- 1 cup cooked all-white-meat chicken or turkey, chopped
- 1/4 cup mild or medium salsa verde, green chili or tomatillo salsa
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 whole wheat or spinach 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack or queso fresco cheese
- 1 scallion, chopped
- A small handful of Spanish green olives with pimentos, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cilantro or parsley, chopped
Pre-heat the broiler.
Toss the chicken or turkey with the salsa to combine.
Heat a teaspoon of EVOO in an ovensafe skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add a tortilla and crisp up on both sides for about one minute total, then remove. Add another teaspoon of the EVOO and the second tortilla. Crisp it up on both sides, then top it with the meat and the other tortilla.
Top the quesadilla pizza with the cheese, scallion and olives and pop the pan under the broiler for 1-2 minutes to melt and bubble the cheese. Slide the quesadilla pizza out of the pan and cut into quarters.
This is one of many "Yum-o!" recipes – it's good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael's nonprofit organization, go to www.yum-o.org.