Sweet and salty.
I don’t think there is a better combination out there.
Chocolate-dipped pretzels, salted caramels, and peanut butter cups are just a few examples of sweet and salty goodness.
These cookies definitely fall into this category. Crunchy chow mein noodles are folded into melted chocolate to form quick and easy no-bake balls of deliciousness.
But don’t stop there – let your imagination go wild with these treats. Use milk chocolate, or a combination of butterscotch or peanut butter chips, with the chocolate chips. Mix in salted chopped nuts, shredded coconut, chopped marshmallow, or chopped dried fruit to make them your own. For an adult spin, try sea salt and a pinch of cayenne pepper.
And did I mention there is no baking required? Bonus!
Let’s get started:
1. You have to work rather quickly, so first, assemble your mix-ins. I used salted almonds and dried cranberries this time around, along with the chow mein noodles. Line a cookie sheet with wax paper and set aside.
2. Next, melt 2 cups of chocolate chips in the microwave, or over a pot of simmering water, in a large heatproof bowl. Stir in 2 cups of chow mein noodles, along with any additional mix-ins, and a pinch of salt. Mix well to combine.
3. Scoop tablespoon-sized balls onto the cookie sheet.
4. Let them rest at room temperature until they’re firm. Enjoy!
No-Bake Chocolate Chow Mein Noodle Cookies
2 cups chocolate chips (or a combination of chocolate and butterscotch and/or peanut butter chips)
2 cups chow mein noodles
1/4 cup chopped salted almonds or peanuts (optional)
1/4 cup chopped dried cranberries or dried fruit of your choice (optional)
Pinch of salt
1. Line a cookie sheet with wax paper and set aside.
2. Assemble your mix-ins: chow mein noodles, and chopped nuts and/or chopped dried fruit, if using.
3. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave, or over a pot of simmering water, in a large heatproof bowl until melted and smooth. Stir in 2 cups of the chow mein noodles, along with any additional mix-ins, and the salt.
4. Scoop tablespoon-sized balls onto the cookie sheet and let set at room temperature until firm. Store at room temperature.
Want more no-bake treats? Here you go: