halloats
Rach
by

Hall and Oates has my vote!

Did you know Hall and Oates, one of the biggest pop rock duos in history has not yet been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame???   That’s why we want you to leave me a comment here and this will act as our petition to get these guys into the Hall of Fame.  We’ll gather all of your kind words, and send this off to show just how much we support these guys.

So tell us why you love Hall and Oates and why you think they should join the likes of other excellent rockers.  You can leave comments or even just your name if you don’t have much time.  It all counts!

p.s. tune in for their performance on November 9th on the Rachael Ray show!  Watch the backastage video today!

2,185 Responses to “Hall and Oates has my vote!”

1. Shelley says:

They have my vote. They are the best.

2. Gabriel Neu says:

They need to get in NOW! Style, talent, muscianship, sales what else do they need to do?!?

3. Quincy Jones says:

I’ve had the honor of working with many talented artists through out my career that have made it to the RHF, there is no question these gentlemen deserve to be right there with the best of them for 3 main reasons:

talented,original,everlasting

a fan,

QJ

4. K Hawkins says:

My husband and I flew all the way from Oklahoma to Saratoga, CA in 2009, to one of Hall & Oates concerts. We believe these guys are classic and their rock & roll will live on forever! Our kids love their music too. Yes, they are totally deserving.

5. Hall and Oats happens to be one of the duos that when one of their songs comes on the radio, no matter how old you are, you turn up the radio and sing along. Also, if you get to work or home and the song has not finished you stay in your car until it is over. I listened so much when my kids were young, they are now fans. I actually saw you live one time in Tampa, FL and it was a GREAT Show. Everyone there really enjoyed the songs and we felt you had written the song for us or about us. I really like to listen to the words as much as the music. There is always a story intertwined with emotion. You really fell the soul in each song. Hall of Fame get on the ball! They are part of music history.

6. Hall and Oates happens to be one of the duos that when one of their songs comes on the radio, no matter how old you are, you turn up the radio and sing along. Also, if you get to work or home and the song has not finished you stay in your car until it is over. I listened so much when my kids were young, they are now fans. I actually saw you live one time in Tampa, FL and it was a GREAT Show. Everyone there really enjoyed the songs and we felt you had written the song for us or about us. I really like to listen to the words as much as the music. There is always a story intertwined with emotion. You really fell the soul in each song. Hall of Fame get on the ball! They are part of music history.

7. Ron Garmon says:

I was shocked and even appalled to see that Hall & Oates have yet to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame…This should be done….SOON!!!!

8. Julie Johnson says:

Hall & Oates have crossed geological borders with their music. You can go to the ends of the earth and people of every culture and color will know who they are. The music they have written are classics the have transcended time. They’ve never faded away since they began in 1976 and continue still to produce such soulful, beautiful melodies such as there latest, “Do It For Love” and generate an energy that audiences continue to engage in. This is why they are the number 1 selling pop duo of all time. They are a world class musicians with world class greatness which is exactly what the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame is all about.
    Please, Accept them into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. They are more than deserving. Thank you.

9. monica says:

I love hall & oates………. I would love to see them in the rock & roll hall of fame. Please Please accept them into the rrhf……they deserve it. Thank You!!!

10. Tina says:

Hi, I’m from Germany and be happy that we have since May a new TV-sender where we can see your show. I’m a H&O fan since many years and this is one of the rare occations to see them on TV. I’m very,very happy bout that. I hope and believe that they will be accept in the hall of fame.
    thank you very much for this occation to vote for them.
    greetings from bavaria

11. Sharon, Illinois says:

I can’t believe that they’re not already in the Hall of Fame! Get ‘em in NOW!

12. Julie Johnson says:

QUINCY JONES, 3 comments up even thinks they deserve to be in the ROCK N ROLL HALL OF FAME!

13. Hi Rach!

Thanks to my ersatz sister! Too cool! I finally bought some Nutella and ya know, you are right! No fair! Its like having cake for breakfast! Big ole glass of milk and I’m on my way. Keep on doin what your doin cause your gonna win!

14. Lee says:

Hall and Oates should definately be in the R&R HOF!
    I cant believe it!

15. Linda L says:

John Oates is from My hometown Of North Wales, PA he and Daryl Hall MUST be inducted they are awesome and Love them to DEATH!!!!!!!

16. njrayray says:

What the hel1 enough bull crap…the most influential song writers and performers in the last 20 years…..2011 Hallof Fame…end of story…

17. Gerry Coyle says:

These guys are just AMAZING musicians & OUTSTANDING song writers. They should have been in the Hall of Fame years ago. You have my vote guys-FANTASTIC:-)

18. Sammy R says:

Hall and Oates have a great song “It’s A Laugh”. Well it’s a laugh these guys are not in the HOF. What more can these guys do, or should I say what can’t they do. They do it for the love of the music, so it does’nt matter if they get in or not. Daryl, John and all the other guys, T Bone, know where they stand, and thats on top. Sammy R. (PGH)

19. asma says:

hey rach iam asma from algeria i love you so much
    i just wanned you to know that you have fans here too
    keep rocking
    bye

20. kevin says:

Wow! the song Wait For Me is truly a great piece of work.the other hits are great also… but if wait for me played today on the radio… no doubt, Hall and Oates fame…HOF

21. Marilyn says:

“It’s Uncanny” that the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has failed to recognize the talents of these two wonderful songwriter/singers. Their longevity in the business and sheer number of hit songs more than qualifies their inclusion. Hopefully this oversight/slight will soon be rectified.

22. andy says:

agree. thx rachael, keep up the good work

23. Charles Minnich says:

Hall & Oates Rocked the 70′s and 8o’s with the most memeorable love songs and ballads I’ve heard and they still jam today. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame needs to recognize them and give them the credit and respect that they have earned. I live just outside of Cleveland and can hardly wait to see their induction. Good Luck Hall and Oates and Thanks for all of the Wonderful music.

24. Rob says:

Great songs and performances that will stand the test of times! These guys should have been in the HoF long ago!

25. Tracy says:

Can’t believe they are not in there yet!!!

So talented and can’t think of the 80′s without thier music, Blue-eyed Philly soul! They are great!Have a bunch of thier albums, yes they are actual albums! Love them!
    Get them in there!

26. MIKE says:

HADE THE BAND PLAY ‘RICH GIRL’AT OUR RECPTION,30 YEARS AGO………….

27. Dan says:

Not having Hall & Oates in the Hall is doing more harm to the Rock ‘n Roll Hall of Fame than anyone… so continue at your own peril musical elites. You have a handful of people only celebrating what they deem “cool”….most people don’t only consider Led Zeppelin to be Rock ‘n Roll….your own criteria for getting into the Hall shows a prejudice when you look who they induct and who is left ignored….If America voted in November H & O would be there come January…enough said.. and Smokey Robinson or Mick Jagger would probably induct them..if the RnRHoF continue on ignoring very successful, influential acts like H & O they will go the way of other institutions that proved they weren’t about what they told us they were about…H & O’s musical will endure like it has been doing anyways without such accolades!

28. Gayla says:

The 2011 Nominee’s have been announced and STILL no Hall and Oates. It’s just not RIGHT! Love Hall & Oates. Always have and always will. Can we keep the petition going?

29. Sherri says:

Hall and Oates SHOULD be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. They are awesome!

30. Kura says:

Their songs give me that ‘summer’ feeling, especially through the hard times. They ROCK!

A sincere fan from New Zealand!!

31. Tesha says:

Hall & Oates have provided us with a catalog of songs and melodies that have influenced generations of artists and fans of music that range from all genres. They remain relevant and mentors of artists of today. They are what true Rock & Roll is about and what it represents – SOUL!

32. Michael D says:

I can’t find any place on your site to send a fan mail or comment so I guess I have to do it this way.

I never knew anything about you and saw your interview on CNN with Howard Kurtz and loved it. You’re so full of life, so positive and such a delightful lady with a warm and beautiful heart! God bless you!

33. jeremy says:

put Hall and Oates in the Music Hall of Fame

34. luvs2cook says:

HALL & OATES THEY WERE MY FIRST CONCERT IN 1977 AT MADISON SQUARE GARDEN. i ALWAYS LOVED THEM. i WAS TAKING PHOTOGRAPHY AT THE TIME & I DEVELOPED AND STILL HAVE THEIR PICS HANGING ON MY WALL!!!!!!!!GREATEST MEMORIES EVER. I LOVE THEM & WILL NEVER FORGET THAT NIGHT.

35. luvs2cook says:

I always watch Rachael I made the turkey croquettes DELICIOUS! I want to make them again to bring to a family gathering can I make them & freeze them Holidays are always hectic.

36. steve says:

MY WIFE AND I ARE GOING TO TRY AND GET DARYL’S AND JOHN’S NAMES, INTO THE ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME. MY WIFE IS WORKING VERY HARD EVERYDAY TO SUBMIT CRUDENTIAL LISTINGS FOR DARYL AND JOHN TO GET THEIR NAMES HONORED AT THE ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME. YOUR MUSIC DARYL AND JOHN IS EXCELLENT. YOU BOTH HAVE WONDERFUL HEARTS LIKE WHEN YOU DID FUNDRAISERS FOR CANCER AND DIABETES, I THANK YOU BOTH FOR THAT. KEEP UP THE EXCELLENT WORK WE’LL GET YOUR NAMES IN!!

37. lea says:

I’ve always been a big fan of Daryl and John, they both deserve this honor!! Thier music is excellent! They both deserve to be honored at the rock and rock and roll hall of fame!!

38. lea says:

Daryl and John have done alot of excellent work and have worked in various fundraisers like live aid, we are the world, they even donated some money from the selling of their “home for christmas” album to charity. they’ve even helped people with cancer and diabetes at fundraisers as well, being a cancer survivor it’s very sweet what they both did to help others!! Daryls’ show i always watch it! Daryl and John both deserve to be nominated into the rock and roll hall of fame!!

39. wendy says:

Wow they are not in yet…..lets get them voted in .

40. Amy says:

Yeah, if these guys aren’t in the hall of fame, then something is wrong. Their songs have been loved by millions now for what 30 years? Come on and get ‘em in!

41. Kathryn says:

I live for Hall and Oates! Its so wrong that they are not in the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Maybe one day. . . meanwhile they are in my hall of fame :)

42. Jennifer says:

Hall and Oates are my true idols!! They’re excellent performers!! they deserve to get their names honored, they’ve worked so hard for many years almost 40 years!! it took nearly 40 years before the rolling stones got their names in for example! Let’s get their name’s in, give them both the honors these talented wonderful men deserve!!

43. Krista says:

Daryl and John have done so much they’ve been together for so long, it’s time the rock and roll of fame honor their names!! It’s long overdue!

44. Jasmine says:

Daryl and John are my idols, i love thier music i don’t understand why the rock and roll hall of fame haven’t inducted their names already they should’ve along time ago, now it’s time for them to please induct their names into the rock and roll hall of fame, it’s love long way overdue. with all of this music over the last 40 years it’s time, LIKE RACHAEL SAID IF YOU WANT ANY SNACKS FROM HER (just a jokeline from her), you’ll do what is best for Daryl and John this time IT’S TIME ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME!!

45. Martin says:

DARYL AND JOHN I LOVE THIER MUSIC ALOT, KISS ON MY LIST, PRIVATE EYES, DON’T HOLD BACK THEIR LOVE, ETC. THEIR MUSIC IS EXCELLENT TOGETHER AND EVEN WHEN THEY THIER OWN ALBUMS, DARYL HAS EXCELLENT WORK LIKE “SOMEONE LIKE YOU” WHICH IS A LOVELY SONG, I SAW ON HIS SHOW HE DEDICATED TO THE LATE JANNA ALLEN, WHICH IS VERY TOUCHING. DARYL IS A VERY NICE MAN AND JOHN IS TOO THEY BOTH DESERVE THIS “HIGHEST LEVEL” TOP HONOR FOR MUSIC!! THE ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME IS EMPTY WITHOUT DARYL’S AND JOHN’S NAMES IN THERE, IN 2008 DARYL AND JOHN WON THE BMI AWARD, IN 2003 THEY WERE GIVEN AN AWARD ON ROCKWALK IN LOS ANGELES NOW WHY HAVENT’ THE ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME DONE THEIR PART? IT’S TIME ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME, WITHOUT DARYLS’ AND JOHN’S NAMES THE ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME IT WOULDN’T BE FAIR TO THEM, OR TO THEIR FANS THEY’RE VERY POPULAR IN JAPAN, USA, ALL OVER THE WORLD!! WAKE UP PLEASE ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME DO THE RIGHT THING PLEASE AND HONOR DARYL AND JOHN THEY DESERVE THIS HIGHEST LEVEL OF HONOR!!

46. gene says:

DARYL AND JOHN HAVE DONE SO MUCH, THEY’RE SUCH WONDERFUL PEOPLE!! WHY HAVEN’T THE ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME DONE THEIR PART TO GET DARYL’S AND JOHN’S NAMES HONORED AT THE ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME, IT’S TIME ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME!! WITHOUT DARYL HALL’S NAME AND JOHN OATES’ NAME IN THE ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME, THE ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME WILL BE THE ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF “SHAME” ANOTHERWORDS ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME DON’T DISAPPOINT DARYL, JOHN AND THEIR FANS DO WHAT’S GOOD FOR DARYL AND JOHN AND FOR THEIR FANS HONOR THEIR NAMES INTO THE ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME THEY DESERVE THIS HONOR!! DARYL AND JOHN ARE FABULOUS AND WONDERFUL MEN!! TIME TO WAKE UP ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME AND HONOR THESE GUYS!!

47. MATT says:

DARYL AND JOHN SHOULD HAVE THEIR NAMES INDUCTED INTO THE ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME, WITH ALL OF THEIR WONDERFUL MUSIC THEY’VE HAD FOR YEARS AND YEARS !!! IT’S TIME WAY OVERDUE FOR THE ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME TO GIVE THEM THIS HONOR!!

48. Stephanie says:

Daryl Hall and John Oates are music royalty. As a writer, I find it hard to express in words how magnificent Daryl’s voice is and the quality of this duo’s songwriting.

49. Jill says:

Daryl Hall & John Oates are most deserving of this recognition; their songbook is the soundtrack to our lives, and the quality of their work speaks for itself. They belong in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

50. ERICA says:

DARYL AND JOHN SHOULD HAVE THEIR NAMES HONORED!! THEY’VE DONE SO WELL FOR THEMSELVES!! THEY’RE AN EXCELLENT BAND!! THEY DESERVE THIS HONOR!! I LOVE DARYL AND JOHN FOR MANY MANY YEARS NOW!!