Okey dokey we’re in the final stretch of getting all dolled up, partying ‘til we drop, and dealing with those annoying little fashion 911s that always happen at the wrong time. But fear not, Gangnam Style fixes are here. Gangnam Style she says??? That’s correcto. I did some research to find out exactly what Gangnam Style is so here you go: Gangnam means south (nam) of the river (gang) in Korean and it’s become the wealthiest area in South Korea. So Gangman is seen as where peeps are rich, girls pretty, fashionistas rule, all is cool and you have ‘swag’. So, with that as my inspiration I share some fast ‘n cool ways to deal with your fashion malfunctions, dance the nite away and avoid a possible night behind bars (and I’m not referring to your fave drinking hauntsJ). Wuppa Gangnam Style. ..…and Happy New Year!
1. Deodorant marks on your ‘lil black dress?
- Use the foam rubber from your dry cleaning hanger or baby wipes
2. Pills on a sweater?
- Rub in one direction with nailbrush or pumice stone
- Turn your flat iron into a mini press for your cotton or polyester tops. Lightly spritz with water …always best to err on holding iron a shorter time to insure you banish and don’t burn away those wrinkles
4. Static cling?
- Rub with a fabric dryer sheet
Article continues below...
5. Loose button?
- Apply a coat of clear nail polish on top of button’s threads
6. Stuck zipper?
- Apply lip balm to zipper teeth and rub it up and down several times. You can also use a pencil since the lead acts as a lubricant…Be sure to do it multiple times or you’ll wind up like moi ‘stuck’ on Today Show with Kathie Lee ‘n Hoda…Oh well, that’s why I’m known as The Accidental Housewife and not Martha LOL!
7. Tangled jewelry?
- Lubricate with few drops of baby oil and work tangle through with a safety pin. May take a few attempts. Wash oil off thoroughly with water when done.
8. Lost earring back?
- Snip pencil eraser into small discs and use them in place of your lost back and you’re good to go
9. Broken stilleto heel?
- Instant crazy glue-Hey if it can hold a guy in a hard hat to a steel beam, a heel should be no problemo! Just take a test step or two before you start doing Psy’s Gangnam Style. Crazy Glue doesn’t adhere to ALL surfaces so barefoot may be this eve’s Gangman style!
10.Lipstick stains on collar?
- Hopefully it’s your shade on your significant other’s collar or you’ll be in need of a different fix, but in hopes it’s yours, place a piece of scotch tape on it, press down on mark and quickly remove. You may have to do this a few times. Then sprinkle some baby powder and let it sit for 10-15 minutes to absorb the oil. Launder par usual…BTW if you also leave a blood stain, hydrogen peroxide will do the trick (on white shirts only as it’s a bleaching agent) and remember to wear gloves so you don’t leave any fingerprints!
For more tips from The Accidental Housewife visit Julie’s tips