On Sunday, Feb. 2, practically everyone in the U.S. will be gathering to chow down on delicious food and watch blockbuster commercials (and hey, maybe catch some football, too).
But there’s another spectacle happening before The Big Game that’s making this year’s festivities even more purrfect: The Kitten Bowl!
Obstacle courses of “hurdles, tunnels, hoops, jumps, weave poles, lasers, lures and toys on strings” will have these sweet kittehs pouncing for hours of feline entertainment. And don’t worry – all of this year’s participants have already been adopted into new forever families, thanks to Hallmark Channel’s partnership with the North Shore Animal League.
The Kitten Bowl’s so adorable, we think they should play football all the time. Here’s why:
1. They’re skilled at playing, and making plays.
2. They’re dedicated teammates.
3. They might be unbelievably cute…
4. …but they can still pull off a serious game face.
5. Naps are absolutely allowed on the field.
6. There’s no backing down from the competition.
7. And even from the sidelines, their head’s in the game.
8. Did we mention they’re adorable?
Hosted by TV personality, activist, and Rachael’s pal, Beth Stern, and emceed by John Sterling, the legendary voice of the New York Yankees, it’s going to be a beautiful afternoon.
And, Rach will be stopping by to get in on all the furry fun!
If you love kittens just as much as we do, don’t miss The Kitten Bowl on the Hallmark Channel this Sunday at 12 EST.
[All images provided as a courtesy of the Hallmark Channel. Copyright 2013 Crown Media United States, LLC/Photographer: Marc Lemoine]