Best of 2013-FINALb post-image
Team Rachael

The Top 13 Recipes of 2013

The recipes that made this hits list range in everything from basic staples to inventive twists on old favorites. There are also some heavenly desserts, which is no surprise!

Without further ado, let’s count down the best recipes of the year:

13. Meaty Baked Ziti

Ziti

This is just a bowl of comfort-food goodness. Prepare this easy, make-ahead dish today and bake it tomorrow.

12. Buffalo Chicken Chili

This was the No. 1 downloaded recipe from the first 180 episodes of season one of “Rachael Ray,” Rachael’s syndicated daytime show. It really is too-good-to-be-good-for-you!

11. Chewy Brownies

Brownies

Thick, chewy, toothsome, with the coveted crackly top. The recipe calls for three kinds of chocolate and is made in one bowl. You’ll never reach for a boxed mix again!

10. Crispy Roasted Chickpeas

If you’re in the mood for a salty snack to mindlessly munch, these chickpeas hit the spot.

9. Caesar Salad

Caesar

Who doesn’t love a classic Caesar? This salad can serve two as a full meal or four as a side dish.

8. Your Basic Quiche

There are so many different types of quiches you can make, but first you have to know how to make the basic pie. You can use store-bought or homemade crust, and the results will still be impressive for such a simple dish.

7. Meatloaf Meatballs with Horseradish Mash and Gravy

Meatballs

Make ahead and double the recipe for these sensational meatballs. Serve with hearty horseradish mashed potatoes and gravy.

6. Stuffed Pepper Stoup

Rachael says, “The man who owns my local oil company makes a great stuffed pepper soup, but it takes too long for me to make it for myself. Here’s a sped-up stoup version of my own. Mr. Waterhouse’s is tops, but this is a close second – if you don’t know Mr. Waterhouse.”

5. Oven-Roasted Broccoli

Brocc

Who would have thought broccoli would make the top four recipes of the year? Good job, everyone, for eating your greens! This is an easy-to-make dish that will make a broccoli lover out of anyone!

4. Peanut Butter Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats

Who says these treats are just for kids? With a chocolate-peanut butter topping, they’re complex and satisfying – something any grown-up can appreciate!

3. Chicken Francese

Chicken

Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and a lemon juice eggwash give these chicken cutlets a distinctive taste. Cover with a lemony, wine garlic sauce and serve with a side of linguine for a delectable dinner.

2. Quick and Easy French Toast Casserole

This easy and delicious breakfast casserole is a hit with kids and a great way to use up stale bread. It will also make your kitchen smell like heaven!

1. Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

BananaBread

There’s nothing better than a warm, fresh loaf of banana bread right out of the oven. A great way to use your overripe bananas, this loaf makes a great hostess gift, plus it freezes well tightly wrapped in foil the freezer for up to 3 months.

24 Responses to “The Top 13 Recipes of 2013”

1. Clarence Bower says:

You make reference to “your kids” in the Chewy Brownie recipe. When did you have children? The public would love to know since we enjoy everything about you, your shows, recipes and life.

2. georgian says:

I love Rachael Ray! The recipes (above) are wonderful! I printed some for my collection.

thank you!

Happy New Year to everyone on your staff!

3. Wendy Gent says:

I love Rachael!!! Her 30 Minute Meals Show is where I learned to cut onions properly! I swear by her recipes and will make all of these this month! The chickpeas are already in my repertoire. :0). Thanks for always being an inspiration Rachael!

4. DeBe says:

Looking for the easy bake, Chicken Piccata recipe? Help. I definitely want to try it.

5. Ann DeFeo says:

Recipes listed don’t match those presented on the show today????

6. Amy Fogleman says:

I am watching Rachel Ray right now and the number one recipe for 2013 was Baked Chicken with Herb Bread Crumbs but I do not show the recipe here. I have tried searching for it with no luck.
    Thanks

7. Patty Brown says:

I love Rachael’s show, her s-u-p-e-r easy to follow recipes such as her Caesar Salad, Chicken Francese, & Chocolate Chip Banana Bread. I’ve made these recipes countless times this year and have made them a “family fav” in my recipes. The Caesar Salad is versatile for me because I can add spinach, arugula, or kale, then, if I want to add fruit I can do so.

I have to say I also purchase Rachael’s monthly magazine< "Everyday with Rachael Ray", and that has so much information, like 30 min. meals. monthly meal plans/ideas, and when there's a holiday, it assists you with alternative ideas. It REALLY does have a LOT of other worth while information.
    THANKS RACH!

8. Kathy Pletsch says:

Please post the recipes from the Top Ten recipes as on the Dec 31st show. I was disappointed when I tried to find the recipes on the website.
    Thanks,

9. Sue Olstad says:

I thought Daddy Wu’s Chicken made the top 13 this year. Where is it, please?

10. These top 13 recipes are not the top ten recipes that Rachael had on her show 12/30/13. How can I find these recipes?? Thank you.

11. Inez Cole says:

I am looking for the recipe for Chicken posole. It was on your show this year. Can not remember who the celebrity was who cooked it on your show. I remember her saying all you need is to open cans of this,this and this and get a cooked chicken at the grocery store. Sorry my memory is not good. If you can find it please send it. Much appreciated.

12. Irene Mitz says:

How do I find the top 10 most downloaded recipies that Rachael reviewed about a week ago on the show where the audience tasted some of them?

13. Rita B says:

Fantastic recipes, I especially love the chewy brownies – they’re such a delicious treat, easily one of my favorites! :)

14. mj says:

check these recipes out..