stella
Rach
by

My new bling

Hey kids, hope everybody had a happy Valentine’s Day-I know I did and I’ll tell you why. I got a new ring and it is a beaut!

So here’s the story- I usually take off my wedding rings when I am cooking with messy ingredients like ground meat. I get my hands all sticky and gunky from forming meatballs or burgers, which if you follow my cooking shows, is much of the time! You can say my rings have definitely taken a beating! Now, if I actually remember to take them off before I dive in to a bowl of food, I tend to leave them places, like on my set. My husband, meanwhile, is terrified I am going to lose them so he bought me something I have had my eye on for some time-a simple band of black diamonds. It doesn’t have anything sticking out of it so I won’t get it caught or break it while I am using my hands, as I do for a living. It’s nice and smooth and flat, and the pretty diamonds go all the way around. He chose black because not only are they unique, they are more affordable than white diamonds. He also surprised me on the set of my daytime show with flowers-did you catch that? I’m a lucky son of a gun. So you are probably wondering what I did for him…

First of all, I confess, I had a feeling I might get the ring. But just in case, I knew I still wanted to look at black diamonds because I like them so much, so I bought him a black diamond man bracelet. It was made by the same designer who did the ring, so now we match.

We happened to be traveling on the actual Valentine’s Day for my next round of travel shows for Food Network. We went to one of my favorite cities-New Orleans-and tried an amazingly good restaurant called Stella.This restaurant, located in the French Quarter, was awesome and I feel lucky I was able to try it. John had the chef’s Kim Chee tasting appetizer that had a variety of different pickled vegetables -some recently made and some aged. It came with a Kobe beef tenderloin. My meal was divine as well, but I am not going to spill the beans on any more of the juicy details-you’ll have to wait for the show to air on Food Network! But if you are ever in N’awlins, try Stella for sure!

Did anyone catch any of the South Beach action?

XO Rach

77 Responses to “My new bling”

1. christina viggers says:

hey rachael this comment has nothing to do with your blog lol i just thought that this would be maybe a place that you’d be able to get to my comment easier. My name is christina and i am 23 years old and am from Catskill ny up state as i am sure you know. I was looking up julie andrews on youtube and watched your two shows that she was on. I was just wondering is there a way to find out when and if she would be on your show again. i am a Huge fan of hers and would love the oppertunity to see her in person. so if you could possibly let me know i would be more then grateful. your show and everything is so entertaining!!!! keep it going
    Christina Viggers
    Catskill NY

2. Maria says:

Hi Rach –
    Great to hear from you! Glad to hear you are doing well. Your new black diamond bling is beautiful! Wear it with all the love that is attached to it. I did not catch the SOBE — as I live in Los Angeles, but one day I would love to go!

Stay well. Stay focused. And be happy and continue to manifest your brilliance!
    xox Maria

3. April says:

That is great…I recently found my true love…we just found out that we are expecting..I have a 12 yr old daughter and money is tight do you have any suggestions on how I turn my old jeans into maternity ones? Thanks for having such a great show I watch everyday if I cant watch I TVo it….

4. BriaN Wilson says:

I love everything Rachael Ray

5. Leora says:

Hi Rachael,
    Just have to say, I’ve watched you for so long and L-O-V-E you! My husband & kids (girls, ages 3 and 5) are extremely leery about new recipes. Last night, I made your pork chop recipes with the onions and apples. OMG! It was soooo (as you say) DELISH. We had my mother over for dinner and she commented it was almost as good as her recipe for oven baked pork chops. I tell you: her recipe has been my fav since childhood but I have a new chop recipe to pass down in my recipe boxes to my girls.

Thanks for making such YUM-O food and for being such a down to earth, sweet person.

Wishing you continued success with your career and family,

A friend in cooking

6. Dolly says:

Hi Rach, Love your showS! I have been noticing the new bling and was wondering about it….and low and behold I check here today and you talk about it. Who knew! My hubby and I are retired and we watch you everyday.

7. Sofia says:

I am so happy for you Rach! That’s so cool how you guys compliment each other. I spent my earlier part of V day @ LAX. My husband was catching an international flight to go for his father’s funeral. He passed on FRIDAY the 13th. Anyways, was upsetting that my husband had to suffer a loss like that and well to tell you the truth being apart from him too, especially on V day. He’s back now but still, I believe, he’s not all here. His father’s death has really had a toll on him. Do you have any suggestions, maybe?

8. vane says:

Hi Rach, love your show,i’m from mexico,juarez city to be exact and i watch you every day,love the recipes and you are sutch a dinamic and enjoyable person to watch. wish you the best. God bless you

9. Sherri says:

Hi Rachael ~

I love your 30-min. meal shows.. have been watching them forever! There is one dish that you make every year for John’s bday dinner..”the bacon and egg pasta”.. I have been looking for the recipe everywhere and can’t seem to find it. I have found some other versions of it.. (coal miner’s pasta and saffron bacon and egg pasta), but not the simple dish that you make! It’s not on the foodnetwork website either. Is there a way I can get this, as it looks sooo yummy!
    Thanks much,
    Sherri (from CT)

10. Melissa says:

Hi there
    My Name is Melissa and I watch your show everyday. I was wondering some of your ingredants are hard to find, I live in Toronto Canada and I can not find many things. Is there someway to change it to something simalar? Also I was wondering where in Canada do you sell your products? other than on line?
    Thanks
    Keep up the great work and happy cooking!!!

11. Lisa says:

I am soooo glad to hear that you both are fine and still together. I got scared for you when I saw the new ring. I thought the worst when in actuality is a GREAT man at work. They are sneaky at times. I love your show, and my 5 year old said he is going to marry you and got mad when I said you already were. He is probably your biggest fan in his age group. We can not go to the store with out seeing you and him yelling Rachael. He loves to cook and we tivo your show so not to miss a thing. Congrats on your show and your wonderful man. I have the perfect man as well, we are so lucky.

Failthful viewer.
    Lisa

12. Melissa G. says:

I will take the opportunity to respond to a couple of comments as well as make my own.

To Melissa: I have the same problem with the ingredients as I live in a weirdly rural city (Indianapolis), and I either can’t find them or they are horrifically expensive. My motto is find something similar or leave it out. Example? I can’t find celeriac root anywhere. So I might use celery for flavor and then remove the stalks, or just skip it entirely.

To Sherri: RR showed us how to make this pasta carbonara dish on her daytime TV show. I’ll bet you can find it if you search for pasta carbonara at rachaelrayshow.com.

To RR et al: I thought John surprising you on your show was hysterical, it was so cute and funny and then when you screamed I thought I would die laughing. An ex-boyfriend of mine did something like this when I taught high school. He showed up at my classroom with flowers and my kids were taking a test and I jumped out of my skin. Thanks for reminding us that romance doesn’t die over time in a marriage, and that there are a million ways to show our loved ones how we feel. I was inspired to do something fun for my husband the next day and I made twice-dipped strawberries (dark chocolate and mascarpone cheese). He says to thank you too. ;)

13. Michelle says:

Rachael,it’s great to hear from you. your new ring is gorgeous.

14. Traci says:

Hi Rachael!
    This is a great story… I just got engaged in Sept. and my fiance is equally worried when I take off my ring to cook… that band idea sounds like a good one, so maybe I’ll drop hints after the wedding! ;-)

The other reason I’m posting is that I saw your travel page on coming back to Austin for SXSW (I live in Austin), and let me just say I was at your SX party last year and it was awesome! Is there any info on RSVP’s, or is it badge-holders only this year? We’ve actually got badges ourselves, but were wondering if there’s any way non-badge holders can get in. Thanks! and thanks for supporting Austin!

15. Marcy B. Silver Spring, Maryland says:

Hi,

I just loved to collect receipes that I couldn’t find in my box or a cookbook. I just loved collecting from my relatives. They have delicious that kept me going to eat it.

Take care of the rings !

16. corrie says:

Hey Girl… I saw the new ring, I love it. Your husband was really thinken. That is a good idea. The black diamonds really make it stand out. Love your show, DVR it daily just in case I am out and about. Your receipes are aways a hit. Looking for one tonight and saw the story about the ring. Corrie in TX.

17. Donna says:

Whooa! glad you cleared that up. I noticed your new bling immediately and feared the rags would say you were getting a divorce for the 100th time.I did not think so since you keep mentioning stuff you and John just did. I do miss seeing your wedding set on camera as it is very similar to mine.By the way,whatever happened to Lara Spenser and The Dish ?Miss that!

18. Denise says:

Hi,
    I have been married for 8 years. I own a flower shop and I’m always working in bleach water, lifting heavy buckets and I’m just really hard on my hands! I have not worn my wedding ring for the past 5 years..so I get the dilima! We don’t have the budget for a 2nd ring. It dosen’t bother my wonderful hubby to not wear my ring. Sometimes I get hit on and that makes me giggle! On our last wedding anniversiary I wore my ring (I do wear it on special occasions)when he noticed it on my finger he commented “Welcome to the Marriage!
    Good for you to get a 2nd ring! Thanks!

19. alana says:

Hey Rachael, I have been watching your show for a long time. My family is sick of the whole cooking network. ha ha I think you are the sweetest person and so down to earth. Would love to meet you one day. I live in Texas so is pretty far to travel. Who can afford to fly these days right. Anyways keep giving us new ideas. We love ya

20. Robyn says:

Hi, Rachel, This is the first time I am writing to you. My 5 yr old daughter is absolutely in love with you and your cooking show 30minute meals. She is glued to your show since she was 3. She keeps asking if there is a way to meet you. She even heard that your talk show is filmed in NY and she said we live there can’t we meet her? Hope to here from you soon.

21. Carissa says:

Hey Rach, congrats on the new ring what a cool hubby!!
    I do have a tip on how not to loose this one if you do have to take it off simply slide it onto your necklace then its always with you.
    love your show and thanks for helping me get creative in the kitchen

22. Sherry says:

I was so scared that the mags were right saying you and John were divorcing. I think you make such a cute, wonderful couple. Hang in there, marriage takes WORK!!

Love the new ring, the other wedding rings were gorgeous. Good guy, keep him.

23. Geri says:

I really love your show and have watched you grow. I used to watch you on food net. all the time. I would like to know where you got the stove on your show. Like the old fashion look. If anyone knows please let me know.

24. Elisa says:

Hi Rach-
    Your new bling is beautiful. And black diamonds was such a bold choice.
    I have a question… will you ever come out to the west coast to sign BOB??? I really missed getting my copy signed this year. It will be great if you would consider coming out to Los Angeles.

Hope you are feeling well.
    xoxo
    Elisa

25. Elizabeth Bailey says:

HI Rachael,
    I am from Ontario, Canada. We live on a dairy farm and I love to cook, but I always don’t have alot of people to eat what I cook. But my question for you, is you use so many different spices and herbs, how do you know what to use them all for and what to use them in. I never know and I love the taste of them and smell of them cooking. But I never know what to use them in or how to? Can you help me?
    Elizabeth Bailey

26. Peggy says:

Watch you a lot. Love to have your cookware. Tried to win some of your cookware by answering some promotional ads. You subscribe to two of the promotions and you win the cookware. The catch is, if I could afford the merchandise they are promoting, I could buy all the cookware in your kitchen. Just needed to blow off some steam. I’ll buy the cookware one piece at a time. You’re great!

27. Vicki says:

I really think your an awesome person. I watch you even when I am in the hospital. Everyone jokes I would be late to my own furneral for I would be watching your shows. Even my own doctor jokes about when I have my surgery is he suppose to set up for after your shows. I have tried many of your receipes and they are great. And my mother bought me one of your frying pans and it is excellant. I try your receipes on my family and they love them. You’re the best.

28. Lin says:

Hey, Rach!

Can you tell me where I can get the same whisks that you use on your show? Thanks…

29. Susan says:

Hi Rachel. Congrats on the new ring! Nothing makes a girl feel better than some sparkle on her ring finger.
    I’d like to suggest a show theme to you. With the economy taking a dive and so many people who are suddenly without jobs…some who have never been in that position before…there are many folks signing up for food stamps and visiting local food pantries for the first time in their lives. The Government, in it’s infinite wisdom, feels that a family of 4 should be able to be fed on a budget of $138.70 per week (look up the USDA Thrifty Food Plan). That’s about twice what I spend on my family of 4 on a weekly basis, btw, and we DON’T qualify for food stamps. My challenge to you and your crew would be to come up with a month of menus to feed a family of 4 for $100 per week. Three meals per day. Fruit, vegetables, protein, milk, grain.
    You’ve got a lot of devoted fans and this type of show could literally be a lifesaver for someone who is adjusting to living a less.
    God Bless…

30. Hi Rach,

I am going to be on your cooking show Friday for slow cooking, I am so excited, I am a fan from when you started 30 minute meals. I am Italian and can throw a meal together in a short time too, must be innate to Italians. This last year my crock pot is my favorite kitchen gadget to help when I am busy at work. If you ever do any wedding segments I own my own bridal store here in Oklahoma and I kind of have a store sort of one like Kleinfelds where girls go for the experience. I was inspired after I bought my wedding gown there. I can help with any future fashion segment. I can’t wait to see the show this Friday, thanks for having me!!!

31. Rachael says:

hey everyone and especially Rach! God bless you and John youre such a great couple i knew you could never break up! and i absolutely love the new ring and yes i did catch some of the south beach action it looked great as usual i wish i could go!

32. tonya says:

first to Susan-I agree with the idea of meals for people on tight budgets-My hubby and I both lost jobs in the last 2 years. He got another job but is making 1/2 of his salary and I am still looking. It is tough to feed a family when your income takes a nose dive like that. I am in the medical field and this is the first time I have been unemployed in 20+ years. It is scary and every little bit that you can save money on, helps. I love the show and wondered also, can you do dome cooking for kids? Mine are picky and it is hard to find recipes they wil try. Thanks so much-keep it up Rach. Tonya in PA

33. Kay Mathias says:

Girl do I love bling! My hubby knows he can never go wrong with more bling for me on any occasion. I am a big fan of your show. I walk from 7-8 AM and then workout at the gym form 8 – 9 AM. Your show comes on at 9 AM so after I leave the gym I make it home just in time to get a good hot cup of coffee and watch your show. You are such an inspiration to a lot of women. Your food is fantastic and you give me lots of ways to make my dishes more nutritious and great-tasting. I have been on Weight Watchers since Dec. 2006 and have lost over 115 pounds. I have had to redo all my recipes because I wanted to lose the weight, but also found out I was diabetic in the process. You use lots of whole wheat pasta and fresh veggies when you cook. Thanks for helping me and millions of others have FUN in the kitchen. Your show is awesome.

34. Robyn says:

Hi Rach, just wanted to say noticed the bling. I to worry about my wedding set also when cooking. I have a great hubby also. I have a question for you. You said on your show to always salt your wooden cutting boards, can you explain on how to go about doing that. Thanks, good to chat with you.

35. sharon koeune says:

i have rachael pans and ceramic cookware my small dish with the cover started on fire in the microwave the house still smells like burning rubber just didnt want this to happen to anyone else. thank you

36. Carolyn Fox says:

Hi Rachael,

I’m glad you posted about the ring. I’ve been seeing it on your shows, but couldn’t see it well enough to see what it was. From what I could see, it is gorgeous! My sweet hubby gave me an eternity band for our 25th anniversary, and many times I just wear it to save my wedding rings since it is flat.

Love your shows and recipes!

Carolyn Fox

37. Naunie says:

Hey Rachael,
    I know I’m alittle late on the congrats, wow it is beautiful. I love your show. I’m a working mom but latley my 2 year old has been having health needs and had his 4th surgery so I’ve been watching you during the day instead of at night after I record you. I am so happy that you and John are showing the press you are better than they are and how happy you guys are.. It is hard to find celeb couples who are truley in love like you.. I got a very nice dinner out with my sweetie, little man went to a babysitter for an hour.. Well good luck and congrats again.

38. Michelle says:

Hey Rach, just wanted to say I have been admiring your new ring since the first day I saw it. I even have my hubby looking for me one too. I asked on your daytime show where you got it but I didnt get an answer, boy was I glad to see this blog.

39. Billy says:

Rachel,
    I wanted tot ell you that I in the American South and was recently in the Middle East during the Gaza War. I had the opportunity to eat in a Palestinian home on the West Bank. The lady of the house did all the cooking and spoke pretty good English even though Arabic was her native tongue. When asked how she learned to speak English she replied, “I watch Rachel Ray and learn English from her by looking at the subtitles.” “I love Rachel Ray” She prepared a wonderful meal for ten and claimed she learned to cook from you. I thought you might like to know your role in bringing the world together over a meal. And who knows, perhaps you are helping the peace process in the Holy Land without even knowing it. Keep up the good work.

40. Julie Barnard says:

Hi Rach,Ihave been trying to get my hubby to purchase your set of pans for awhile now.I happened to be checking my email,and there was something on about winning the set.I thought yeah! But the web sight they gave me was a fluke,joke was on me this time,I Had to laugh about it,since I fell for it.By the way Rach,your ring is beautiful!

41. Rachel says:

Hi.
    I am 13 and I was wondering if some time you could come to New Hampshire. I really want to met you and talk to you. If you could make a blog for people and so that people other than you cant read them so i could give you my email and we could talk. please. okay well ill talk to you later. please take it into consideration.
    ~you biggest not lieing fan
    Rachel
    P.S. this is my life dream to met you. maybe even cook with you. you have made me want to cook. i am only 13 and already i have decided what collage i am going to so i can cook. please.

42. Pamela Anderosn says:

Rach,can you tell me if all the hoopla about “your” diet is true? Using the acai berry and colon cleanse products together – 1 of each morning and night? Thank you for your time.

43. Mum says:

Hi Rachael:
    I have some Kielbasa recipes to send to you. They are delish! Where do I send them? By the way I am of Polish decent, so I know a good one when I find it. There really aren’t too many out there. That seems to go for Polish restaurants too! But what could you serve? Pierogies, Gawumpki, and Kaluski? (Plus my two new finds: Kielbasa Noodle Bake and Kielbasa & Cabbage Soup!) Adios! (I can’t speak much Polish but had to listen to it as a kid)
    Mum

44. caycie says:

hey rach. Love the show.

45. Kara says:

Hey!
    So I have to do a paper on you at school! I did not know much about you, but know you could consider em an expert! Lol I think you are a great role model and I totally look up to you!

46. Tricia says:

Hi Rachel,
    I watch you as much as I can. As a diabetic I could use some good recipes for me. I usually can do most of them you do. My husband liked you better without the different makeup, but I don’t mind as long as you stay your same sweet self. I am glad to hear about your ring. I was worried something had happened to the marriage. Love you, Tricia

47. Ken Capone says:

Dear Rachael Ray,

Perhaps you remember meeting me during your recent visit to New Orleans. I am the owner of coup d’oeil art consortium, the gallery which is showing Sarah Ferguson’s fantastical paintings of Hillary Clinton which you so delightfully enjoyed.
    I didn’t know who you were until I arrived home and related the story to my daughters who were aghast of my acquaintance.
    Thanks for the validation.

Ken Capone

48. jay scott says:

hey rachael,

how r u? anyways i am 15 yrs old and i love to cook all different types of food and i just cant help but notice that your meals that u cook look soooo good….but i was wondering if u could give me any tips on what kind of seasoning go best on boneless skinless chicken breast; and what goes well with it even if u dont have much to work with?

49. Linda says:

Rachael

I watch your show everyday and subsceibe to your magazine I have a question. I would like to get a dishtowel(mapeen) with the holders on the ends Where can I puchase one? Your show is so entertaining and have enjoyed many of your recipies Thank for coming into our homes

50. gretta says:

I love your 30 minute meals show. I have a subscription to your magazine, and my husband (a chef)was reading the an article in the feb. mag. and said you mention your friend Gretta, how awsome, that you have a friend with the same name as me, you don’t here to many Gretta’s. Just want you to know we watch your shows n love you. They are so entertaining. Keep them coming! The ring is awsome!