- 2 handfuls good quality pitted green and black olives
- 1 cup giardiniera (drained pickled cauliflower, carrot and hot pepper mix)
- 4 sesame or cornmeal Kaiser rolls, split
- 8 slices sharp provolone cheese, deli cut
- 1 can artichoke hearts in water (15 ounces), thinly sliced
- 2 roasted red peppers, drained and thinly sliced
Pre-heat griddle or grill to medium-high heat.
Place olives and pickled veggies in food processor and pulse chop into a relish. Divide the relish among 4 sandwich bottoms and top with a single slice of cheese, sliced artichokes and peppers then add another slice of provolone to each sandwich and press tops in place.
Place sandwiches on grill and press with heavy skillet weighted down with cans. Press a few minutes on each side, remove, split and serve.