halloats
Rach
by

Hall and Oates has my vote!

Did you know Hall and Oates, one of the biggest pop rock duos in history has not yet been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame???   That’s why we want you to leave me a comment here and this will act as our petition to get these guys into the Hall of Fame.  We’ll gather all of your kind words, and send this off to show just how much we support these guys.

So tell us why you love Hall and Oates and why you think they should join the likes of other excellent rockers.  You can leave comments or even just your name if you don’t have much time.  It all counts!

p.s. tune in for their performance on November 9th on the Rachael Ray show!  Watch the backastage video today!

2,185 Responses to “Hall and Oates has my vote!”

1. Mark McDavid says:

number one hits yes
    popular yes
    great performers yes
    music we will carry with us as long as we live Yes

do they deserve a place in the rock and roll hall of fame

2. Rob says:

There is NO WAY with all the hits and popularity these guys have that they should not ALREADY be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I went there twice and was disappointed to see so many artists that did NOT deserve to be in there. Granted there are many that do, however there are also many in there already that do not. It’s a shame that it is controlled the way it is by record exec.’s and some other dumb fools that base their opinion on things that are not relevant with the facts and the longevity of reality. They should let the people and the sales be a factor, not some dumb opinions of the exec.’s I will never go there again if they don’t start to realize that WE the PEOPLE want truly GREAT artists like HALL and OATES instead of some that are in truly by political ways.

3. Melissa says:

Hall & Oates need to be inducted into the Rock N’ Roll Hall of Fame because, for me and so many others, they are American icon of the 1980′s. They set trends in terms of emotionally uplifting and popular music, clothing, hairstyles, and music video techniques. You can’t get much better than the video for “Out of Touch”: we have the feathered hair, the fist pump, the interpretive dance and expressive facial gestures, the sultry masculine sex appeal, the catchy gimmick video. These guys represent prolific music-makers. I mean, if you look on YouTube, you will continually find songs you loved but may not have realized were done by Hall & Oates. These gentlemen deserve recognition by the industry and by the nation that they make great music and defined their decades. We owe them this in payment and appreciation for using their gifts to give us music to make memories by.

4. Casey says:

I just found out today how they’re not in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame through the Rachael Ray show and couldn’t believe it! There are few things in life that make me truly happy, but Hall & Oates’ music just touches something in me EVERYTIME I hear their songs. I always find myself singing along & smiling!

5. Mary says:

Please these guys are more than deserving to be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!!!
    Can’t get enough of them. Unless you have a tin ear, eveything they did and do is exceptional! They paid their dues and well deserve to be inducted…

6. Cindi says:

I visited the Rock n’ Roll Hall of Fame Museum this past Sunday and actually spent 6 hours in total enjoyment. While watching footage of many concerts, acceptance speeches, and so on, I was shocked to realize the Hall and Oates were not inducted. What the heck? Grandmaster Flash, Blondie, Beastie Boys, DR. JOHN? and no Hall and Oates? They are so deserving, but as many have said, it is almost a slap in the face to be nominated this late in the game. I’m sure they would accept graciously, but we all know Hall and Oates should have been inducted YEARS AGO.
    Thanks for letting me voice my concern!

7. Cindi says:

*I was shocked to realize THAT Hall and Oates…

8. Jake says:

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is such a joke. They leave people out like The Cars, Steve Miller, and most importantly, Hall & Oates.

9. Erin says:

YES!! They need to be in the rock and roll hall of fame!

10. Diane says:

Love, Love, Love Hall and Oates!! Their music takes me back but also has withstands time! Both guys have come back out with such great new music as well!
    DH Laughing Down Crying and JO’s Mississippi Mile!! both are fantastic!
    They SO deserve to be in Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!!

11. Trish says:

Love them, best halloween costume ever. They totally need to be in the hall of fame.

12. Alex S says:

Please add them to hall of fame !!! they completely deserve it !!

13. samuel villar says:

Great musicians. Their music can surpass different generations since I wasnt born yet when they started but I can still appreciate their music and look at Live from Daryl’s House.com and they can still jam with new artists. They SO deserve to be in Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!!

14. Kelly F says:

So very deserving on the honer.

15. so may says:

They are brilliant –should definitely be in Hall of Fame

16. KathyM says:

Hall @ Oates are highly talented artists and their music span generations. They should be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. They have earned it.

17. Laverne Music says:

Aaawwwwwwwwww … Hall & Oates should DEFINITELY be inducted! I remember them from their beginnings (which didn’t go wildly popular) – especially their early Folk Music! And then later, songs like Sara Smiles! Love them!!!

18. Jen Green says:

Love Hall & Oates! Should definitely be in Hall of Fame

19. Natalie C says:

I can’t believe they are not in the Hall of Fame. This needs to happen, now.

20. Cindy R says:

Hall & Oates…. not in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame…. all is not right with the world.

21. Carol W says:

I looked at who is in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Hall and Oates stand far above many of the inductees in many ways. I have loved these guys for years and can’t believe the music community would snub such outstanding talent – shame on them!!

22. Callie Ray says:

I want Hall & Oates to be in the RRHOF so that they can prove to everyone that they are worthy enough to be inducted.

23. Shelly Orr says:

Sorry so late… These guys are the best. They still are my favorites :) I can always count on them to put me in a good mood :) they so so so deserve to be in :) So whoever is in charge of the RRHOF REALLY,REALLY!!!! I say YES, PLEASE!!! ROCK ON HALL AND OATES :)

24. Penny Winkler says:

There music is timeless. Many hits that Covers many generations. Why shouldn’t they be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. There is no reason and they should have been there years ago. Lets do the right thing and put them there now!

25. Mark D says:

I agree 1000000% that H&O should be in the Hall of Fame.
    Until then I call it the Hall of Shame
    The biggest selling duo of all time!!!! That and being fantastic is more than enough.
    I have seen them many times and always a treat.
    Good to see you are a booster RR.

26. Glenn says:

This post is well over three years old now and still not even a hint that H & O are even being thought of induction. The HOF cannot be consider anything other than a Cleveland point of interest not a legitimate nor official Rock and Roll authority.

27. Barbara says:

WOW-so hard to believe Darryl & John are still being ignored for induction into the RocknRoll Hall of Fame. Guess they need to put out some garbage songs to make it in lieu of the great music they continually give us to enjoy. Their music is always fresh-none have become “oldie-goldies” because they produce timeless music and lyrics. Let’s make this the year it happens!

28. Shannon Marie P says:

I LOVE Hall & Oates!!! Hall & Oates music truly has been a soundtrack to my teenage years. Those were some of the Best memories of my life. In those days, there was no MTV or TRL, there was only “Night Tracks”. Remember that? I would stay up all night during the summertime waiting and waiting for them to play Hall & Oates’ videos. They have paved the way for many of the rock groups today and they are still rocking today. They are super talented writers, musicians and producers. PLEASE induct them into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!! They deserve it!!!!

29. Tim V says:

I believe Hall and Oates is the greatest music duo ever. Their music has been a part of my life since I was a child. Please induct them into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!!! No group deserves it more than them!!!

30. Hope Holmesby says:

I LOVE Hall and Oates. My favorite may be ‘You make my dreams come true’ or Rich Girl, or Your Kiss is on My List…plus many others. Yes, you should absolutely be the the Rock and Roll Hall of fame. You guys have given me many many years of bliss. Lots of love to you both. ROCK AND ROLL HALL of FAME….here you go.

31. Melinda B. says:

I agree with alot of people when they say–INDUCT this duo into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!! Everyone loves them! Their songs are just so wonderful and they have true musical talent. They deserve to be in the Hall of Fame –for sure!!

32. Ron E. says:

Got to Love ‘em! I only listen to them, and I was born in the 90′s. They made a big impression on me, and always will! The deserve to be in the Hall.

33. Arlene T. says:

I’ve been a fan of H&O since the beginning. Daryl Hall and John Oates are true musicans. Since the early 80s, I’ve seen them numerous times in concert and can attest to their incredible talent though their music. Not many musicians can sing or play well live in concert but Hall & Oates does every single time. They’ve contributed so much to the music industry since the 70s and I know their music will continue to influence generations to come. Daryl Hall and John Oates, you deserve to be in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. Thank you for sharing your music with the world!

34. hit film says:

Heya i am for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It truly helpful & it helped me out a lot. I’m hoping to present something again and aid others such as you aided me.

35. Katie says:

I recently saw Hall & Oates and it actually re-awakened a new found love and appreciation for their timeless music. I can remember hearing Hall and Oates all throughout my childhood, and now as an adult, I still remember the words to all of their hits, and am now discovering what well-rounded musicians they are with their solo stuff. They’re legends and the honour of being inducted into the Rock and roll Hall of Fame is long overdue!