drtv032209rr
Mom of Picky Eater

The “Snuggie”

Alright people, apparetly 4 million of you have purchased this item and it haunts me.  I  first heard of it when my 4-year old son came running to tell me we should get it and that the whole family can use a Snuggie.  I ran in the TV room and watched the commercial and I almost felt guilty because I kind of see how this thing could be an amazingly cozy piece of clothing.  It reminds me of being in college and throwing a coat on backwards when cold and too lazy to put on a sweater.  But then again, wouldn’t a simple blanket do the trick?

Who has one and what is it like?  Is the Snuggie all its cracked up to be??

15 Responses to “The “Snuggie””

1. Abbey says:

I recieved the Snuggie for Christmas last year. IT IS A-MAZING!! It is perfect for reading a book and flipping through chanels. I wear it when I feed my neice! I put the Snuggie on, pick her up (wrapped in her blanket, prop her up, bottle goes in, we are all set! We are both warm, and I know that if some baby yucks gets on it, I can throw it right in the wash machine (its a lot better than getting baby yucks on my good blankets, or even worse, the couch!)
    I highyl recommend the Snuggie. Even my big jock of a boyfriend loves it.

2. maria says:

it was the worse money i ever spent. i’m sorry i got one, no need to run vacuum anymore just walk around with too ,long snuggie and it picks everything up.its junk. the material i cut up and made dog blankets for a local groomer.

3. Julie says:

How about just wrapping yourself in a blanket??? do you have to pay $20 for a blanket with arm holes?

4. Angie says:

We all own one, just go grab your “robe” and turn it around backwards! I can’t believe people pay money for this or even worse, give as gifts!!

5. Sharon says:

Just put your bathrobe on backwards. It will serve the same purpose without the extra length, oh and your robe also has a tie that will keep it from slipping off!

6. Erin says:

It sounds like the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard of!! When I first saw the infomercial, I thought NO ONE would buy that stupid thing. Then I find out it was a best seller for Christmas. Why do I need arms on my blanket? And walking around in it just sounds like you’ll get a cold back. Why not just wrap a blanket around yourself if you need to walk around but can’t give up your blankie!

7. Auntie C says:

“Why not just wrap a blanket … ”
    Okay, well … see, the concept of the arms/no arms thing … blankets don’t have arms, so they don’t stay up … you’ve seen the commercial, pretty well explains it. As for the length problem, umm, you can shorten it. Yeah, mine picks up some lint, but I’m just wearing it around the house by myself. Works for me.

8. kristin says:

HI GUYS YES IAM ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE THAT BOUGHT ONE TOO MORE LIKE MY HUBBY AFTER I SAID I WANTED ON. WE ALL BUY STUFF WE SEE ON TV SOME THINGS GOOD SOME NOT. ANY-1 BUY ANYTHING OFF TV THEY WOULD HAVE PURCHASED IF THEY TRIED IT FIRST WE WOULD ALL LOVE TO KNOW?

9. sonia says:

It looks super cozy, but I never but anything that I cant inspect with my hands and eyes first. I get the feeling though that if you were someone who got super chilly all of the time it would be a dream. I think I will probably just stick with my cozy long fleece house coat, and when I have the time to sit, which with three young children at home is almost never, I snuggle up with them under my super cozy blankets, that wash just fine.

I may however suggest this product to my Godmother who like her house at a very “snug” 38 degrees celcius. Ugghh

10. Elizabeth says:

I bought my boyfriend one of these for Christmas. He loves it. They are surprisingly warm, yet still light weight. Also, they stay put which nice. HOWEVER, the customer service is terrible. It took 2 months for it to arrive because it was back ordered and they do not tell you this before you order it. When I called I got hung up twice before a manager promised a discount on shipping…which never happened. Also, shipping is the same price of the blanket. We love it, but I would never order it again from them. If they sold them in store…that would be another story.

11. Tabby-Cat says:

You don’t even have to buy it anymore. They have the design on the internet to make it yourself. Plus, from what I understand, they only have a couple of colors, so this way you can customize it, and not have to deal with horrible customer service.

12. Christie says:

My 4 year old wants a Snuggie, too! When I asked her why she couldn’t just use a blanket, she informed me that a blanket would “slip and slide” – she’s also interested in the booklight that comes with it – so she can read in bed!

13. Heather says:

I think it is basically based on personal opinion. I myself have been wanting a snuggie for the reason that it is easier to move around in than a blanket! Afet reading the reviews, it is definately mixed. My advice would be to purchase one and try it out for yourself. It is good to have input from others who have this product, but it is one of those things where some will like it and others not so much. I would rather form my own opinion about the product.

P.S. They do sell them in stores. :) Same price, but no shipping.

14. Amanda says:

I don’t think I would want to own this product. I also feel that is what a robe is for. You still have to take your hands out of it when you need to grab something, same as a blanket. And the part of the commercial where they show people watching an outdoor sporting event…what about the back? It is open, still exposing them to the elements. I just wouldn’t spend my money on one. My choice, my opinion.

15. grmom2b says:

they do havr them on stores it just depends on where you live