img_0027
Last minute lady

Rach celebrates Cooking Channel’s first year

Scripps Networks, owners of Food Network spawned a new channel last year called The Cooking Channel which currently carries Rachael’s show, Week in a Day, for one.  Yesterday, they celebrated their one year anniversary! Rachael took time out of her taping schedule to join in the festivities and give thanks to the network president, Brooke Johnson, also Rachael’s good friend. Rachael was joined by a few other Cooking Channel stars, namely Nadia G of “Bitchin’ Kitchen”, Kelsey Nixon of “Kelsey’s Essentials”, and Ben Sargent of “Hook, Line and Dinner”.

Now, I must admit, I am no video camera woman, but I used this as an opportunity to try out my new video camera! The result is very blurry!  But I still wanted to share it with you because it was such a fun event and I wanted to show you that I will be on the move getting more and more Rach videos that will get better and better. So don’t be too hard on me and have a look:

6 Responses to “Rach celebrates Cooking Channel’s first year”

1. Lacie says:

So me and my husband watch your show everyday and were always wanting to see something we could make at home. and everything looks soo good to me but the biggest problem is that my husband will not eat any veggies. any suggestions??

2. Peggy says:

do you have a web site to receive your week in a day recipes, I would like to subscribe to a newsletter, I love the new show, congrats

3. Nadia says:

Hi Rachael,

I wish i could say i am watching your show everyday but this is not the case, i was deported after 4 years living in my sweet USA the only thing i miss most is the shows of foodnetwork, it s amazing how you and your collegues are working and buiding or creating new recipes, with a such distinguished soul of creativeness and humblness at the same time. It s just amazing, and i feel so sorry and sad and sometimes i even cry because i can´t enjoy and learn from those shows anymore, i can t watch it in the website either, here in Spain there is a version of your show of 30 minutes dinner but it s so boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. ilovebradpaisleyandrachaelray says:

i <3 u rachael.

5. michael says:

i was watching the show today with the girl who was a supertester. i noticed some black spots on her teeth and think she also has severe dental problems mostly cavities and her mother should be encouraged to get her to a dentist ASAP.

6. Doreen says:

Love, love, love your week in a day. Made the roast leg of lamb, my first ever attempt. I have always wanted to make lamb because I enjoy it out, but it is an expensive piece of meat to practice with. After watching the show (and rewatching) I felt confident. The parchment package method made for a easy cleanup. It was phenomenal! I have made 8 of the dinners so far. Making the braised chicken and mushroom dinner tonight!