- 4 center-cut boneless pork chops
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 2 teaspoons grill seasoning blend, such as McCormick brand Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce, found on the Asian foods aisle at the grocery store, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 generous handfuls of pea pods, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 4 scallions, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
Season chops liberally on both sides with a combination of the five-spice powder and grill seasoning. Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chops 6 minutes on each side, then add about 1/4 cup hoisin to pan, heat through and coat chops in sauce. Turn off heat.
While chops cook, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and pepper, cook for 2 minutes, then add pea pods, corn and scallions and cook for 3 minutes more. Toss succotash with lime juice and hot sauce.
Serve chops with succotash alongside.