- 2 packages fresh linguine (9 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1/4 pound pancetta, cut as thick as bacon, chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, grated or chopped
- 1/2-1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, depending on how spicy you like it
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese (a couple of handfuls)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup cream
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- A handful of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese
Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
Heat water for pasta in large pot, salt it and cook pasta for three minutes.
While water boils, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with EVOO, about three turns of the pan. Add pancetta and brown, 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook a minute more.
Drain pasta and add to pan to toss with the garlic oil and pancetta. Add the Parmigiano Reggiano cheese. Beat eggs with cream and pour over top of pasta. Let eggs begin to set up, one minute, and pat pasta into even layer to make the pizza pie crust. Place in oven and cook for five minutes.
Mix together the ricotta and parsley. Remove pie from oven and smooth the ricotta over the top. Scatter the provolone or mozzarella over the top and return to oven. Bake 10 minutes more until cheese is melted and golden at edges. Let ricotta sit a couple of minutes to settle, then cut into wedges and serve out of pan at table.