Last minute lady

TV PERSONALITY RACHAEL RAY TO DONATE MORE THAN $750,000 TO PETS IN NEED

The Best Selling Author Donates Her Proceeds to Animal Charities from Her Line of Dog Food Nutrish and new Treats Called Just 6®

Ray Has Partnered with Best Friends Animal Society® To Set Up Pop-Up Pet Adoption Events In 12 U.S. Markets She Will Visit Before The End of the Year

New York, NY (November 5, 2010) Daytime host, bestselling author and animal lover Rachael Ray announced today that she will be donating $775,000 to support charities, organizations and shelters that help animals in need by the end of 2010, bringing the total amount donated from her proceeds to more than $1.4 million.

In 2008, heartbroken by the thought of the millions of mistreated and abandoned animals taken in by shelters each year, Rachael partnered with Ainsworth Pet Nutrition® to develop a line of super premium dog food called Rachael Ray Nutrish and a line of treats called Just 6®, both of which are sold nationally.  As part of the partnership, Rachael donates 100% of her proceeds from each sale to organizations dedicated to helping at-risk animals through rescue, adoption, medical care and educational programs, along with training and outreach initiatives.  This major donation is being funded directly from those proceeds.

“It truly brings a smile to my face to know that this money will help so many animals who just need someone to care for them,” said Ray.  ”This donation should be credited to our loyal consumers and retailers across the U.S. who purchase Nutrish and Just 6 because they to want to help provide for animals that were abandoned or mistreated.  For this, I am truly grateful.”

As part of the donation, Rachael has partnered with the Best Friends Animal Society® to create pop-up pet adoption events in 12 markets that Rachael will visit as part of a nationwide book tour she is embarking on in support of her 18th cookbook release entitled :Look + Cook.”  Rachael Ray Nutrish and Best Friends, a nonprofit, membership organization building no-kill programs and partnerships, have identified and partnered with local area animal shelters and organizations that will help facilitate onsite adoptions, provide information about animal cruelty and help build awareness about Rachael Ray Nutrish and Just 6 donation programs.

Each local partner organization will receive a donation that Rachael will personally make in markets including Washington D.C., Chicago, New York, Los Angeles, Dallas, Atlanta, San Jose and Nashville.

In addition, Rachael will be making donations to national organizations dedicated to the care, support and rehabilitation of animals, including The ASPCA, The North Shore Animal League and The Best Friends Animal Society.

About Ainsworth Pet Nutrition®

Ainsworth Pet Nutrition® is a fifth generation family owned and operated company named after one of the company founders, George Ainsworth Lang. The company is focused entirely on pets, catering to all segments of the pet food industry. Ainsworth Pet Nutrition has three business units including DAD’S Pet Care®, Ainsworth Specialty BrandsTM and Ainsworth CustomTM. The company makes pet food at all ends of the product spectrum, from brands that offer sound nutrition and convenience to ultra premium specialty foods. Ainsworth Pet Nutrition is committed to food safety and manufactures all of its pet food in the United States using whole grains and quality meats that can be traced throughout the entire supply chain. To learn more, visit www.ainsworthpets.com.

About Rachael Ray Nutrish and Just 6®

In 2008, Rachael partnered with Ainsworth Pet Nutrition, a company formed by Dad’s Pet Care and Hampshire Pet Products, to develop a line of super premium dog food and treats called Rachael Ray Nutrish.  100% of Rachael’s proceeds from each sale are donated to support Rachael’s Rescue (www.rachaelsrescue.org) which is dedicated to helping at-risk animals through adoption, medical care and educational programs, along with training and outreach initiatives.

Rachael Ray Nutrish includes two varieties of natural dog food featuring real meat as the first ingredient Real Chicken and Veggies and Real Beef and Brown Rice. There are no by-products, fillers, artificial flavors or preservatives.  Rachael Ray Nutrish Just 6® crunchy dog treats are available in beef, chicken and lamb varieties and are made with only six natural, simple ingredients.

About Best Friends:

Best Friends Animal Society® is a nonprofit, membership organization building no-kill programs and partnerships that will bring about a day when there are No More Homeless Pets®.  The society’s leading initiatives in animal care and community programs are coordinated from its Kanab, Utah, headquarters, the country’s largest no-kill sanctuary.  This work is made possible by the support of a grassroots network of members and community partners across the nation.

About Rachael Ray

Rachael Ray is best known as the host of the hit syndicated Emmy Award winning daytime television show Rachael Ray produced by CBS Television Distribution in association with Harpo Productions, Scripps Networks and Watch Entertainment. Rachael’s warmth, energy, and boundless curiosity also reaches scores of fans through her popular Food Network shows, bestselling cookbooks published by Clarkson Potter, her own line of Rachael Ray cookware created by Meyer, knives by Furitechnics, signature food ingredients by Colavita and lifestyle magazine Everyday with Rachael Ray. In 2007, Rachael launched the Yum-o! organization, a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering kids and their families to develop healthy relationships with food and cooking and in 2008 she partnered with Ainsworth Pet Nutrition to create a line of pet food of which all her proceeds are donated to organizations that help animals in need. For more information, visit www.rachaelray.com.

Click here to see Rachael’s book tour schedule.

139 Responses to “TV PERSONALITY RACHAEL RAY TO DONATE MORE THAN $750,000 TO PETS IN NEED”

1. B.U.D.D.I.E.S.in Florida really needs help. This is a noll kill rehabilitation Rescue for mainly Pits. We all know Pits are given a bad rap. Please help this Rescue.

2. Colleen Cassidy says:

Please consider helping B.U.D.D.I.E.S Rescue. Keith is a fantastic guy and without him many animals would be needlessly put to sleep.

3. Marilyn Castro says:

B.U.D.D.I.E.S. RESCUE is in desperate need of assistance. Kieth deserves to keep helping animals and so do the poor animals he helps. We need recues like B.U.D.D.I.E.S. RESCUE

4. Pam Taylor says:

Please donate food or make a money donation towards
    B.U.D.D.I.E.S. RescueJanuary 1998 to present
    Owner/Founder
    Myakka City, Florida, United States
    Dog Rescue, Rehab, Training, Adoption Center & Sanctuary

5. janice Hart says:

Please! Bow Wow!!!! It would be ever so awesome to help B.U.D.D.I.E.S rescue of Myakka City, FL

Keith takes such remarkable care of the dogs with minimal resources, a grant or even a donation of dog food would be like winning the lottery. He gives of himself to the dogs. He does miracles with the little that he has and we are all so grateful to him

6. Sharon Mervin says:

B.U.D.D.I.E.S Rescue in Myakka City, FL does a marvelous job saving dogs who would be PTS and giving them a second chance. Please consider helping this wonderful organization with a monetary grant or a gift of food for their “guests.”

7. Brenda says:

Please check out Mid-America Bully Breed Rescue. We have many foster/boarding dogs that would love to say that Isaboo sent them something!

8. Connie says:

Keith Wandell saves the lives of dogs that would otherwise be put down just because their only crime was being unwanted. Please consider BUDDIES Rescue. Thank you Rachel!

9. Judy says:

Nikki above posted about Eagle’s Den Rescue in Clarkton, NC and I agree. They do wonderful work. It’s amazing what they’ve done for Faith, Hope, and Charity. Charity didn’t make it and Hope is still dealing with serious medical issues, but Eagle’s Den is there for them. They also help a Pit momma, who now has a new home. Bella lost her puppies and was so depressed. They rescued some other puppies and Bella raised them. And now they have another Pit named Hunter who is dealing with serious medical issues. These are just a few of the animals they’ve helped. And Beth has MS. Please consider them for a donation.

10. Lori Pinkham says:

Dear Rachael Ray-Please consider helping Valhalla Canine Rescue in Graham, WA. They have been doing so much for so many animals in need with little or no funds. There are so many in need.I am so grateful that you are doing what you can to help animals. Thank you for caring so deeply.

11. Drew Cerria says:

B.U.D.D.I.E.S (Being Unselfish to Disregarded Dogs In order to create Everlasting Solutions) is an all breed rescue, rehab, sanctuary and adoption center in Myakka City, Florida. They are always struggling with funds. Any support that you can give to them would help all of the dogs. Please contact them at: (941) 322-9592.

Thank you!

12. Judy says:

eaglesdenrescue.com
    Please check out their website.

13. Lynette Elliott says:

Please consider providing B.U.D.D.I.E.S. in Mayakka City, FL with some funding. They have rescued some 8,000 dogs, many of them having been so-called “aggressive” breeds. Keith nurtures, rehabilitates and finds these animals forever homes all out of his own pockets. Anything you can provide will help him continue to do this amazing, important work to save innocent animals.

14. melinda says:

Please consider providing B.U.D.D.I.E.S. in Mayakka City, FL,http://www.buddiesrescue.org/ plz help them.

15. Jen Wilkins says:

Please consider B.U.D.D.I.E.S Rescue in Florida!

16. donna rose says:

please we need your help we are a small nonprofit rescue group in ky that runs on donations alone and our funds are running out!! and we have have about 75 animals to feed and shelter for the winter !!

17. Ann Whalen says:

I love and appreciate what you are doing for the rescues in the USA…I would like to recommend ..B.U.D.D.I.E.S rescue inc..owner and operator Keith Wandall..he recues dogs on their last leg within moments of being put to sleep… he is on facebook…please consider this wonderful rescue for food donations…this is one of his pleas on facebook…
    Donate dog food by phone…Please respond!
    B.U.D.D.I.E.S. Rescue is in need of dog food donations. Please call today and donate 1 bag, 2 bags, or 10 bags, we promise we need every little bit. Aside from other overhead costs dog food by far is our most expensive and most needed at a whopping $35k per year.
    Many Blessings Rachel…we love you in Canada..

18. Susan Bryant says:

Please consider B.U.D.D.I.E.S. Rescue in Myakka, FL. Keith works hard to keep, feed, train, and provide medicine and love to every rescue that comes to his shelter. He is in need of help as he is getting more and more dogs from ppl that can no longer take care of them due to losing their jobs and their homes.

Check out: http://www.buddiesrescue.org

THANK YOU!!!

19. debbie says:

hello, rach
    its a great what you did for our animal friends i which that i could do the same but i can’t if i could i would take in every stray that came in my yard .
    i have one cat that i found that has special needs which has to eat special food as well when we go on vacation he has to go with us i wouldnt of known this if it wasnt for the vet that at cornado hosptial they care for any animal that comes in the door he doesnts turn anyone away
    they care.

20. Stephanie Casiraghi says:

BUDDIES Rescue in Myakka City, Florida

21. cris fonville says:

Please consider New Hope Pit Bull rescue in Charleston SC. I am very ashamed to say that SC is one of the worst states for dogfighting. New Hope has gotten many dogs (grown and puppies) from 3 different busts in SC just in the past 3 months. It takes alot to try to rehabilitate and rehome these poor animals whose lives have been torture. That does not count all the others that are just basically abused, neglected and unwanted. They could really use the help! Thank you so much for all that you do. I have always thought you are a wonderful person, and now I quadruple that emotion. I hope you and your family have the Merriest of Christmases and may all your wishes come true!!!!

22. Christy says:

Please donate to a pit bull rescue like Bad Rap!!! They do amazing work!!!
    OR Pit Bull Rescue Central

I know you love this breed BUT may not want to play favorites. BUT there has never been a breed of dog in more need than pit bulls. They are my passion. I have never owned a more loving dog and will fight for my breed of choice till the day I die!
    Please consider a pit bull rescue!! Have them as represrntative on your show.. have my dogs as representative on your show. Pit bulls don’t disappoint ;)

23. Mike Souza says:

Buddies rescue of Florida could use donations and always can use food.

24. Shawn says:

I was recently shopping for dogfood at my local Wal-Mart (which I don’t normally do). I am a label reader, which you have to be these days. I was comparing all of the different kinds of dry dog food and was astonished at how the names of most of these products did not match the ingredients. I normally buy a brand called Innova, but is not available in the area I have recently moved to. I stumbled across the Nutrish by R.Ray, whom I am a fan of because she “keeps it real”. I asked myself, hmm.. what’s she got goin? I knew she had a dog. I read the lable and was immediatly sold. Then I read on and discovered that all of her proceeds go to help the animals in need. Awesome!!!! Thanks Rachael!! Keep keeping it real!!!! Shawn and Abby. P.S. Abby really likes it!!

25. Kayla Fuller says:

B.U.D.D.I.E.S. RESCUE

26. Norma says:

Please consider Pick of the Litter, Hiram, Georgia

27. Norma says:

B.U.D.D.I.E.S Rescue,in Myakka, FL http://www.buddiesrescue.org

28. Norma says:

Please consider Sabbath Rescue in Florida

sabbathrescue.net

29. Sandra Wade says:

Just curious as to when the announcement will be made as to which rescues Rachel has chosen? I am hoping that you are aware that several large pet food companies have discontinued their donations to rescues and shelters which is creating disaster for many of them. Purina, Hills and Proctor & Gamble have stopped, several shelters prvately run have runout of food. So many of us are eagerly awaiting you selections, and I hope it includes Rural GA Rottie Rescue!

30. robert lower says:

i hope you read this and not just the girls working for you,just a short on your running,get off the tailmill and get outside,it a whole new world out there you see something new everyday and every 4 months as the seasons change i run 6 maths 26 miles runs,all run outside some in shely frosty state park above 5 miles from me

above the pets think you for god gaving the money and having ready care above are pets not like so many so call stars that talks above the pets of the world but does nothing you are ready trying help all the pets you can,i just hope you not 2 late,i lost zoe on dec 17 2010 above the same time endland get hit buy snow,the west couse 7 days of nonestop rain ,miss memphis where zoe is at rest,they went to the east couse and snow everybody in,i hope it not late,try and keep up everything you doing we need someone that cares above are pets and not just theyself and nobody esle

i need to stop here so i do not stay pasher to everyone

may are lord bess you and everything you try to do

31. We are a small no-kill nonprofit dog rescue. We are trying to make a difference in our area! We work very hard to help as many dogs as we can and could really use help providing them with a dog food all the time! Please consider helping a worthy rescue. Thank you for all you do! Let us know if you will be in the Athens/Atlanta Georgia area!

32. Jenifer says:

Love what you are trying to do for shelters – I pray you guys did your research, if at all possible, make sure the money’s are being used for the ANIMALS & not someone’s pockets. People not overseeing donated funds is scary — look at Haiti! We do all we can to help animals/shelters — God Bless you for helping!

33. Nola says:

Doberman rescue of Nebraska would appreciate any help they can get. The Doberman has a bad name but they are very loving and a gentle giant of a dog. There is a reason they are called the velcro dog, as they love their people very much and want to be next to them all of the time. We have rescued two Doberman’s so far, we always have two dogs at home, so the next time we have to replace one we will always go to rescue first for our next Doberman.

34. I am a 76 year old widow who also lost a daughter in 2008. While I was staying with her before she passed away my daughter began to rescue animals (especially cats) and my home is now overrun with animals. There is no way that I can take care of all these animals (my daughter does not work) and unless I can get some type of help they will have to go to the animal shelter where they will be put to sleep. Do you have any type of help for someone in my position? If you are sincere in your desire to help and rescue animals, I will hear from you. HELP!!!

35. Correction of misspelled name. Sorry.

36. Deborah from Staten Island says:

Rachael you rock!!!!! I enjoy watching your show so much and i always knew that you were an animal lover but i did not know about your donations. There should be more people like you in this world. You, Ellen and Oprah are all so fabulous. The world is so much a better place because your all in it!!!!! Love to you, John and your sweet doggie. May god bless you all!!!!! Oh and i sure hope that someone helps Damaris. Feel bad i can’t help, wish i could. God bless Damaris too!!!!!

37. WAKE-UP-PEOPLE says:

DON’T SUPPORT A SCAMMER FAUX RESCUE SUCH AS BUDDIES. EVERYONE WHO COMMENTED EARLIER REQUESTING HELP FOR THAT EVIL GUY IS NOW EXPOSING HIM FOR THE REAL DIRT BAG HE IS! LIAR, CROOK & ANIMAL ABUSER!