lady-making-sammies
by

See our press release about ’09

Rachael Ray returns to Austin’s South by Southwest Music Fesitval

NEW YORK (Feb. 26, 2009) – Daytime host and author Rachael Ray is once again combining two of her passions – food and music by announcing the second annual Rose’s Mojito and Rachael Ray’s Feedback: The B-Side party to take place in Austin, Texas during the South By Southwest (SXSW) music conference and festival on March 21, 2009.

The day will feature tons of Austin-inspired recipes created by Rachael herself, signature Mojito cocktails thanks to the title sponsor, Rose’s® Mojito, and performances by The Hold Steady, The New York Dolls, Bob Schneider, The Airborne Toxic Event, Ra Ra Riot, Semi Precious Weapons, The Cringe, Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros, The Thermals and John Pringle.

The day party will take place at Maggie Mae’s in the heart of Austin starting at noon and feature recipes such as Ancho Chicken Soft Tacos with Smokey Chipotle and Black Bean Chilaquiles.  Guests will be served Rose’s Mojitos with three signature drinks for the event including, Rose’s B-Side Mojito, Rose’s Austin-jito, and Rose’s Lone Star Mojito.  All three specialty Rose’s Mojito drinks are infused with natural mint extracts to give that freshly crushed mint, Mojito experience.

Last year’s Feedback event featured performances by bands such as The Stills, The Raveonettes, The Knux and Scissors for Lefty.  Details for this year’s event can be found at www.rachaelray.com/feedback

About Rachael Ray

Rachael Ray is a bestselling author and the host of Food Network’s popular 30-Minute Meals, Rachael’s Vacation and Tasty Travels as well as her daytime syndicated show, Rachael Ray. She is also the founder of the Yum-o! organization, a charitable foundation dedicated to helping parents and children develop a healthy relationship with food. She has also written fourteen bestselling cookbooks and is the Executive Editor of Every Day with Rachael Ray magazine.

About Rose’s

Rose’s, a brand of Dr Pepper Snapple Group (NYSE: DPS), is one of the nation’s most popular mixers.  As the bartender’s best friend and the trusted cocktail of enthusiasts for over a century, Rose’s is one of the many DPS mixer lines offering solutions from the basics of grenadine and tonic water to the perfect Bloody Mary or refreshing Mojito. The DPS portfolio includes Rose’s Cocktail Infusions, Rose’s Mojito Cocktail Mix, Mr & Mrs T, Holland House, Schweppes and Margaritaville.  As the leader in flavored beverages, DPS markets Rose’s and 50 other beverage brands throughout North America.  For more information on DPS mixers portfolio, visit www.mixuptheparty.com or www.drpeppersnapple.com.  Rose’s is a registered trademark of Cadbury Ireland Ltd. used under license by Dr Pepper Snapple Group.

14 Responses to “See our press release about ’09”

1. Rachael says:

grrr i wish i could go!

2. TONY CARR says:

HI just a few things.First just wanted to say that I have being watching you from day one,and I have always liked every thing you have done.This doesn’t have any thing to do with cooking.Rachael your middle name is the same as my mothers I found that cool!!My mother’s last name was Capitano.just keep up the GREAT work,and just don’t burn your self out

3. rebecca johnston says:

just wanted to say that i love ur show and i love the pots and pans and all the things u cook with but i can’t find them here where i live where can i get them so i can cook like u love you and ur show

4. Jason says:

I am SO excited to attend your party this year in Austin, I heard amazing things about last years party. I just hope I am there early enough to get in and experience it!
    Thanks for setting up such an amazing event!
    Jason

5. Tara says:

I’m very excited you will be here again for SXSW! I’ve been out of town on your previous visits to Austin, but this time I’m here and hopefully I’ll get into this event. You’re the best!
    Tara

6. Kathleen Borresen says:

Wow, I’ll be in Austin that weekend! Looks like your festivities are mainly on Saturday. Wish I could go, sounds fab. I’ve been to SXSW before I knew and cooked with you on a regular basis. Would be thrilling to meet you. Unfortunately, my seminar ends Sunday eve, then plan to meet up w/son & a Norwegian teacher for dinner. Any sugggestions where we should go? what R your plans???? I’ll be at the Hilton Airport til Sun, would love to run into you Sunday evening or Monday before I travel home.

7. Linda says:

Looks like the party is open to everyone-is that true?

8. Shane says:

Just reworked by SXSW volunteering schedule so I could make it. Having the New York Dolls there makes it even better.

9. Shelly says:

Wish I could be heading to SXSW next weekend. But just wanted to let all of you out there know about an extremely talented r/b band from Minneapolis MN area. Check out Brandon Scott Sellner band and you won’t be disappointed.

10. justin says:

Hi Rachel,
    I know you love Austin so while you’re here check out something totally local – The Austin Museum of Art. We have three great exhibits right now and a FABULOUS gift shop with tons of locally made jewelry. I’ve seen you wear Austin Artist Baby Jane’s jewelry so stop buy and see what other local jewelers are creating!

Cheers,
    Justin

11. Kat says:

I missed it last year, so I’m excited to go this year. Why isn’t it listed on the Music Parties section of the SXSW website? This is the only site I could find out details about it. Austin loves Rachael Ray!

12. Harriett says:

What fun…good drink, food and awesome music!!
    SXSW rocks…and so will this party! Let’s get it started…thanks, Rachel Ray.

13. Tara says:

Had a fantastic time at Maggie Mae’s today! Great food & music (glad I got to see The Cringe live). Thank you for pulling this together!

14. Shane says:

It wss great, drinks, food, first time I’ve seen The New York Dolls in 30 years, got a chance for a brief chat with John and I caught a Cringe t-shirt, that I put right on. Come back next year! No, make that come back soon!