Pet Lovers

Rachael Ray partners with the ASPCA to help homeless pets!

Exciting news – Earlier this year we told you that Rachael Ray and the ASPCA have partnered together for the 2012 ASPCA Rachael Ray $100K Challenge!

The $100K Challenge is a groundbreaking competition that inspires animal shelters across the country to get more cats and dogs out of shelters and into the loving homes they deserve.

Watch Rachael’s video and learn more about the $100K Challenge, and how you can help!

You can vote once a day for your favorite shelter at http://www.votetosavelives.org

13 Responses to “Rachael Ray partners with the ASPCA to help homeless pets!”

1. deb says:

Rachael….I think you are doing something great with your $100k challnege with the ASPCA. Only thing is for me…i cant vote for one shelter over another…i want all of the dogs, cats, etc to be saved. i have 5 dogs…and 3 are rescue dogs…all 3 were abused..but have come a long way…..oh my gosh….when they finally trust you and know they won’t be hurt, that is one of tne best things that can happen to a pet owner.

2. We love the way you support rescue shelters. You are doing so many good things. We are a small non profit rescue that has been very active for about 3 years. We are searching for a building and trying to raise money in any way possible. We are working out of a groomers shop now and it is exploding with animals. Please let us know if there is any way at all you could help or if you have a program we could get involved with. Thanks for everything you do.

3. Lisa Giknis says:

I own a dog store in Lake George NY and support my local ASPCA and Adirondack Save a stray raising money and doing pet adoptions. I also auctioned off a log dog bed last year and the money raised went to Adirondack Save a Stray. I have lots of customers who aquired their dogs from shelters, and is incredible to hear their stories. GREAT thing you are doing and I will continue to do my part to help these animals!

4. This organization is a no kill group taking in cats & dogs to save their lives. Many volunteers giving their time, love & resources to save lives of precious animals.

5. Nanc says:

I’d like to vote for a shelter not listed, and know that isn’t possible, because contests don’t work like that. I wish it was though, because the place needs Serious help. I’ve been adopting cats from there since I was young (last 20 years). Everytime I’ve gone in there, even 20 years ago, I get grossed out by the condition of the place. Very flea infested, the animals are dirty and they seem low staffed. I know the people work there because they want to and love animals, but it’s not a clean environment for the animals or people. I also notice that alot of the animals are sick, which passes onto other animals, and it’s not fair to them being that us humans are the ones responsible. The shelter is in Plainfield NJ on Rock Avenue. The name is “The Plainfield Animal Shelter”. If anything can be done for them, it would mean the world to me, and also the people around. I’ve Dropped off food and other donations, as well as others I see. We try, but there’s only so much we can do.

6. Andrea K says:

It’s such a great idea for people on the public eye to raise awareness. Please continue and remind everyone to go to a shelter to adopt a pet instead of a puppy mill or store. There are so many animals out there alone, hurt , abandoned or abused. Responsible pet owners neuter their pets, don’t let them roam freely and make sure they have all their shots on time. Thank you Rachael for all you do!

7. Kat Wyant says:

Bravo! We adopted a great dog from a shelter. We got him the day before they were going to euthanize him. I so glad we could save him. He is smart enough to figure out how to turn door nobs, lol. And he’s dumb enough to chew up my son-in-law’s shoes, lol.

8. Gia says:

I am an extreme couponer and educate people all over Long Island on how to save money. I run a money saving/deal website as well and recently started donating a portion of my coupon classes to food pantries , and now working on 2 local animal shelters on Long Island. I think this is an awesome idea what you are doing and anything I can do to help…please let me know. :)
    my site is http://www.licouponqueen.com
    Check out what we bought so far for our animal shelters :)

9. Donna says:

As an owner of a Pit Bull I would love to see this money go towards a sheller that rescues them. Maybe they could use part of it to educate the public that not all Pit Bulls are bad!

10. We would like to offer to a number of the competing shelters the opportunity for their participating Veterinarians to be trained in non-surgical neutering of male dogs. This is an FDA approved product that requires only sedation (not general anesthesia), takes only 2 minutes, is effective, non-reversible and is extremely cost effective. Shelters should be able to save thousands (hundreds of thousands of dollars depending on the number of dogs neutered) that could then be used for additional adoption programs and outreach programs. Please review our website, http://www.arksciences.com and please contact me at 754-264-2136 or e-mail me at mbraun@arksciences.com
    Michael Braun, DVM

11. I appreciate that you are working hard and donating a large sum of money to save shelter pets’ lives. However, I noticed that at least some of the shelters on the list are high kill shelters (2 high kill shelters listed are in Houston and one has a kill rate as high as 89%), so my question is, is there any qualifications or restrictions about how these shelters can use this money if they win? If there aren’t, how do you know that they won’t use your money to buy more Fatal Plus? Also, one of the Houston shelters says if they win, they will use the money to buy a Mobile Adoption Vehicle. But in early 2010, a volunteer arranged to have a bus was donated to this shelter to be used for mobile adoptions. A famous local artist volunteered to paint it for free. Yet, the bus is nowhere to be found. I now hear that the shelter couldn’t figure out who would drive the bus or how to get insurance. They waited so long that the donor withdrew their offer.

How do you know that they won’t do the same thing with your money if they win? I’m just curious.

Thanks for your dedication to animal causes.

12. andrea says:

I’d like to suggest PAWS Chicago, the largest no-kill shelter in the Midwest, where we got our dog, Elektra.

13. Barbara says:

I rescued Jack. There are so many dogs that fall between the range of “Lassie” and “Kujo” and all need a chance to be rescued. A firefighter doesn’t check the criminal record of the occupants in a building fire before rescuing them, why can’t animal “rescuers” do the same. All animals need to be rescued regardless of their history. It was so sad to hear my vet say to me that there is no place for bad dogs to go and it was even sadder for me to hear no feeling in her voice when she said it. Please only support true animal rescuers; those who see a Lassie in every animal.