- 1 pound spaghetti, whole wheat or plain
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- A 1-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/4 cup Tamari (dark soy sauce)
- A couple dashes of hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Half of the remaining chicken, skin removed and meat shredded (about 2 cups)
- Half of the remaining pineapple, peppers and onions
- 1 sack slaw salad mix (shredded cabbage and carrots) (16 ounces)
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced on an angle
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
Place a large pot of water over high heat and bring to a boil. Once the water is boiling, add a generous amount of salt and the pasta and cook to al dente.
While the pasta is cooking, heat the chicken stock in a small saucepan. Once warm, add the ginger, garlic, peanut butter, Tamari, hot sauce, canola oil and honey and whisk to combine.
In a large bowl, combine the shredded chicken, leftover peppers, onions and pineapple and 2 cups of slaw salad mix. Reserve the rest of the slaw salad mix for the next rollover supper.
Drain the pasta and add to the bowl. Pour sauce over noodles and toss to combine. Garnish with scallions and sesame seeds.
This is one of many "Yum-o!" recipes – it's good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael's nonprofit organization, go to www.yum-o.org.