Flavored butters are a sure-fire way to pack a big punch of flavor and value into a meal. Mixing a little bit of bold flavors like citrus and herbs into an inexpensive, creamy base (like butter, for instance) amplifies their impact and makes them incredibly versatile.
Since the butter helps to boost the flavors even farther than they’d go on their own, keep it on-hand as a quick, easy, and budget-friendly bit of mealtime magic. They can be slathered on sandwich bread, tossed with some cooked vegetables, or added to pasta or rice for a finishing touch.
Baked Tilapia with Orange-Tarragon Butter
Makes 4 servings
1 pound boneless, skinless tilapia filets
1 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning, such as Old Bay
Salt and ground black pepper
4 tbsp. butter, softened
Zest of 1 orange
Few dashes hot sauce
1 tsp. chopped fresh tarragon
2 cups baby spinach
1. Preheat an oven to 400 F.
2. Arrange the tilapia in a single layer in an oven-safe baking dish. Drizzle the olive oil over the fish. Season it with seafood seasoning and some salt and pepper.
3. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake until the fish is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
4. While the fish is baking, in a small bowl stir together the butter, orange zest, hot sauce and tarragon. Season the butter as needed with salt and pepper. Reserve.
5. Serve the warm fish alongside the spinach, along with a spoonful of the juices from the baking dish and a hearty dollop of the orange-tarragon butter.
Want more Dinner Deals? Check out: