Rach
by

My new bling

Hey kids, hope everybody had a happy Valentine’s Day-I know I did and I’ll tell you why. I got a new ring and it is a beaut!

So here’s the story- I usually take off my wedding rings when I am cooking with messy ingredients like ground meat. I get my hands all sticky and gunky from forming meatballs or burgers, which if you follow my cooking shows, is much of the time! You can say my rings have definitely taken a beating! Now, if I actually remember to take them off before I dive in to a bowl of food, I tend to leave them places, like on my set. My husband, meanwhile, is terrified I am going to lose them so he bought me something I have had my eye on for some time-a simple band of black diamonds. It doesn’t have anything sticking out of it so I won’t get it caught or break it while I am using my hands, as I do for a living. It’s nice and smooth and flat, and the pretty diamonds go all the way around. He chose black because not only are they unique, they are more affordable than white diamonds. He also surprised me on the set of my daytime show with flowers-did you catch that? I’m a lucky son of a gun. So you are probably wondering what I did for him…

First of all, I confess, I had a feeling I might get the ring. But just in case, I knew I still wanted to look at black diamonds because I like them so much, so I bought him a black diamond man bracelet. It was made by the same designer who did the ring, so now we match.

We happened to be traveling on the actual Valentine’s Day for my next round of travel shows for Food Network. We went to one of my favorite cities-New Orleans-and tried an amazingly good restaurant called Stella.This restaurant, located in the French Quarter, was awesome and I feel lucky I was able to try it. John had the chef’s Kim Chee tasting appetizer that had a variety of different pickled vegetables -some recently made and some aged. It came with a Kobe beef tenderloin. My meal was divine as well, but I am not going to spill the beans on any more of the juicy details-you’ll have to wait for the show to air on Food Network! But if you are ever in N’awlins, try Stella for sure!

Did anyone catch any of the South Beach action?

XO Rach

77 Responses to “My new bling”

1. Mary Leonard says:

Hi Rachel,

My name is Mary, just wanted you to know that your receipe for Shepherd’s Pie Stuffed Potato was awesome. I have gotten out of the habit of cooking, my work and school takes me away from it,but I did make this and it is fantastic, my stepson and his family also enjoyed this. I did pass this on to some family and friends. Thanks for your show, my husband and I watch you every day and I love it.

2. Hi Rachael, Thanks for coming to the big easy and commenting on Stella. It is one of my favorite restaurants as well! Love their food and romantic ambience. Hope to see you down here soon again…
    Try the oysters at Mad and Naddie’s next time

Nomita

3. Anne-Louise denmark says:

hi racheal

I love you show, i see it everyday.

but can get your cookbooks in denmark on danish ???

xo

Anne-Louise

4. Pat says:

Rach – I’m a lover of good jewelery as well. I have been noticing your ‘new’ ring and wondered what had happened to your wedding rings. Lucky you and a very thoughtful hubby.

5. Zoraida Quiles says:

Hi Rachael,

Congrats on your 500 episode. I’m a big fan of your show and, of course you. You’re a down-to-earth gal.

I love the new ring. It’s amazing how so many rumors get started and how fast they circulate when one is no longer wearing their wedding rings. I have been married for 26 years. The last time I wore my wedding ring was about 18 years ago. You see, my diamond fell off, and we still have not been able to repair it, let alone, get a new one. My daughter now has possession of them, and my husband and I are both okay with it. You see, it’s just not a necessity. It’s what is in my heart that counts. I love my husband then, and I love him even more now. That is my token-ring to him. If I should ever be fortunate enough to wear another wedding ring again, yes I will treasure it, but, for now, I am content in knowing that our love is united by our commitment to one another. The ring does not keep us together; “we keep us together.”

Thanks for all you do and keep up to good work. Your recipes are wonderful – YUMO!! Again – Congrats!

6. Saidee says:

Hi Rachael,
    I Love the new ring. I recently Got a the the BIG ring from my boyfriend. We are getting married April 25, and we are also expecting our first child in May so money is tight. So I can’t watch your shows anymore.=( Because of moving to a new state and the new baby the wedding is not going to be to traditional. We thought no more then 5 people would come but now the list it over 20. We don’t have the money to have some one cook the food like most weddings, I am even having to make my own dress!!! So I was hoping you could give us tips on what we should do for food. I will probably be doing all the cooking myself, so I could use all the advice you have to offer. Thank you and congrats on the lovely ring.

7. Aleshia says:

Hey Rach!!
    I love the new ring!! Its so beautiful and unique!! You and John seem so happy together and perfect for eachother!!
    Congrats on the 500th show! I watch you everyday along with make your meals ALL the time!!

I can’t wait until my husband surprises me someday with another piece of jewelry!! I love surprises just like you! This calls for a toast!

8. Robyn says:

Hi Rachael,

First congrats on your 500th show! I was just wondering why you didn’t have John on your show? Ususlly he is part of special shows like that. You two are so cute I kind of missed him.

9. Erin says:

Hey Rach!
    You probably don’t remember me, but we met when I was working at the original Neiman Marcus in Downtown Dallas over 3 years ago. I am now working for a recognition company in Fort Worth, TX and pursuing my Master’s degree. I have been following your career and am so happy for you! Your new ring is gorgeous- such a thoughtful Valentines’ Day gift! It reminded me of when we shopped together for Valentines’ gifts for your friends and family those two fun days in Dallas. Just wanted to say hi!
    P.S. My sister and I LOVE John’s music too- y’all are such a talented and cute couple!

10. Norma says:

Hey Rach!!

I want to thank you for creating all of the delicious recipes. I have tried some of them and they turned out great. My boyfriend gets very excited when I try something new out of one of your cookbooks. Needless to say, I truly enjoy your show and keep on creating those recipes. Congrats on your 500th show and I wish you 500 more.

11. shosho says:

Hey Rach,
    I love your cooking , dressing , and the way you talking.By the way,I’m from middle east & we watches you here everyday. have a nice day.

12. A_Raisin says:

Hey Rach,

I noticed you weren’t wearing your beautiful “rock” of a wedding ring…I thought that you may have lost it. I gotta say…the new black ring is simple and elegant. My sister is a hairstylist, and she is constantly mixing dye or washing hair, and she has also had to remove her ring to avoid pulling someone’s hair out. Ouch! She now wears it on a chain. Love the show, love the ring! Much love!

13. ilovebradpaisley says:

hi rachael.your ring is gorgeous just like you!i watch your shows all the time.my favorite one is the talk show. ilove brad paisley!

14. ilovebradpaisleyadrachaelray says:

hi rachael.love you and your ring.

15. ilovebradpaisleyadrachaelray says:

hi rachael.i love you.you’re so beautiful and you have the best talk show ever!i’m praying that you win all the emmys you’re up for!

16. MissDSB says:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Black Diamonds. I’m so glad they are becoming popular. Be careful with those eternity bands… they can’t be sized!!! You’re my fav!

Miss DSB
    xoxo

17. Bela says:

Dear Rachael,
    First I would like to say how much I love you!
    Not in an obsessive way, but i think your a Genious in the kitchen, Thank-you for your easy delicious recipes and laughs everyday!
    Knowing how much I love you, my friend bought me your 6 quart orange high sided big beautiful fry pan, WHICH I LOVE BY THE WAY!
    However the paint or enemel from the bottom of the pan is comming off on my stove elements! everytime I use it now.I got the pan in Feb. and she dosen’t have the receipt anymore.
    Is it a life time warrenty? how should i go about it!
    I live in Canada and we were thrilled when they finnaly came here. Please help Love you always Bela Ajax Ontario Canada.Ps Sorry if this is the wrong department!

18. Sarah Collie says:

Rach-
    Love the new ring! It’s great that you guys r willing to think outside of the box and do something unique for each other, congrats! My husband and I did something similar, we have the same birthday month, so both our rings r sapphire and diamond bands…. I’ve never been sorry…! Thx for doing what u do, I found ur show in ’06 and it has changed not only our lives but also our patients lives…. Health, easy, fab food has such an impact…. and I have u to thank…! God bless ya! Keep being ur own person and doing what u do so well!! SjC

19. Karen says:

I was wondering what happened to “Christine’s Story” of losing 70lbs before the prom. Thanks

20. melinda fisher says:

RACHAEL–
    I HAVE NOTICED THAT YOU HAVE LOST SOME WEIGHT. I AM ALWAYS TRYING TO DO THE SAME. I HAVE HEALTH PROBLEMS THAT LIMIT WHAT I CAN TRY BUT WOULD BENEFIT FROM ANY WEIGHT LOSS. WOULD YOU SHARE YOUR WEIGHT LOSS PROGRAM WITH ME. WHO KNOWS IF IT IS EASY ON THE HEART AND KNEES I WOULD LIKE TO TRY IT. IT SEEMS I HAVE TRIED A LOT. THANKS FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE ME.

21. Lynda Kueneman says:

Rachael-
    I have noticed during several of your shows that you wear a feather necklace that I absolutely fell in love with. Could you please tell me where I can purchase one for myself? Thank you and you are looking absolutely gorgeous and I just love your shows. Thank you

22. Pat Donnelly says:

I do really enjoy your shows. They are inspirational and interesting. However, I am changing my diet to the macrobiotic diet, which is heavy, grains, vegetables, beans and sea vegetables. I would like to see you bring on the only well-known person who is actually on the diet, Dirk Benedict. I would like to see him on your show and cooking.

23. Janet says:

Hello Rachael…
    I hope you get to see this, but I just had to post this…I love to watch your show and DVR it if there are recipes I would like to make at home. Funny thing is, when I try new things, my husband calls me his Rachel Ray. lol. Anywho. Since he got out of the miliary, with three kids on a thight budget, it is hard to get your cookware sets that I always ask for xmas. There is this discounted store that sells brand names for less and I love going there. Every payday, I go and try to find your items there. I am allowed to purchase one every other payday. I just had to post this to tell you I LOVE YOUR products. Now, I have only bought your baking pans and I love how if something burns in it, I get a sponge and it slides right off…OMG! I want to throw my old ones out, but sometimes I need more than one when I bake alot. I want your pots and pans, but have not seen at this store yet. I received Caphlon pans one year for xmas and they are not what they promise to be. So to the point of the story, YOUR PRODUCTS ARE AWESOME!! thanks Janet

24. Kimberly T says:

Hi Rachael,
    I am a very big fan, as are most ! I watch you and record as often as possible. You are warm, funny and very good at what you do. I watch you with the salt you throw and it makes me smile. It is a superstition handed down (like knocking on wood)to me by my Mom. This goes back to biblical times when salt was a treasured commodity-necessary to preserve food. Often used in place of money, too. When spilling this treasure, it was considered a sac-religious offense-so if you spilled it, throwing some over one’s shoulder “kept the devil at bay” In order to follow-through on this “offense” (superstition), you mus throw the salt over your left shoulder(sinister side)with your right hand(good side). So to keep bad luck away, toss over your shoulder only when the shaker/salt has been spilled.
    Thanks,
    Kim T.

25. Nan Brinsko says:

years ago you had this really great egg popover recipe with either pancetta or proscuitto ham and it was awesome! I LOST the recipe and can’t serve it at my B&B! We all loved it and would love to have it again. I have tried to find it in your books but no luck. I must have wrote it down from one of your shows. Please help!
    Thanks
    Nan Brinsko

26. Sammy Adam says:

Hi everybody- Where is a classy place to have my wedding?

27. Rachael, I love your show, but I liked it more when you began because you didn’t take the name of GOD in vane. Now, it’s almost every other word. Please review one of your recent shows and count how many times you use HIS name in vane. Many of your viewers are Christian and it hurts every time you use HIS name in an exclamatory way rather than to thank HIM for all HE has done for us. Please just think about it. I’ll keep on watching, but I’ll cringe every time you use HIS name in an exclamatory way. I have prayed that your throat condition gets better soon.