Love is in the air! So whether it’s your first date, love of your life, or you are amongst the six million who will get engaged according to this Huffington Post article (and believe it or not that’s up two million from 2012!) Valentine’s Day is upon us! And, with it comes its own group of stains that unlike love are not what we want to last. Here are a few simple ways to deal with Cupid’s most common stains!
◦ LIPSTICK: With all that lip locking, there is bound to be some lipstick ending up on your man’s collar. Don’t regret those kisses, put a dollop of non-gel shaving cream on those hot lip marks, dab and rinse with club soda or water. Feel free to continue but consider going with clear gloss or ‘au natural’!
◦ CHOCOLATE: As Forest Gump said so eloquently, “I’m not a smart man . . . but I know what love is.” He also said that his momma believed “life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re gonna get.” So now that your sweetie’s satisfied your sweet tooth and you’ve consumed a whole heart shaped box of love i.e. chocolates, you also got what you didn’t expect: a glob on that sexy white silk blouse. Grab a bottle of clear hand sanitizer, squeeze some on and dab out the stain with a towel or micro-fiber cloth.
Article continues below...
◦ STRAWBERRIES: Nothing says “I Love You” like chocolate covered strawberries but no one likes a strawberry stain. Remove any access strawberry from the article of clothing with a spoon or knife, then as your touching up your doo, take aim with your aerosol can of hairspray and spritz the stain to remove.
◦ RED WINE: If you spill some red wine switch to champagne pronto which is a bit more romantic and easy to clean! Meanwhile, run some cool water through the stain, sprinkle salt on it to help lift it and finish with white wine.
◦ SWEAT STAINS: As I shared, Valentine’s Day is one of the most popular days to ‘pop’ the big question as in ‘will you marry me’ (which if you click on those words you’ll see some fun ways to propose!). But, alas, your nerves from popping the big question or being the one being proposed to can cause one to sweat and cause that lovely yellow staining. Here’s an easy RX! Just get out a big bowl, pour in enough warm water to cover the stain, and hand crush 2-6 aspirin tablets into the bowl. Once dissolved, put your white machine washable dress or tee shirt into it and let sit 2-4 hours. Then launder par usual. No problem if you get distracted calling all your loved ones to announce the big news and leave it overnight!
For more tips from The Accidental Housewife visit Julie’s tips