EveryDay - December Issue Resize post-image
Rach
by

A Note from Rach: ‘Tis the Season!

Each month, Rachael pens a personal letter to the readers of her magazine, Every Day with Rachael Ray. Here’s what Rach has on her mind this holiday season, and don’t forget to get your copy of the issue, out on newsstands now!

My favorite thing about this time of year is picking out the perfect presents—ones that are just right for the people on my list. (I once worked as a professional food buyer, betting millions of dollars of my company’s money on my knowing what people want.) When I think of the expressions on the faces of my mom, niece or close friends after they’ve opened a gift that surprised them or connected us—these are among the most valued moments of my life. So this year, I invited friends to help me do the giving; together, we’ve come up with a supercool gift guide that offers something for everyone.

I firmly believe that the biggest gift you can receive is to give. My own holiday list has grown to more than two dozen pages full of names I wish to remember during the holidays. But I think it’s important to keep in mind that gifts are not about the money. Some of the best presents—the ones that make the holidays fuller, richer and brighter—cost next to nothing. Cook an extra meal for a friend; watch a dog or a child so a pal can have a date night; help a busy buddy wrap gifts or put the toys together for Christmas morning; write not just a holiday card but a note of true gratitude to someone who has improved your life in the past year.

Of course, this is the time of year to eat, drink, gather and be merry. Thanks to all my friends and extended family for sharing their feasts with us on: Katie Lee, Evette Ríos, Michael Lomonaco, Alex Guarnaschelli and our editor-in-chief, Lauren Purcell.

If “super-quick” is your buzzword this time of year, check out our adorable “19 Fast Holiday Ideas.” Actually, with all our easy ways to decorate these sweet treats, the options are endless!

Happy, healthy holidays to all, and I wish you health, love, laughter and the joy of meaningful work in the year to come.

Love,
Rachael Ray

7 Responses to “A Note from Rach: ‘Tis the Season!”

1. Lucille Douglass says:

I like ideas

2. amber king says:

I’ve had a subscription to your magazine for at least 4 Years now and I’ve noticed for the last few months that I don’t get my magazine for weeks after the local stores have them available for sale. Its now December 12th and I’ve yet to receive my copy. I’m not sure what the cause of this problem but I hope its something that will be worked out.
    Amber King

3. Rebecca Skipper says:

Hi Rachel,
    I looked @ your entire site trying to find a way to contact someone about a product that I purchased a few months ago that has broken, the store will not take it back. I love your shows and cant afford many of your products . I had the opportunity to purchase your salt and pepper grinders and the pepper grinder has broken. I was sick, it was about the only thing I could afford and really liked it. How can I get a replacement for the pepper grinder I would love to purchase more of your products but simply can’t afford them.

I love that you do so much charity work for kids and animals, I buy some our your products for my Spanky Dog.

Have a great Christmas and keep doing good thins for kids and animals

Respectfully,
    Rebecca

• Jenn Giacoppo says:

Hi Rebecca,
      Which pepper grinder did you buy? The refillable version? If you could clarify, that would be very helpful! Thanks, Jenn, RachaelRay.com

4. Karianne Viken says:

I would like to subscribe to Every Day with Rachael Ray. I live in Norway and did subscribe three year ago. What will the price be for one or two years subscribtion?
    :) Karianne

• Jenn Giacoppo says:

Hi Karianne!
      You can check out how to subscribe to the magazine via their website, where they’ve got a promotion running right now for 2 years for $20 http://teamra.ch/JLpOMP Please verify though that this still applies to international subscribers :)
      Thanks, and take care!
      Jenn, RachaelRay.com

5. Rachael,
    Merry Christmas….
    I wanted to say thank you for your “anyone can cook” attitude….. you make me and everyone i know feel like everyday slip-ups are no big deal and can even lead to something wonderful on the kitchen table for dinner….. It’s nice to watch someone on tv that it “real”… you just keep going when and make light of a moment like when a spoon will not fit in a jar, you smile and say “thanks for not laughing at me.” cause we both know that we would be if you were in my kitchen…lol love you…

Also a big thank you for having your dishes available for free, to us that may not have other wise been able to afford them, at Shaw’s Supermarket. I got 4 of the bowls, I love your products…very durable and made for everyday use….

I have taken up enough of your time….I could go on for a while….

Christy D.