crowd
Rach
by

Austin was a hoot!

We had another fantastic party at the South by Southwest Music Festival this year . I am not sure how next year can get any better, but we will be coming back and we will have another year of great music, food and hopefully Rose’s Mojitos. This year blew me away. I loved the bands we had last year, including Auto Vaughn, Scissors for Lefty and the Knux, but this year was a whole new lineup (except of course John’s band, The Cringe-you can expect them every year!). We had two levels to our party which meant two stages of official lineups. As if that wasn’t enough, there was a little side stage in another room for surprise guests like Gary Clark Jr. and for other guys to get up and play after they came off the big stage.

You can get all of the party details at our Feedback page

I stayed at a new hotel this year, a little off the beaten path, but still in the heart of Austin. But it reminded me of why I love Austin so much. Everywhere you turn there’s music. This place had a record player in the bedroom and you could go to the front desk to request old LPs. They had a great selection too! While I was in Austin I stopped by Antone’s Record Shop to get John a few surprise records too. He was psyched!

A couple of shout outs are needed here-the folks at Maggie Mae’s, where we had the party, were great and had us back later that night for another Cringe show. The caterers, Austin Catering Co. made me proud by preparing and serving up my recipes well. The guys who worked security kept everything moving smoothly and of course Rose’s Mojitos were just what we needed to cool down. I gotta thank the bands for coming and giving it their all-John Pringle, The Cringe :), The New York Dolls, my pal Bob Schneider, The Hold Steady, Semi-Precious Weapons (I want those boots!), The Thermals, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, Ra Ra Riot and The Airborne Toxic Event. Plus, Gary Clark Jr on the side stage. Last but not least, thank you to everyone who made it to the party. It was great to have you there and we’ll see you again next year!

14 Responses to “Austin was a hoot!”

1. MabelandMe says:

Hey Rach! Reading your blog and seeing so many pictures on the web – it sounds like you had a blast.
    I wish I could have been there.

I wanted to tell you I thought the dress you wore at your party was FABULOUS!!! The belt, the boots and the style all worked for you! I just had to tell you!

Congrats again on the 500 shows and GOOD LUCK with the Emmy Nominations this year!!

xo
    Deb

2. Michelle says:

Rachael, your party looked amazing and so did you. your dress was so beautiful.i hope to meet you in person one day.

3. Kayli says:

I’ll have to make my way out to Austin someday. That sounds like fun!

4. Wendy says:

Hey Rachael, I am wanting to find out if ACAi X3 is for real or is it a gimic. Sorry to post this here, but I could not find anywhere else to blog.

Wendy

5. Susan says:

I have a cute pic. I wanted to send to Rachael** Is there an e-mail address??

6. g lundy says:

There were two women competing for a prize on the show this week. It might have been a re run? I wanted the recipe the winner created, but can not find reference on the rachelray web page.

Does anyone else remember that contest?

thanks

seldom watch, but it was a good show!

7. Collee says:

I was wondering if you could tell me the name of the place you had the batini and watched the bats? I will be in Austin next week. Love your show. Thanks Colleen

8. Sharon says:

I am outraged that that magician sniffed that pen in front of most young girls in America. I wanted to save the Miley segment for my granddaughter but my God why would he do such a thing in front of those children!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Trish says:

Austin is a really neat city with a electic mix of just about everything. Its nice to see a really cool city get its props.

10. Shayla says:

Hi Rachel, I love your show and you are my favorite talk show host every. I love You!

11. ilovebradpaisleyadrachaelray says:

i love you rach.i turn 13 on july 24.happy

12. ilovebradpaisleyadrachaelray says:

hi rach.i can’t wait to see you on qvc on august 2.

13. Kim says:

Hey, Rach! It’s time to get geared up—SXSW will be here before you know it. My sous chef (aka youngest son Max) was thrilled to know you love Austin as much as he does. He wants to invite you to dinner while you’re here. (He’s 14, so John shouldn’t worry.) This is a kid who asked for and got his own chef’s knives for Christmas when he was 13, and he thinks you are tons of fun!

14. tito says:

Rachel I love you..can I plz have a pair of ur boots Ty te quiero mucho…