- 6 jumbo shrimp, peeled, de-veined and partially butterflied, tails left on
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided, plus extra for drizzling
- 12 sage leaves
- 6 slices pancetta, unraveled
For the salad:
- 1 bag croutons, Caesar or Italian-flavored
- 1 carton multi-colored cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 roasted red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add two tablespoons EVOO.
Open up the butterflied shrimp and season them with salt, freshly ground black pepper and a drizzle of EVOO. Place two sage leaves into the slice along the back where the shrimp has been de-veined and butterflied, then wrap each shrimp from head to tail with a slice of pancetta.
Transfer the pancetta-wrapped shrimp to the hot skillet and cook until browned and cooked through, about 2-3 minutes per side.
While the shrimp are cooking, make the panzanella salad: combine the croutons, tomatoes, shallot, red pepper and basil in a large bowl. Toss the ingredients together with the red wine vinegar, three tablespoons EVOO, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Divide the salad between two plates and top each with three shrimp – a plate for you and a plate for your honey.