- 3 tablespoons dehydrated minced onion
- 3 tablespoons garlic flakes
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons coarse black pepper
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt or sea salt
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Wood skewers, soaked in water for 10-15 minutes
- 1 brick cream cheese (8 ounces), softened
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 ribs celery from the heart with leafy tops, finely chopped
- 4 bunches red seedless grapes
Pre-heat the oven to 375°F.
Place the minced onion, garlic flakes, poppy seeds, sesame seeds, black pepper and coarse salt on a plate and mix it together. On a separate plate, drizzle EVOO over the chicken tenders, spread it around then skewer each chicken tender lengthwise.
Dip each skewered piece of chicken into the seed mixture and turn to coat. Repeat until all the chicken has been coated, then transfer skewers to a nonstick baking sheet. Wash up. Bake for 20-25 minutes, turning once about halfway through the cooking time.
While the chicken is cooking make the dipping sauce: in a bowl, combine the soft cream cheese with buttermilk until smooth. Stir in the vegetables and season with a little salt and pepper.
Remove the chicken tenders from the oven and serve with the scallion-cream cheese dipping sauce alongside. Red seedless grapes make a refreshing side dish.
This is one of many "Yum-o!" recipes – it's good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael's nonprofit organization, go to www.yum-o.org.