The Cleaning Lady loves using using natural or common household products for other uses – I’ve written blogs and using vinegar, lemons, and baking soda to clean your house. Toothpaste is another miracle worker. It can clean shoes, walls, polish jewelry, you name it. The key is you need to use the traditional white paste kind of toothpaste – don’t try the gel variety or you will have a giant mess. Here are just some of the ways you can use toothpaste beyond brushing your teeth:
- Rub into scuffed shoes with a clean dry soft cloth and wipe off with a damp clean cloth.
- Wipe crayon marks off the wall by applying with a clean cloth and rubbing off with a damp one.
- Clean piano keys by applying toothpaste with a toothbrush and wipe clean with a damp cloth.
- Clean your chrome facets and drains with toothpaste on a toothbrush. Rinse.
- Clean jewelry by using a soft tooth brush, rinse and dry with a soft cloth.
- You can quickly fill a nail or other small hole in your wall if you’re out of spackle. Fill the hole with toothpaste and let dry.
- Get rid of water rings on wood by rubbing toothpaste into the mark, rubbing off excess with a soft cloth, let dry and apply furniture polish.
I also have heard of using toothpaste as a pimple, cold sore, and insect sting remedy. Did we miss anything?