If you’re busy during the week, it can be tough to prep a new meal every night. Your to-do list is probably never-ending, and hey, who doesn’t appreciate a few spare minutes to relax?
Rachael’s got a strategy, just for situations like these. She says, ”I love rollover cooking. If you cook something simple like a poached chicken, you can roll it into two meals…”
On top of the benefits to your free time, cooking a whole chicken is much less expensive than buying boneless, skinless poultry. In fact, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reports an average price difference of about $2 per pound.
For the sake of time (and money!), let’s get started! Make this rollover recipe first…
Then try out a few of these – you’re already on your way!
1. Pizza! Chicken Caesar Pizzas
2. Comforting Chicken Soup: Chicken and Snap Pea Soup with Leeks
4. A Rice Dish: Pilaf with Spinach and Garlic
5. A Mexican-Inspired Masterpiece: Chicken Suizas Quesadilla Cakes
6. A Healthier Chicken Salad: Curry Chicken Salad
7. Spicy Thai: “Thai It” Chicken Noodles with Lettuce, Chiles and Basil
What are your favorite rollover recipes? Tell us in the comments!