Are you obsessing over everything Pumpkin Spice right now like me? It’s officially Fall and I’m addicted!! In fact, as I write this I’m burning one of those Pumpkin Spice scented candles and it’s really getting me in Fall spirit. See, I told you. Addicted!
There’s something so warm and comforting about the combination of spices that make up pumpkin pie spice. Clove, cinnamon, ginger, allspice and nutmeg are spices are a magical combination when tossed together and really do add a Fall flare to so many dishes from savory to sweet. Most people think of pumpkin spices only as a pie or baked good enhancer, but it really is incredible in so many other recipes like dips, spreads, sauces, soups and stews. And one of my new favorite ways to use it is to flavor cream cheese. It’s such an easy thing to do and so delicious and it adds a nice little touch to a breakfast or brunch spread. It even makes a delicious sandwich spread for the kiddos lunch-boxes in lieu of boring old peanut-butter. Use it as a dip or spread it on sliced bread, bagels or even muffins and you have yourself one delicious and festive Fall treat.
Pecan, Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container of whipped cream cheese (you may use “light” cream cheese if you choose to)
- 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin (use the plain pumpkin kind not the pumpkin pie stuff)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup pecans coarsely chopped
1. In the bowl of an electric mixer, whisk together cream cheese, pumpkin, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice until creamy and well incorporated, about 1 minute.
2. Remove bowl from mixer and stir in pecans by hand. Serve alongside your favorite bagels, muffins or toast. Enjoy!
Christina Stanley-Salerno is a mama, recipe developer, food stylist, photographer and blogger atTakeBackYourTable.com. She loves cooking for and with her family. Life is hectic, but Christina is passionate about mealtime because she believes that family meals are the glue that holds everyone together. Creating simple, quick and healthy meals is her specialty and her trick to keeping the family meal a reality, even on busy weeknights.
Follow her on Twitter @TakeBackTables