rr-face
Last minute lady

Rachael Ray at the 92nd st Y-40% off tickets for rr.com only!

Rachael will be speaking with renowned journalist and food writer, Kim Severson at the 92nd st Y on March 26th.  Tickets are on sale now and if you use code RR40, you will get 40% off!  This offer is only available through our website.  See Rach on the 26th and get your book signed by her.

Rachael Ray is host of the daytime television series Rachael Ray. She’s also known for her relationship with the Food Network, hosting shows such as Tasty Travels and Emmy-award winning 30 Minute Meals. In addition to her television endeavors, Rachael has turned her “30-Minute Meals” concept into a bestselling series of cookbooks and her own magazine Every Day with Rachael Ray. In 2006, she launched the Yum-o! organization to empower kids and their families to develop healthy relationships with food and cooking by teaching families to cook, feeding hungry kids and funding cooking education and scholarships.

Through the three core work areas of Cook, Feed and Fund, Yum-o! educates kids and their families about food and cooking by offering an interactive website that enables young cooks to get started in the kitchen and try out family-friendly recipes; teams up with partner organizations to feed hungry children; and funds innovative cooking programs in schools and educational opportunities for kids who are interested in pursuing careers in the restaurant and foodservice industry.

Kim Severson joined the New York Times in 2004. She writes about food and cultural trends. Previously, she was a food writer and editor at the San Francisco Chronicle. At the San Francisco Chronicle, she won national awards for news and feature writing, including the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism for her work on childhood obesity in 2002.

For more information, go here

12 Responses to “Rachael Ray at the 92nd st Y-40% off tickets for rr.com only!”

1. Do you have a mailing address, that someone could write to you? They do not have access to a computer.
    Thank you.

2. Natalie Shafer says:

Dear Rachel Ray,
    My name is Natalie. I am 14 years old but turn 15 on July 1st. Me and my friend started a band and we are told we are really good. We want to get noticed. Right now we do alot of little gigs for school raleys. Our first cd comes out in August its called ‘Black Roses Anothis another day’ we want half the profits of all cd earnings to go to the Armed Services YMCA of the US. Its an organization that supports and gives supplies to our troops. President Barack Obama said he will take out our troops. Our troops wont come home for another 9 months still. We need to keep sending supplies to keep them alive. We want to help but we need to be heard. We are young. We may not be as good as anybody else, but we have adream. A dream we believe we can make happen. I have seen many of my friends cry and moarn over a lost of a family member or friend that went to iraq. The war is not over yet and they need our help. We want to help by giving them any money we can raise with the C.D. We want to raise quite a bit so we need help to get heard so people can notice us. Our C.D shows the brighter side of a bad day and tells us even though its a bad day today tommarow is another day. Dont look in the past. Look ahead. I have a dream was a famous speech. We all have dreams. I have a dream but i also have hope and faith. I want to help, but first i need help. Please make my dream come true. Im not a fake. Im not just saying this to get attention. I know alot of people do that. Im for real i want to help. I want to give back to the people who gave so much to me. Thank you so much Rachel Ray.
    Your fan and friend.
    Natalie

3. MabelandMe says:

Natalie – I wish you so much luck… You are truly an inspiration and such a wise bright light for such a young girl… You touched my soul with your letter to Rachael. Embrace your dream, enjoy your journey and never stop believing in your dream.
    Let us know where we can buy your CD.

~Debi

4. Abu Saad says:

Dear Rachel Ray,

Could you talk about the gap between child & his parents.

Thank you.

5. Kristy Homka says:

Dear Rachel,
    I know you hear this thousands of times an hour, but you trully are my idol. I watch your show faithfully everyday for the past couple years. You are so energetic, caresmatic, and welcoming in all your shows. You do so many great things for people and I was hoping you could have time to help me out with a favor. I was recently in a serious car accicent on Feb. 1,2009 where I should not have even lived or walk again. Luckily I am able to both. I had numerous extensive injuries that forced me to take a medical leave from college so I am no longer able to graduate in May 2009. Through this tough time, my mother has been there by my side everyday. She has taken off work to stay home with me because I’m not allowed to be left alone. She drives me to and from therapy three times a week, waits on me all the time, baths me, and still does all the cooking & cleaning chores. She means the world to me and I want to repay her for all she has done for me. If it was not for her I would be depressed and miserable sitting in a halo day after day. So Rachel, is there anything we could do or give my mom for all the loving things she has done for me? I would GREATLY appreciate anything you could do.

6. Paula Brown says:

Hi Rachael,

Is olive oil healthier than crisco oil? I have never bought fresh garlic, do you have to peel it?

The reason why I am asking is because my husband is over weight and I am trying to cook healthier with organic foods. The only thing is I am a very picky eater. Any suggestions?

Sincerely,
    Paula Brown – Michigan (Everyday viewer)

7. Diane Lane says:

Iam a daily viewer on a fixed income and need to know where in Canada I can get you cookware?
    Also where can I get info on healthier meals on a fixed income

Thanks.
    Diane Lane Toronto. Canada

8. David Walsh says:

I know this is is going to the admins of the site, not Rach, but just had a question. I see thru Food Network that Paula Dean will be taking the 6:00pm (eastern time) slot from Rach, leaving our fave with only 1pm and 6:30pm timeslots Monday thru Friday. Rach seems to still be on her regular schedule of Sat 10am, and Sun 11:30am so far.

And for that matter, there are very few new episodes scheduled for April and May. (This after reruns of $40 a day and Inside dish were axed recently). Sorry to sound like a pain, but what gives?

Would love to be at Rach’s Lake George thing. Got up there last year and scored 2nd row seats, only to not be able to get back due to a layoff :(

Perhaps 2010. Oh well, book tours are always there!

David Walsh, Buckeye fan #1

oh, yeah , Rachael rocks even better than the Bucks!

9. Betty says:

Congrats, Rach, on your 500th RR show yesterday.

Keep up the great work – my cooking skills have gone from non-existent to so-so thanks to your show and your books!

As a dog lover, I thought you might shed some attention on a great local dog rescue: Critter Crossings in North San Diego. They have some amazing pit bulls featured as “underdogs” who need help and a forever home.

Thanks for all that you do!
    -Betty

10. TJ says:

I too was disappointed when I saw that 30 minute meals was only on at 5:30pm CDT. I like Paula’s show too but wish Foodnetwork had not changed the schedule. Hope they switch it back.

11. Lisa C. says:

My son is 15 months old and he is a big fan of yours,no matter what show of yours is on he watches it. He gets excited every time I turn on one of your shows.

12. Pambill says:

Rachel

LOVE the show!

Have you seen this guy Bill Lobly’s you tube videos?

He does CRAZY themes…. the latest is “Crazy Final Four Dinner”

GO and see his video! If you don’t love it, I’ll give up my seat to another housewife next time I come to the show as penance…..

Here’s the video link page thing:

PS My kids think he’s hysterical….