Rach
by

Good news about my throat!

Hey kids,
Thank you for all of your sweet notes and posts.  I have been touched with all of your well-wishes for my throat surgery, which was scheduled for this week.  For the past few weeks, my doctor has had me on an intensive new vocal therapy. Very serious stuff!  Well, all my hard work is paying off as they now think that the surgery can wait and may not even need to happen at all!  So although you won’t see me out there caroling in my snow boots, Christmas will not be a silent night for me! Thanks for all of your support-it has really meant alot to me to read your kind thoughts-and I hope you all have a great holiday and new year.

417 Responses to “Good news about my throat!”

1. Joseph says:

Hey Rachael! Thank you for gracing our humble planet with your incredible beauty, enthusiasm and talent. You are dangerously hot!! Continue success in 09′. Joseph

2. Mande says:

Hey Rachael,
    My name is Mande and I am writing from Toronto!
    I just wanted to leave a mark saying that out of all the day time talk shows I truly enjoy yours, honestly speaking I only watch yours! I find that you are vey down to earth and always cheeful and your love for food is awesome! there is nothing fake about you so its great watching your show!! Ive used you dinner ideas and they were hits!!

Keep doing what your doing wishng you all the success!!!

3. Jennifer says:

Hi Rachael! So glad to hear that you didn’t have to go through surgery! What a blessing! Hope you have a wonderful, healthy & happy New Year! I love watching you every day, I always learn something new. Keep up the fabulous work!

Take care :)

4. Jørgen Marstein Mathiesen says:

Mm happy for you rach that u r fine, ur show really helps me but something terrible happened this monday ,i lost my dad so i was really sad, and it was his birthday. And i even forgot to send him a birthday card, i feel really terrible. Your show made me happy again, and your food looks so good :P i think i will go to cooking school next year. you have inspired me,

my father was an artist so im trying to sell his pictures and save up money to go to new york. He wanted to move there with me, so i think thats what he wants me to do.

I just felt like telling you.

Love, your biggest norwegian fan!
    Jørgen M 15

5. joe says:

Hi Ray,
    Hope your voice gets better with the vocal exercise.

Thanks so much for the great recipies!!!
    I remembered the “CHICKEN THIGH PIE” (Jan.22″09) because you repeated it and did that little dance.
    I will try it this weekend.
    Wish you the best.

6. joe says:

PS: Ray, if you come to Ct. or New England again for a book signing, let us know.
    TKS.

7. ryhanz says:

hai Rachel, I’m Ryhanz and one of your fan from Asia.Did you know Malaysia, hope you know and i’m from there. I like your style and not to serious on tv. just to say that you are great! i’m sorry if my english is bad…

8. Norma Rogers says:

Hope you are soon A-Ok. Hope your voice will be good, I like the way it sounds. I try to watch your show everyday and love your recipes, especially the burgers.

ps My computer screen/Windows 98 will not show your login screen. I am confused but do not want to get a new computer at the present time. I’d love to login and register for some of the nice gifts on your show. Is it just me?

9. hey rach ,, i need some help .. heh im 16 years old and im from iceland and me an my fam. and we live in small town his name is Bolungarvík ..and i wanna loose some weight but im to shy to go to the gym and i just wanna do those things at my home soo i was wondering if you could help me whit that problem .. plllllllzzzz…

10. Georgia says:

Hi Rachel get well soon ive got a request its coming up to school time i need some cheap easy kid friendly recipes for lunch boxes.

11. Diane says:

Hi Rachael! My kids (9 and 6-1/2) have been fans of yours 4-EVER! We love to watch you cook and listen to your family stories about growing up. You have a very interesting and active life (and your hubby is a hottie!). I was watching the show where you gave away some Silpada jewelry items and was amazed that you showcased that. I am a representative and I live in Ohio. It’s been a very slow (business) year and I was hoping to jump start the new year with my business. Do you wear the jewelry? I absolutely love it. I wear it all the time and it makes me feel great! Anyway, I just wanted to drop you an email to wish you all the best with your throat and I hope that you stay well and healthy this year. Congrats on (maybe) not needing the surgery!

12. Bad Vocal Cords on ACK says:

Hi Rachel,

I have the same vocal cord cyst condition that it sounds like you have.

I am presently on leave from my job because of it.
    I am a Kindergarten teacher (and mother of three kids under 8) and I do love to talk!

I was on complete vocal rest for 7 weeks (now partial rest) and I am in voice therapy too. I have been taking steroids and reflux meds. It is working. I just recently have my voice back. Although, I still can not project my voice. I will go back to work next week with a microphone. I still feel the tightness in my throat all the time. Do you?
    We have not determined yet if I need surgery. We are doing everything to avoid it. I hate those throat scopes! They are brutal!!!!!
    I am sure they tell you to save your voice for when the cameras are on. I have a little wipe board with a magnetic wipe marker. That works for me when I need it.
    I wish you the best with it all. I know I feel lucky that it is nothing more serious. However, it makes you realize, just how important the words you choose to use when you speak really matter.

I am also trying facial and neck massage. The voice therapist (at Boston Mass Eye and Ear Voice Center) says I carry my tension in my neck and jaw area.

That is what is working for me. Maybe something I have tried could help you.

Happy healing,

Liz Daume
    Nantucket, MA

13. Shy says:

I hope that you are doing well. God bless you. It is disappointing to know that there is a bash site about you (saw this on true hollywood stories). You obviously share a talent and joy that the bash-website creator does not have — she is like a parasite–she uses your fame by making negative comments and thus, creating her minimal fame. Your approach to this is realistic; we all have critics and cannot make everyone happy. This critic definitely wastes her life and the people who have posted comments are hate-filled, negative and apparently don’t mind wasting their time/lives either. This is a minute cost to your great successes. Criticism comes with great achievements; otherwise, we are playing it “too safe”. I know that this is old news to you, but I watch less television now & just recently viewed this. When I saw this, I just wanted to be of encouragement to you. God is your strength & has obviously blessed you. I hope and pray that you heal completely.

14. Roseanne says:

Dear Rach; That’s FANTANTISH. Glad to hear no surgery, although i know how difficult a time your going trough and dont say. Not talking is the hardest thing for me so you must Be cooking up a storm and eating!hahh.Just a word love your web site and all the effort and amazing thing you have on it and i dont mean any of the cooking thats already exceptional. Im TALKING about giving of yourself to other. i find you truly genuine and only pray and true wishes for this exciting new year for your and your family. I feel deepely your the NEXT OPRAH!!

15. Cricket says:

Hi Rachael, didn’t know that you might have had surgery(first time to visit your blog), I could tell something was wrong with your voice the last few times I watched your shows. I myself have had laryngitis and suffered with it for 8 wks in October thru November,I usually get it every year, so glad to hear that you won’t have to go through surgery. I watch your 30 minute meals constantly, I have 3 daughters that love to watch you too especially my 8 yr old twins, they think most of your recipes look good, lol, you know how picky kids can be. Anyway looking forward to more of your new shows, God bless!

16. Aimee says:

Dear Rachel,
    I am really glad to hear that you don’t have to have surgery. I’m writing to let you know about your number one fan. I’m sure you have alot of them however my nephew just might make you blush. His mother loves to cook and watch cooking shows. In fact that is one of their favorite things to do together. The only show he would watch was yours. One Christmas he asked for cook books and they had to be Rachel Ray’s. Then the following Christmas he asked his Aunt to buy him an offical chef’s hat. He blushes and hides every time we mention your name. He would kill me if he knew I wrote you. Well take care and our prayers are with you.

17. LETICIA PEREZ says:

GOD BLESS AMEN YOU ARE THE BEST DEAR I ALWAYS ENJOY YOUR SHOW

18. Tracie says:

Dear Rachael,
    I’m a huge fan and when I heard about your throat i got very concerned but now I know your OK that makes me feel a lot better! I’ve been praying for you that your throat will completely heal and people will stop saying that you have throat cancer! i just want you to know that everyone in the DEAF COMMINITY loves your show and it always excited when we ge to watch it!
    Hope all is well with you and john and cant forget about IZZY!
    TAKE CARE!

19. renee and susan says:

Hi we wanted to let you know for your throat. We do massage therapy and reflexology on the hands and feet. Vineagar and red rose tea and whole cloves would be good for your throat. Get back to us if you need more info and cures. Thank you we love your shows too.

20. BREYANA says:

hey Rachael ray,
    I just love you all your yumm-o foods i wish i was there too eat them:). I would have too be you biggest fan i watch you every night when i get home and write notes on everything. You are my role model:p
    I wish i could cook just like you.
    wISH YOU LUCK TOO COME WITH YOUR OTHER YUMM-O FOODS.

21. Holly says:

Rachel,
    So glad to hear that there was no need for surgery, that is always a scarey thought..I will continue to keep you in my prayers for your continued healing! My daughter and I were fortunate enough to be on your show last year(the bear grills episode) and we had such a marvelous time.. You are just so wonderful to your audience and so kind, we really enjoyed every moment. Hope to see you again in New York, one of our favorite places. God bless

22. Hi Rachael,
    Your voice is beginning to sound much better. Sometimes I thought that you needed throat losinges. Other times I thought may-be you should just not talk on some days. It is nice to know that it canbe corrected without surgery, because surgery always involves some risk.
    I always enjoy watching the show.
    Best wishes. Marcel Buquet

23. dianna says:

hi, i was watching rachael ray episode with jessica simpson (i think) and they made some simple chicken and dumplings and i cannot find the receipe, could you please send this to me,

24. sanjitha says:

Rach, the good news just brightend up my day. I love you so much . . . It was awful hearing you had to do the surgrey in the first place. But i was strong and I knew you will be too! Just a quick question I am only 13 and I was doing a project on you for school can you give me a bit more info on this and more about your self, please ???? With hope and love.BYE.

25. andrean harding says:

hi racheal!!!! i’ve try your recipe like enchilada chicken and it was amazing. i hope that you can serve many recipes from italy and france. for your information i’m never miss to watch your show and i hope that you and your show will be the top show as oprah winfrey show. all the best and good luck for your life

26. andrean harding says:

hi racheal,
    i hope that you will bless by god. i pray for your healty and i’m glad to know that there is no surgery for you. otherwise,i think you should not or less talk for some days or maybe for hours. ok take care of your health

27. jeff says:

HEY RACH GLAD YOUR DOING BETTER IM A BIG FAN OF YOURS AND I LOVE YOUR SHOWS I WATCH THEM EVERY DAY OMG THERE GREAT {{EVOO I LOVE IT }} SO IF YOU HAVE TIME PLEASE E-MAIL ME IF U CAN THANK YOU SO MUCH GOOD LUCK HUN IN EVERYTHING U DO. YOUR BIGGEST FAN FROM OHIO JEFF TALK SOON BYE FOR NOW

28. deborah moore says:

Just wanted to let you know that I often wondered why your voice was so raspy. I stated when I had my first child and I was so tried and add a very raspy voice you would think I had a bad case of larengatis. but it was just thyroid and I have what is called the ohio valley goiter. they checked for cancer and every thing was ok I have been on med for 25+ years and last year I had scare I have developed nodules several.but everything is fine they did biopt. now they have to be checked every so often and my thyroid is checked every 3 to 6 months. good luck and good health. Deborah

29. Kathy says:

Hi Rachel- It is wonderful to hear your good news about the surgery. My heart went out to you when I heard that you may have to have the surgery. Also wanted to let you know that your name is mentioned almost daily in our home. When I cook something new, my husband will come in and say “Let me guess,you saw it on Rachel Ray,huh”. LOL
    p.s. LOVE YOUR COOK BOOKS!!!

30. Alexis says:

Hi Rach
    Glad you are feeling better. I have a cold and sound like a frog. I know how scary that can be. I lost my voice three times and this cold ick. I have tumors on my body NF. so I worry about that on my throat I enjoy watching your show. I am still not working. I grew up in my dads restaurant. So I have love to cook. Dad sold the place became a bad area. I started making Malts and shakes and be a cashier when I was about 11 years old. So it must be cool still haveing fun. You did that too, right God Bless you

31. colette riley says:

I can’t believe you have a blog! That is amazing. Hope all is well. Love the show I mean LOVE IT! I don’t get to watch it that often because of my little boy. Yeah I am 22 happily married (got married at 19) and I have a one year old crazy. I love it though. Can’t wait for the next episode I get to see.

32. andrean harding says:

hi racheal
    how are you???i hope that you are bless by god….rach i’m one of your big fan….so how can i be your fan…..can you give the websites…please
    andrean

33. maryam says:

Dear Racheal
    hello. i am from iran , 24 years old. i watch your shows almost every day through satellite .but they are your previous shows. i realy love you, couse you are one of the loveliest lady of the world. i’ve been learning English for some years , and now i have found your program so useful.i’d be so glad if u sent me a reply.
    best wishes,
    maryam

34. Tink says:

I just love this show! I love the way you seem to keep yaself down to earth and I love the way you love your izzyboo…Keep up the great job you do..Imma faithful watcher

35. Suzanne says:

I lost my voice (totally) several years ago due to my prior job which was switchboard operator w/ 32 lines. I, too, had to take therapy, special throat spray, and they wanted to inject botox as a last resort. My voice was silent for a month before it did come back.

Stay well!

36. we love you very much and hope for the best for you
    we adore your show my family are the ones i test you food on and they love it please stay well keep up the good work
    Theresa

37. diana says:

i seen your show today about the people in tx and i cryed .i wanted to tell you i think you are the best every .i look at your show almost every day now that i am layed off work .it made me feel so much better about my life because i am layed off but i did not go throw anything like they have .you made there dreams come true .thank you for being the best

38. NAN'KC' JAN says:

Im watching ur bridesof texas show and tears of happiness for these wonderful ladies..you are such a angel to do this..the karma you will receive will be tons..and i wonder how many baby girls will be names rachel,,YOU ARE TRULY A WONDERFUL GENEROUS PERSON!!! LOVE YOU,STAY HEALTHY!!!

39. Kim says:

Dear Rachael,

Please hurry and get back to your TV show, I love watching you on all the foodnet work shows and your own show the Rachael Ray show, I miss you so much, I’m your biggest fan and would love to meet you in person some day, I did watch you when the tabs were saying that you and John were going to split, I knew for a fact that would never happen, I thannk god that you’re getting better please keep up the good work and get back to your show fast.

40. angela says:

Dear Rachael,
    I was glad to hear you may not have to have surgery
    and I’m sure that was good news to you. I watched the show ” the brides of Harris County ” just want you to know I thought that was wonderful of you to give all those brides and grooms that great wedding,what a lovely gift to them. God Bless you and I wish you the best of health.
    Love your shows, all of them.

41. Beverly says:

Hi, Rachel, I just think that your show is fablous.
    I am going to look into your cooking book and definately by it.

Great news on your throat.
    Beverly

42. lin says:

Saline Spray and Arizona Green tea with gingsing.
    Please keep drinking great for throat.
    Take care love the show. :) god bless and god speed

43. lin says:

ps push the apple cider vinegar great for everything.
    Cures all just add to food or even sip alittle by itself.

44. jamie says:

Hey Rach hope you feel Much better with your throat issue

45. Carol says:

Hi Rachel, So glad to hear the good news about the issue with your throat. Will keep praying and hope you will never need the old surgery. Thank you for always turning my day into smiles no matter what is going on. Love your show!

46. Jillian says:

Hi Rach!

I was very happy to hear you did not have to have the surgery. But since coming back after the holidays – I am hearing your voice not sounding so good. You seem tired. I hope you made the right choice in not having the surgery. Please pay attention to your health. You are in control of your health, Just be sure to pay attention. You are truly an inspiration but at the end of the day – your health is most important.
    xo

47. Lisa Merriott says:

Hey hey, just wondering why you are sporting a new/different wedding ring??? Glad to hear about your throat, enjoy the day.

48. Paula says:

Rachael, I hope this will reach you, as I don’t know if you have a “contact us” spot. I would like to see you do recipes for diabetics. You have great recipes, but most of your food is high carb (and delicious). Being a diabetic, I have to watch my carbs closely. If you would consider making dishes that use Splenda (oops, forgot, you don’t bake); however, low, low carb dishes would be great.

Thanks.

49. Karen Sutton says:

Dear Rach
    Well I hope you get to read this.I am from Canada…
    Glad to hear the great news about your throat.I had the exact same problem 1 year ago and when I went to the specialist I was diagnosed with a very very large tumor on my vocal chord then was told it was cancer they removed it and I had several Radiation treatments it sure wasnt pretty.Finally starting to get better now.Have been worring about you alot.Very Happy to hear you ok.I love you and your show.

50. David says:

I can’t cook and do not really enjoy cooking shows….except for yours! I still do not plan on cooking, but you are just fun to listen to! Even if you did a show on “flower arrangement” or “home design” or “housekeeping” or any of the other many topics that I have no interest in, I would probably still tune in because you are so entertaining.
    I am really very glad to hear your voice is improving because I can’t imagine not getting my occasional fix of “YUM-O”

Best wishes,