Evette

Today’s Show & Thanksgiving Decor

I hope that you guys got a chance to check out today’s Ultimate Tip-Off, Holiday Edition! It was so great to be introduced by Michael “Let’s get Ready to Rumble” Buffer. It was seriously one of the best things ever, and winning the tip off wasn’t half bad either, Brooke Peterson was a worthy opponent though!!

If you didn’t get a chance to see it you can see some of the backstage tip filled footage here!

Unbelievably, Thanksgiving is right around the corner, geesh, time really does fly! So I wanted to pass on some no-nonsense, easy peasy Thanksgiving decor ideas. Here goes!

- Create vegetable pillar candles with double stick tape and some of your favorite veggies, green beans, asparagus & artichokes

- Use corn husks to cover bud vases or votive candle holders

- Decorate the entrance to your home by using pumpkins stacked on one another with your house
numbers on them. You can either carve the numbers into them or push nailheads or buttons into
them. Try pumpkins in colors other than orange for something more unexpected.

- Fill a beautiful bowl or smaller votives, I tried it with a silver plated one and wood one, with a
mixture of whole bean coffee and nuts and put votive candles in them. The warm of the candles
exudes the scent of the coffee.

- Use wine glasses to create a centerpiece, put the glasses upside down with a little bit of fall
leaves inside, then stick a votive candle on the stem – OR- Use the glasses right side up, stick a
tapered candle in each one and put nuts or beans around the candle to hold it up, run these down
the table or across the mantle for instant impact!

-Purple cabbage can make a gorgeous centerpiece, just furl back some of the leaves and tuck
flowers into them, try flowers in colors that coordinate.

-This is a fun idea for using Jello in an out of the box way, mix jello with 1/2 the amount of
water and stick flowers into semi firm jello then re-refrigerate. The result is stunning, this one I did for August issue of Everyday with Rachael Ray, but in a fall color would look just awesome!

-Create herb covered votives, all you need is a glue gun, rosemary, bay leaves and beans to
create these deliciously foodie candles.

Check out the video of me and Jorge Cazzorla of Celebrate Flowers creating some of these!

Herb Votives from rachaelray.com on Vimeo.

- Stick asparagus into little pots filled with beans for a clever and easy centerpiece.

-Create this super simple table decor ideas with one bouquet of store bought flowers, tall thin
glasses and dry beans.

-You can make just about any vegetable into a vase or candle holder, group them together on a
large serving tray for maximum impact.

-Tirered trays can be a wonderful framework for beautiful holiday centerpiece. Fill each tier
with ornaments in Thanksgiving colors, acorns, nuts and sprigs of herbs. If you don’t have
tiered trays use plates in three different sizes with cups in between.

What are all of you doing for Thanksgiving? Let me know what some of your holiday tabletop ideas are!

xo

Evette

You can check out what Evette is doing by joining her facebook page or following her on twitter!

35 Responses to “Today’s Show & Thanksgiving Decor”

1. Tammy says:

Did anyone get the Carmel Pumkin cupcake recipe ??!!
    My Mom Would LOVE to have it

2. Annette says:

Hi All-
    I missed the first part of the Holiday Tips segment with Evette. . . UGGGHHH! In any case, I came in on the tail-end of the doilies that were used as a stencil on the window. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT THE WHITE SPRAY WAS??? I

3. Sherry 51 says:

It was snow in a can

4. Sherry 51 says:

I’m looking for the Carmel Pudding Cupcake recipe too.

5. Laura says:

Great show! I also saw a blurb about Martha Stewart’s comments on Nightline, and your response…. I just wanted to tell you that I was very impressed with your humble and respectful response. So many others in Hollywood would have gotten offended, and then rumors of a feud start flying. It just goes to show Rachel that you are indeed a down to earth gal with lots of maturity and integrity!
    Blessings to you and have an awesome Thanksgiving!!

6. Lisa says:

would love the recipe for the pumpkin eggnog.. can’t find it on the site

7. caroline says:

I didn’t know where else to post this but…I just read Martha Stewart’s snotty comments about Rachael’s skills. I think Rachael’s response clearly shows who has more C-L-A-S-S which trumps skills any day ;)

8. Lori says:

Dear Rachael, I really enjoy wathcing your show when I can but I do need to tell you this, YOu and Sara Ramirez really look like sisters,,, when are you gonna have her on your show again??

9. Joan O'Connor says:

Hi,
    I am looking for the traveling tips with kids you said would be posted on the website today and the pumpkin cupcake recipe also talked about on today’s show. Also is there any way to watch an episode if I should miss one? Also I am curious why Rachael is wearing a different wedding ring. If someone could email this info I would appreciate it. I Love the show keep up the great work.

10. Jackie Allen says:

Rachel, your response to Martha’s comments showed tremendous grace and integrity. Thank you for being a truly great example for us all. Your warmth and talent far exceed others in your field. You make your viewers feel welcome. Watching your show makes me feel as though I’m having coffee with a best friend! Wishing you a blessed holiday season!

11. Bethany says:

i just wanted to say your response to martha’s comments was very classy! i wish more famous feueds could be exstinished so easliy! it shows your maturity! thanks for being classy!

12. liz says:

i also would like the pumkin nog recipe i also cant find it

13. Angie says:

Thw white can stuff for the dollies was snow in a can you can buy it at walmart

14. devonna says:

I’m looking for both the pumpkin eggnog and the carmel pudding cupcakes

15. Mary says:

Did anyone get the stuffing recipe made with apples? I think it was on Tues. 11/17 show.

16. Sue says:

The purveyor of all things gracious showed a complete lack of grace appearing with you and in her comments. (She was similarly rude with Paula Deen.
    Love you and Paula for many reasons but mainly because you are REAL! Several of my “foodie” mags are up for renewal. I think I will back up my frustration with rudeness, arrogance and a complete lack of grace by renewing Rach and Paula and rethinking myh commitment to the other “brand. Rachel, tell your Momma she raised you well. Class!

17. janet says:

racheal, i remember you using egg cartons to mold some type of cheese dish to use on an old show? help…..can’t find this.

18. p rosie says:

can you pleasegive me the proper instructions on how to carve a whole turkey into parts as per your show today. thankyou so much as i told my wife I would find out for her.again thankyou PR.

19. p rosie says:

Sorry its me again we also need the recipe on how to cook the turkey pieces ie temp ect.

20. SALLIE says:

Did anyone find the eggnog made with vanilla pudding
    and I think soy milk?

21. Jen says:

I’m also looking for the pumpkin eggnog???

22. Jen says:

Hi-for all of you looking for the pumpkin eggnog-I found it! Go to this website http://www.hungrygirl.com and put in pumpkin eggnog under search…

Happy Drinking and Happy Thanksgiving!

23. Nancy says:

Hi all,
    I caught the “Thanksgiving in 60 minutes” show and would love the recipe for the green bean with apple cider reduction and Carmelized Onions. I found the Carmelized onions with green beans but alas NO apple cider. Does anyone remember it? Thanks for the help.

24. Nancy says:

One more thing. The pumpkin soup recipe?? Any ideas on where I might find it? Sure would make my group happy if I could serve it!

25. JayDee says:

I am looking for the recipes from Rachael’s 60 minute Thanksgiving Part II. Does anyone have the recipes for the two appetizers: garbanzo beans and the second is the olives in the oven. Would appreciate any help. Regards

26. Michelle Law says:

Rachael,
    Todays show about adopting rescue pets blew me a way. I was so moved, i wanted to call Somebody and grab up that beautiful chow puppy. The only thing stopping me, was I would be sleeping in a dog house of my own if I had. My husband and I already have 7, yes, SEVEN, rescue animals. 4 dogs( 2 pit bulls), 2 farrets, and a cat. We frequently find lost and stray animals which we take home, nurse back to health and work to find their owners or new homes for them. Get this, we live in town, I would hate to think how large our family would grow if we lived in the country. My Christmas wish is for 2 million animals to get adoped in to homes. Thanks for working so hard to save these four legged friends.

27. Andrea NYC says:

Dear Rachel,

When will Evette Rios be on your show again? She is so creative and I love her personality.

Andrea NYC

28. Lori says:

Besides Shop it to Me, what was the other website that was talked about on the show for on line shopping?

29. JJ says:

Rachael, you had some guy on your show on Friday that gave you a few websites for deals on shopping clothes, gadgets, etc.

Thanks

30. JJ says:

Sorry you mentioned you had the websites listed on your website, but can’t find them?

Can you help….

31. Joanne says:

Looking for the website with the free coupons mentioned a few days ago on the show.

32. Mary says:

Does any one know where to sigh up for the lunch box?

33. Rick says:

Did anyone ever get the recipe for the carmel pudding cupcakes? I’d like it too.

34. Sian says:

Love the unusual pumkins with house number.
    Will defnitely do!

35. Electra says:

Evette- you are class and grace personified! I’ve used monogram decals on hurricanes, votives, and even pumpkins for that touch of personalization. We’ve come out with *NEW* houndstooth and zebra vinyl for that extra fun punch. The offer always stands for you to use Electra’s Monograms in any demo! Happy Thanksgiving!