Rach
by

Hall and Oates has my vote!

Did you know Hall and Oates, one of the biggest pop rock duos in history has not yet been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame???   That’s why we want you to leave me a comment here and this will act as our petition to get these guys into the Hall of Fame.  We’ll gather all of your kind words, and send this off to show just how much we support these guys.

So tell us why you love Hall and Oates and why you think they should join the likes of other excellent rockers.  You can leave comments or even just your name if you don’t have much time.  It all counts!

p.s. tune in for their performance on November 9th on the Rachael Ray show!  Watch the backastage video today!

2,185 Responses to “Hall and Oates has my vote!”

1. Cynthia says:

If you go back and look at their LONG career you will see why they belong in the Hall of Fame. Looking at other Hall of Fame musicians, Hall and Oates are either at their level or above the other. Give them what they deserve and admit them now.

2. Kelly says:

The Hall of Fame would be absolutely incomplete without the addition of Hall and Oates. Their music has deep, soulful roots that has spanned approximately 40 years. They have diverse talent as singers, songwriters, and musicians. This band (including all their members such as Charlie DeChant and the wonderful, late T-Bone Wolk) has expanded their vast talent and branched into new areas throughout the years. The question is not whether Hall and Oates should be in the Hall of Fame; it is: “why are they not there already?”

Thank you for many years of wonderful music.

3. That’s one of those “no brainers”, they should SO be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame! Look at how long they have been around, they still sound amazing today!

4. Karol Johnson says:

Yeah just a real no brainer they so deserve this!! There music with its soulful roots and there amazing talent should not be overlooked~~

5. Tachfin says:

Many people don’t understand why Daryl Hall and John Oates aren’t inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame! I really don’t. They’re one of the most impressive duo’s in pop music history and jet, it seems like they ain’t good enough !

With over 60 million albums sold, DARYL HALL & JOHN OATES’ rich repertoire has garnered a total of 8 #1 hit singles along with dozens of hits throughout the 70’s, 80’s, 90’s, including 2002’s “Do It For Love,”. Other top singles include: “Rich Girl,” “Kiss On My List,” “Maneater,” “Private Eyes,” “I Can’t Go For That (No Can Do), “Sara Smile,” “She’s Gone,” and “One On One,”. Their trademark sound of rock ‘n’ soul can be heard in the harmonies of today’s young pop stars, in the return to radio of sophisticated R & B, even in the black/white demographics of hip-hop and rap-rock fusion

Millions of fans don’t appreciate the fact, that such amazing stars don’t get the recognition they deserve!!

If you feel the same way, and agree that Hall and Oates should get into the R&RHoF, then join !! You can also sign a petition by clicking on the link below:

Greetz

And GIVE THESE GUYS THE RECOGNITION THEY DESEREVE !!!!!!!!

6. ALISON says:

Daryl and John deserve to get their names honored at the rock and roll hall of fame, the committee at the rock and roll hall of fame have been very unfair to daryl and john!! Daryl and John have done their parts for a very long time period now, and now it’s time that the rock and roll hall of fame do their part please and honor these 2 wonderful 2 gentlemen:Daryl Hall and John Oates!! This is way way overdue!!!

7. Mohammed says:

OMG T_T

I really hope they get in !!! :S
    Those 2 are heroes and I really mean it when I say they’re the BEST artist EVER!!!

8. Ira Shafir says:

Hall & Oates – it’s perfect!!!

9. Michael P says:

These guys started in the 70′s and I was out of school. I can not believe they are not in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Until they get in it ought to be the Rock and Rll Hall of Shame!

10. Nidal says:

They have to get in !!!!!
    the world has gone insane or what??

Please do whatever you can RR !!

Hall and Oates love them !!!!

11. mhamed says:

I’m there biggest fan !!!
    Love all their songs, the old and new ones !!

Get them in RRHOF !! Shame on them!!!

12. RickWood says:

These 2 guys could and should take 8 spots in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Six #1 hits, 34 songs on the Billboard Top 100, they both sing, they both play multiple instruments and they both write music. I’m impressed by anyone who can create music, but today it’s considered talent if one can simply speak (poorly) into a microphone. I wonder what planet the selection committee for the R&RHoF is from. It must be a planet without music.

RW

13. Pat Pulhane says:

HALL AND OATES FOREVER!!!

14. Joyce Brown says:

They are the greatest–was shocked to find out they haven’t been in the Hall of Fame way before now!!!

15. rachael,

I have went to khols st.louis, mo and i got some pot and pan and the sign said you can rec’d 40 dollar rebate for this product . So i ask the clerk at the store how do I do this and she said fill out the information and mail it to her mail information on the receipt so I did and that was back in march. I still have not recd’d nothing in the mail.Can you tell me when I might recd my rebate for the product that i purchase.

Please let me know and I want to Thank you for all your time i this matter.

Theresa

16. Jo Ann Zavala says:

THEY ARE THE BEST EVER AND DESERVE TO BE IN THE HALL OF FAME
    i absolutely love them!!!

17. Gina Clark says:

Daryl Hall and John Oates definitely deserve to be in the RnR HOF.. Look at what Daryl is doing now with Live from Daryl’s House with newer artists. John is still touring. Daryl has a new album due out. They have contributed so much to the music industry..

18. Colette Theroux Nelson says:

count my vote! Colette Theroux-nelson, MD

19. Gene says:

Hall n Oates has my vote!!

20. maria says:

i love their songs its a classic. and just to add this on if its o.k can i post a website for my friend. she has an online shop and she is a stay at home mom. her shop website is http://www.cafepress.com/nctpdp . so if your have any time mayb your can check it out. on her websites she hav from t shirts, hats,tote bag, jewelry n many more. thank u.

21. jILL says:

THEY WERE A HUGE PART OF MY GROWING YEARS. THAT FIRST ALBUM, “ABANDONED LUNCHENETTE” WAS A MASTERPIECE! THEY SHOULD BE INDUCED JUST BY THAT ALBUM ALONE. AND WHAT, SOME 40 YRS. LATER, THEY ARE STILL DOING THE CONCERT TOURS AND PUTTING OUT MUSIC?….. THEY HAVE MY VOTE!

22. kellie says:

i have a question why is it when i clicked to get a free sample of dog food it brought me to a page telling me to print a coupon but the ad for the sample said nothing about printing anything….i do not have a printer and would like you to honor the free sample

23. Cat says:

H&O have my vote. Most played songs on my iPod. :)

24. tony winston says:

Rock and Roll hall of fame for SURE!!!!! So great musically, and successful, who doesn’t know at least a half dozen of their hits?

25. Bianca says:

They need to be in the Hall of Fame now!! It really is a disgrace that they are not inducted. I’ve been listening to them since I was born because they are my mom’s favorite duo of all time.

26. Marcy says:

What’s the hold up Rock’n’Roll Hall of Fame?! We’re talking about Hall & Oates here! Hall & Oates should be in the Rock’n’Roll Hall of Fame because if you’re at a party and suddenly one of their old songs comes on, everyone says “I love this song!” They have that kind of music that transcends time and can be enjoyed for generations.

27. Teresa says:

Hall & Oates have my vote for the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame! I have listened to them for most of my life and they so deserve this kudos from their peers.

28. Thom Steben says:

Hall & Oates continue to touch lives with their music even Today. Please ROCK & ROLL HALL OF FAME.. Listen Up! These gifted artists should have inducted a long time ago! Lets make this Happen.
    Thom Steben

29. Stephen says:

Hall & Oates > Beastie Boys

by far

30. Laura michot says:

Wow, this was posted in 2009 and people are still commenting! the over 2000 comments here and the over 5000 signitures on the online petition should have been enough to convince any so called nomination committee!

I am a young, old souled fan and I can’t even bring myself to call it the Rock and Roll hall of fame! Hall and Oates is what makes it Rock and Roll!

31. Kenneth says:

hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

32. carol douglas says:

Right this terrible wrong. These guys have inspired a whole new generation of stars and deserve the recognition. True talent needs to be rewarded. Daryl and John are no 5 minute pop stars and will still be around when many of today’s singers (?) are finished. This request is from a passionate fan in Australia.

33. jennifer f says:

Hall and Oate’s should be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, because they are very talented and have produced so many hits. I think out of all that get inducted Hall and Oate’s is long overdue. They have made such a huge impact on music and continue to do so. They have made their mark in music and deserve the honor and respect that is due an artist of their magnitude and endurance.
    Hall and Oate;s are loved and the music is enjoyed by generations.
    The influence they have given to artists during their tenure is unsurpassed.
    I hope they continue their legacy, and that they are indicted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

34. Rosa says:

Hall & Oates are classic 80′s Americana! They must be recognized now in the RRHOF

35. Lynn says:

Wow, not in the Hall of fame – how is that possible?? These guys are the Number 1 selling Duo of all time. What qualifies for a band / person to be in the Rock ‘N Roll Hall of Fame? I think that NUMBER 1 DUO Qualifies!!

36. Vincent says:

Hello:

I’m from Philadelphia so I was privileged to hear Abandoned Luncheonette, which my sister Rita had and who swears she knew the duo from her days at Temple University. “Luncheonette is my favorite Hall and Oates album. I still just start singing our “Laughing Boy” at the top of my lungs at least a dozen times a year seemingly out of nowhere. Haunting melody and lyrics.
    Yeah, that Hall and Oates in not in the R and R Hall of Fame, when I heard it of the RR show I was shocked. These guys were/are true American originals. If they were a portrait they’d be in the Met, front and center. Please recognize them for their contribution to the art of music. They have been a blessing to me, another musician inspired by what they created. All the best to Daryl and John,

Vincent Lugrine
    now living and working in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

37. Francis M says:

I can’t think of a band more deserving of this honor. Their music truly is timeless. New lyrical fads come and go but the classics endure. Rock on, Hall and Oates.

38. marnie says:

I think Hall& Oates should have a place in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame because they deserve it more than any group I can think of. This really is an injustice!!

39. Ben says:

Hall & Oates have a fan base that spans generations. I belong to the younger set. These guys were already famous when I was born, but their repertoire is so memorable and full of feeling that I can recite a great many of their songs by heart. Give Hall & Oates the honor they deserve and put them in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

40. PJ says:

For all the above realsons, for their entire body of work, Hall and Oates deserve to be inducted into the HOF. Plus, back before they were famous, they played at my high school senior prom.

41. Roger O'Mahony says:

Outstanding performers, we lived our youth right along with them.

Today they sound as good as back then . I would love to see them live.

A must for the HOF

42. Lisa says:

40 Years in the business and 3 years since Rachael has ‘spearheaded’ this online petition? WHY AREN’T THEY IN YET????

The most successful pop duo of all time: they’ve had 6 #1 hits, and 34 singles in the Top 100. 7 Platinum albums, 6 Gold. The numbers don’t lie.

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, get on it!

43. Rose Tomassetti says:

The music of Hall and Oates touch the very core of my being. They area outstanding performers and belong in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

44. Gary Stanton says:

Whomever it is that submits the nominations for entry into the rock and roll hall of fame need to have their heads examined! Hall and Oates deserve entry immediately!

45. Karen Miller says:

I can’t believe that Hall & Oates hasn’t been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame! Their hits are timeless. My first concert was Hall & Oates in 1976 at the Masonic Temple in Detroit (the REAL Rock n’ Roll Capital).

Another two groups definitely worthy of being inducted into the R & R Hall of Fame are ‘BOSTON’ and ‘CHICAGO’. They both ROCK!!

46. I have been a fan of Hall and Oates for 39 years. They have been an instrumental force in the music field for decades. Their music has been on a diverse scale, from being on Pop, to R and B, to adullt contemporary. Their music has been recorded by other artists such as Paul Young and Mick Jagger, and thieir music has been in movies, such as Ruthless people, You again, with a guest appearance, they have even appeared on T.V. ex:) Will and Grace.. Hall and Oates need inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!!!

47. Janelle says:

Hall & Oates are wonderful, grew up on them, loved, loved, and still love Sara Smile. They were, and are a part of my life. Listened & loved all their songs and was fortunate enough to meet & marry a man who loved them as well. Now how I felt in my teens with them I can feel as a grown, happy, loved, married woman.
    Thank You Hall & Oates and Rach, thank you also and i hope they listen to you and all of us, they DO belong there.

48. Janice says:

Hall & Oates doesn’t need any explanation of why they should be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Everyone and I mean EVERYONE knows who they are and I bet they all have a favorite song that brings back awesome memories of the years that this duet entertained the world. I can hear Maneater playing and I’m back in the club, on the dance floor and … well a whole lot younger lol. There music always made you feel so good. Just love them and know so many others who are right there with me. Wish I could thank them in person for sharing their wonderful talent, but since I can’t, hope my comments help get them where they belong…in the ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME.