in your career and in life.

Don

45. meagan says:

last nite, i watched THS. that women is so MEAN. dont worry. infanity poeple still love\like you! have a nice day

46. alex says:

heya rachael ray!!!

im from new zealand and even tho we’re so far away over here we all love you!

the shows are awesome and we love ur bubbly way of life :)

just woundering does your husband get annoyed with you using so much energy cooking??

47. Traci says:

Hi Rachel,
    I am not even sure if you will read this. But I am contacting you, because my 15 year old son..LOVES you, he has been begging for your cookware, since Christmas and well I thought that I might have to break down and buy it for him..but that is not why I am contacting you. My son, who does not look over weight, has just gotten a test result back form the Dr that says his cholesterol is 270..I’d like to fall out of my chair. Now he is the type of kid that loves, fried sweet potatoe french fires, and he makes the best hot wings..fried, but on the other hand..he wont drink dairy, and nothing with “high fructose corn syurp” so why is his cholesterol so high..we eat pelnty of fruits and vegtables, I dont understand, well, I am asking,do you have a cookbook that I can purchase so that I can learn to cook him the things that he needs to be eating? Thank you

48. Rachel says:

Rachel, congratulations on your contribution to the Yum-o foundation. It’s great that you can share so much with people who need it most. I love your shows. You show that you can eat in and it does not have to take a million years to complete. Keep up the good work! Also, My mom loves your shows as well. She is always trying to remember something she sees you make on the tv and put it together. I just wanted to let you know what a great job you are doing. I know you do not usually respond to randomn comments or have the time to do so but, it would be nice to hear from you. Take care!

49. Alana says:

Rachael -
    I have watched your shows on the Food Channel over the last several years and honestly just did not like the concept. Then your show on a standard channel began and I was intrigued, yet not really entertained. As the show has progressed, I enjoy it more and now have a celebrity fondness for your talent/personality.
    The purpose of this comment is not of a negative nature but more of a thought I wish to express as many of my friends share exactly the same thoughts.
    I watched your biography and now have a respect for your hard work and passion. The one issue that is bothersome is your recipes on the show are extremely caloric. Many times you start out and I try to convince myself a great meal with average calories will be created. Yet the quantity and extraneous ingredients are very disappointing.
    On the opposite side, your benefit for Yum-O promoted you as being a sponsor to a nutritional diet.
    My Mother cooked three meals for eight children for 28 years. Her meals would now be considered dietary yet we were never hungry and never overweight. There was plenty of food with average calories, beautiful presentation, and very nice variation. Your meals are the latter two, however, at home viewers and young chefs should not believe them to be healthy. Healthy includes quantity and limitations to higher calorie items.
    Please consider my comments and I wish continued success in all your ventures.

50. Amanda says:

Congratulations! It is so wonderful to see people using their connections and success to fuel their passion. Thank you for all that you do!