June
Rach
by

A Note from Rach: Stay Cool!

Each month, Rachael pens a personal letter to the readers of her magazine, Every Day with Rachael Ray. Here’s what’s on Rach’s mind for May, and don’t forget to get your copy of the issue, out on newsstands now!

You all know I’m not one for the heat, but one thing I do love about summer is the way we eat. We all seem to get a little thinner and trimmer this time of year because we are keeping cool with dishes that are packed with refreshment, and that often means salad. Check out our feature “Chefs’ Salads.” Get it? Instead of the traditional chef’s salad, we’re talking amazing main-dish salads from some of our favorite chefs: April Bloomfield’s loaded salad sandwich; Mike Isabella’s grilled and fresh vegetables with salami-spiked vinaigrette; Mark Gaier and Clark Frasier’s creamy lobster roll in salad form; and more. These summery recipes will make you very happy about eating your veggies.

Another thing to be happy about: the soda fountain revival that’s sweeping the country! When I was a kid, I was a fountain girl at the local Howard Johnson’s each summer, so I’m thrilled that fountain drinks for kids and grown-ups are back in style. My husband, John, is a wonderful mixologist and we make shakes and floats (with or without a splash of spirits) all the time. Get the scoop on how you can, too, in the June issue!

This issue is full of fun ideas for your summer vacation. If you’re hoping to hit some amusement parks, don’t make plans until you check out our Travel List: It steers you to the latest, greatest thrills, from the longest free falls and loopiest roller coasters to the craziest water parks. If you love to travel but don’t have a lot of patience (like somebody else I know, ahem, me), check out Word of Mouth, which shares our secrets for skipping the long lines at hot vacation spots. And if, like me, you just have to stay cool, you might want to spend part of your summer in Alaska. Our story takes you on a tour of its stunning natural beauty via America’s only scenic marine “highway,” which recently celebrated its 50th year—and happens to be one of the most affordable ways to travel around the state. Check out the DIY cruise that’s packed with flavor.

My last, best word of advice to get you through the long, hot days of summer: Don’t let the heat make you too cranky. Stay cool… and stock up on water pistols!

Love,
Rach

22 Responses to “A Note from Rach: Stay Cool!”

1. Sharon Ray says:

I would like to subscribe to your magazine.

2. Wow that was unusual. I just wrote an incredibly long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn’t show up.

Grrrr… well I’m not writing all that over again. Anyhow, just wanted to say
    fantastic blog!

• Jenn Giacoppo says:

Hi there, so sorry that happened! We do moderate our comments before they are published, but you should have seen a message letting you know that. Thanks for writing in with your compliments! – Jenn, RachaelRay.com

3. Annette Boyett says:

I paid for the every day with Rachael Ray magazine, back IN mAY OF 2014. When im I going to get it. Thank You, Annette

• Jenn Giacoppo says:

Hi Annette,
      You should be getting the July issue soon. Let me know if it doesn’t arrive in the next week or so. Thanks! – Jenn, RachaelRay.com

4. Mindy says:

Hi! When will the June/July issue be updated on rachaelraymag.com? I am dying to share the Alaska vacation article with a good friend who is planning to honeymoon there…I just need it in digital form so I can email/text it to her!
    Thank You! Mindy H

5. I just wanted to ask Rachel her opinion about buying sauces vs. DIY. I make my own tarter and cocktail sauces and even my own “Russian” dressing. I am just curious what she thinks on that topic?

Deril Stubenrod
    Maine Author (and Student Chef)

6. Karen says:

I like the rachael ray very much!

7. Karen says:

I like rachael ray very much

8. Sarah E says:

Hi! I am visiting NYC for my birthday. It’s been on my bucket list for a long time so I’m looking forward to crossing it off. I was just wondering if you guys had any must eat places? I know Rachael has mentioned some places on her show but I can’t remember what they are. Thanks and I can’t wait to see your awesome city! :)

*Sarah

• Jenn Giacoppo says:

Hi Sarah!
      Happy (early) birthday! Man, there are so many wonderful places to eat in the city, and Rachael loves a little of everything. Here are a few that she likes, from less formal to a little fancy! In no particular order… Yunnan Kitchen, Motorino, Osteria Morini, Red Farm, Num Pang, Locanda Verde, il Buco Alimentari… there are so many more, but hopefully something here looks tasty to you! Take care! – Jenn, RachaelRay.com

9. Alexis Smith says:

Hi there- I was wondering how to write into the show for help! I’m watching now the couple with the big orange couch and I can’t seem to find where to write in! Thanks so much!

10. Thanks in support of sharing such a pleasant idea, post
    is pleasant, thats why i have read it completely

my page Fifa 15 Coin Hack

11. Margaret Brown says:

I wanted to know why was the Rachel Ray Maple Drizzle oatmeal discontinued??? I would eat this every morning for breakfast buying 7 to 10 boxes at a time. I went to restock I was unable ti locate.

Not a Happy Customer!!!

• Jenn Giacoppo says:

Hi Margaret!
      Where were you buying your oatmeal? It hasn’t been discontinued, but we are sorting through some distribution changes and are hoping to get it back out to market soon! You can always order it online. It’s available via a few websites, including here. Thanks! – Jenn, RachaelRay.com

12. ANNE MARIE HIGGINS says:

Hi Rachael,
    Just wanted to let you know payment was sent in for my subscription quite awhile ago, but I have not received a magazine in months. I was also promised Rachael’s book “Everyday Easy Meals”, but have not received it also. Could you please check and let me know,

Annemarie Higgins

• Jenn Giacoppo says:

Hi Annemarie,
      Sorry to hear you’ve been having trouble receiving your magazine. Do you happen to have your subscription number handy? (From when you first signed up?) You can always log in at the magazine’s website, and check out the status of your subscription (click that link to do so). Hope this helps! – Jenn, RachaelRay.com

13. Annette Miller says:

I just moved to Atlanta, Georgia from Iowa yesterday. My parents moved back in March when my mom took on a new job. I decided after 10 years in the medical field, I wanted to make a career out of my passion for cooking. In September I will be attending culinary school, but for now my parents have asked me to “practice” for them….challenge accepted.
    The day before I moved, the September issue arrived in the mail. So I grabbed it alongside my suitcase and off to Georgia I moved. I was so excited about all the recipes in this issue, I’ve created a menu for the next two weeks based on it. Tonight we kept it simple, but DELICIOUS! We tried the “Mash-Up Mania” recipe CHICKEN PARM PIZZAS! My mom kept it simple and had the same as your recipe called for, but my dad and I added pepperoni and sausage as well as some mushrooms and diced onions.
    We will definitely be making these again! We can’t wait to taste the rest of the recipes you provided!
    Thanks Rach!
    <3 Annette M.

14. Check through the items listed below to be sure that you are not missing any of these
    deductions on your self-employment tax returns. Personal
    Tax An abundance of benefits in having your accountant file your business and personal taxes will come out.
    Sometimes, they may always demand for payment which according to them is to be used to cover up their
    expenses in finalizing the documents and even for their professional fees although you are really
    uninformed on the current status of the process.

Stop by my web page: costello cpa boca raton fl