Mom of Picky Eater

What would you do with a free hour?

Today a rare thing happened.  I found myself in my house.  Alone.  My husband took the kids over to a neighbor’s house and left me home to do whatever I wanted.  This doesn’t happen often, or really ever.  If I am without them, it is usually because I am running an errand, working or cooking.  So guess what I did with my free time?  I vacuumed!  I started to clean the house, set the table for dinner, get a start on cooking and then I stopped myself and took a deep breath and sat down to surf the internet a little and just let my mind go.  I realized that we all need to take a little time to just think and not rush around or stress out.  It is a lesson I will try to remind myself of from time to time.  Curious, what would you do with a free hour?

11 Responses to “What would you do with a free hour?”

1. obearlady says:

looking for that crok pot you had on your show on march 6,2009 the 3 pice crockpot set

2. Mike says:

Alone and with a free hour? Probably take a glorious one hour nap in peace! :-) ~ Mike

3. nancy G says:

I am a Rottie lover. I have one of the most amazing Rottweilers known to man! She is a rescue. I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you for being of like mind. I am from Chicago, IL. If there is any way I can be of assistance with getting the word out of your petfood, volenteer or anything, dont hesitate to let me know.

Dogs are much like children…(oh boy, Im sure Ill hear something for saying this) however…I too, am a mother of 2…so I know what Im talking about. Anyhow, dogs are much like children…..with the right upbreinging, structure and abundance of love…..they grow up being the most amazing adults…..enough said!

4. kim says:

One hour…I think I would take a long bath! We only have time for showers around here, fast ones at that.

5. Bernadette says:

I would also clean. It’s the only time that as you clean it isn’t getting messed up behind you!

6. Debbie says:

A free hour? Take a long hot bath without someone beating on the door screaming about a hair straightner or needing to do something in there. Wow, wouldn’t that be wonderful.

7. kelly says:

An hour with no kids!! I don`t know what I would do,probably clean or give the dogs a bath. My kids range in age from 10-21 all still at home. I do have to say when they are at school or not around I miss them.I have been a stay at home mom for 21 years. They are my world.

8. Rachel says:

Hi Rachael! With an hour I wouldnt know what to do because right now I am unemployed and have been for over a year so I wouldnt want an hour to myself!! If I was working and had an hour I would clean probably cuz I am a clean freak and all I do is clean when I get bored! I love your show it is awesome! I dont cook much but with watching your show I am hoping I can start cooking! When I lived at home I never cooked so I not much of a cooker! My husband cooks awesome but he always wants me to cook but I like his cooking more! What should I do about it? He works 40 hrs a week and I just want to learn to cook the way a wife should cook! We’ve been married over a year it will be 2yrs in July and we are both 22 turing 23 this year! We’ve been together for 9 years and we never fought before we got married but after we got married we fight more than we should we are both trying to work on it but its soo hard! Rachael I need your help what should we do about all this stuff?

9. angelika says:

Dear Rachel,
    last night on Larry King, awesome. Me and my life long partner, shop in bulk. Especially when there are case lot sales. We have figured out that we do not eat out as much anymore, as we used to. That saves us a lot of money. I love to use my crock pot alot. Comes in handy.
    What I do with an extra hour to myself? I would sleep in, cause at nights I do not sleep good due to my heart condition. By the way Rachel, a show about German cusine would be appreciated. I am German. I miss my German food !

10. Heather says:

I am a college student, so I am all the time doing homework or reading text books. The thing is, I enjoy reading what I WANT to read, but never get time to do that anymore. For an hour, I would lay in bed and curl up with a book! Reading relaxes me and takes me away from the world we live in!

11. shalenah says:

hi i live in nz where can i puchase your cooking items they are groovy i have 6 kids and plan on making meals like yours.. yummy.. i never miss a show i get the kids off to school and sit down with my babies and watch the show,