Rach
by

A Note from Rach: Ring in the New!

Each month, Rachael pens a personal letter to the readers of her magazine, Every Day with Rachael Ray. Here’s what’s on Rach’s mind for the start of 2014, and don’t forget to get your copy of the issue, out on newsstands now!

Now that the busy holidays are over, ’tis the season to slow-cook. I braise just about everything in January and February—you can even slow-cook a romantic Valentine’s Day dinner, including dessert! Take a slow ride to our delicious warm-you-up recipes and ideas. And remember—if you don’t own a slow cooker, you can always cook slow and low in your oven.

The Super Bowl is happening this year at the MetLife Stadium in New Jersey (home of my beloved Jets), and John and I will be watching from our place in upstate New York. As always, we have tons of ideas for your Bowl party: 11 easy twists on guacamole, big-batch, finger-lickin’-good wings and tips for serving it all in an over-the-top way: snack stadiums. And here’s a bonus tip: Set up an interactive buffet such as a chili bar with multiple toppings for your guests to choose from. And make it BYOB—bring your own beer!

Whenever I’m interviewed around the New Year, people ask me what’s on my resolutions list. I make a daily resolution that I will try to do better than I did the day before. Every day is a clean slate for every one of us, so, in my opinion, April 28th is as important as January 1st. Any day can be the first day of the rest of your life. My general goals for the year? To take my Italian class more seriously, read more actual (not digital) books, get back into my drum lessons… train for a half marathon? (That dream may be a mile or two too far!)

Whatever is on your list for the year, I hope it includes happiness and good health, lots of time in your kitchen and at your table with those you love and, most certainly, more sharing of good food.

Love,
Rachael Ray

17 Responses to “A Note from Rach: Ring in the New!”

1. Pamela F says:

1-6-2014

I recently purchased my first dutch oven and would like a dutch oven cook book any suggestions, please and thank you?!

2. Wendy Gent says:

Rachael
    I believe you are right that every day is a new day and can bring about new possibilities in life. Everyday can be positve or bring about positive changes. It’s all in your attitude and how you approach what comes our way. :0) That said, thank you so much for your positive mark in my life as well as others. It is through watching w my first 30 minute meals show that I learned how to cut an onion and how FUN and easy cooking could be. I love to cook and share with friends as much as I can
    Hoping so much to meet one day!! Wendy

3. husni dawood says:

hai rachal ray how are you fine this is husni dawood can you send me a cook book.

4. Deborah rusher says:

Did you use any products to lose 27 lbs and 4 dress sizes?

• Jenn Giacoppo says:

Hi Deborah,
      Thanks for writing in about this. Rachael does not endorse any products like these. Unfortunately, people try to take advantage of her name/likeness, and we work to inform her community about it to the best of our ability. Thanks! – Jenn, RachaelRay.com

5. Ann Gajadhar says:

Hi Rachael I have been receiving your magazine which I did not subscribed for. I did not see any phone number to call to cancel the subscription. I am now requesting that you please cancel the subscription of your magazine. Thank you very much in advance.
    My name is Ann Gajadhar. My phone number is [redacted by editor] in case you futher wish to contact me. Please cancel all magazines and unsubscribe any new lettters. Thank you very much in advance.

• Jenn Giacoppo says:

Hi Ann!
      Thanks so much for writing in, sorry to hear if there’s been any issue with your subscription. To contact the magazine, e-mail them at evrcustserv@cdsfulfillment.com. Please be sure to include your name and address as it appears on your magazine label, renewal notice or billing invoice. Representatives are available Monday through Friday 7am to 11pm and Saturday and Sunday 8am to 6pm Central Time. Thanks! – Jenn, RachaelRay.com

6. Rhonda Moser says:

Rachael thanks to you I now make my own chicken stock and preserve it by canning it up. My question is, HOW do you clean your cutting boards?? Wher everything from herbs, vegtables, fruits, cooked meets have been on it, without the flavors carrying over and embedding in the wood? Thank you!

7. Carol Tylka says:

I rang in the New Year with a funny Rachel Ray story. On New Year’s Eve I was playing in the backyard with my dogs. I live just outside of Chicago where it had rained, sleeted and then snowed the previous few days. I was running with my male dog having fun and I slipped on a patch of ice hidden under the snow. As soon as I hit the ground, I knew I broke my wrist! Yikes! After I got myself off the ground I knew I needed a splint to support my injured wrist. I went into the kitchen, opened my utensil drawer and there was my Rachel Ray Bamboo Tool Set Spoon. Perfect! The spoon is large enough to support the palm of my hand and my forearm. I wrapped my wrist and the spoon in a bandage and I arrived at the hospital wearing my Rachel Ray splint. Needless to say I was the hit of the ER! Several of the personnel couldn’t believe I made my own splint from a Rachel Ray Bamboo Spoon! I’m doing great! 3 more weeks in a cast and I will be fine. Looking forward to running with the dogs again soon and enjoying 2014!

• Jenn Giacoppo says:

Hi Carol!
      Oh WOW! So glad you’re healing up nicely and what a funny twist to your story. It’s so impressive how resourceful you were in the moment, and I’m glad that Rachael could be there to help you out in a moment of need! Hope you heal up quickly! :) – Jenn, RachaelRay.com

8. TERRI MAGNESS says:

Hi, I was given the magazine as a gift but did not receive it due to an address issue. I noticed that the subscription note on my account says the magazine subscription started in October 2013. I want to know if my subscription will be adjusted so that I actually receive the promised two full years of the magazine? Thank you

9. IRENE CHERNISS says:

I received a subscription of your magazine and did’t order it the label reads:
    [Personal information redacted by moderator]
    Why am I receiving it ?????
    Thank you for your response in advance.