My kids are obsessed with s’mores. We went camping this summer and while getting ready for the trip, we were talking about all of the great things we would be doing. “Will there be s’mores?” was the first question out of all three mouths, virtually in unison. On the fourth of July we had a bonfire – ditto.
Anticipating s’more withdrawal with the onset of fall, I decided to test out indoor s’mores; of course nothing can replace the real thing. However, after making indoor s’mores this afternoon, my 8 year old daughter declared hers “the best s’more ever.” And added bonus – no lost marshmallows in the fire!
For each s’more, take half of a graham cracker and place 3 chocolate bar squares (1/4 of a bar) on top. Place a marshmallow on top and place on paper towel. Microwave on high for 10 – 15 seconds or until marshmallow puffs – keep a close eye on it! Take out of the microwave and top with another half graham cracker and let sit for 30 – 60 seconds so the chocolate melts. Enjoy!!