- 1 package dry chocolate chip cookie mix (about 16-18 ounces), found on baking aisle
- 7 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 4 tablespoons Kahlua or other coffee liqueur
- 3 tablespoons instant espresso or instant coffee crystals
- 1 tablespoon ground coffee beans
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chunks, such as Ghiradelli brand
- 4 ounces walnut pieces
Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
Place racks in center of oven. In a mixing bowl, make a well in the center of dry chocolate chip cookie mix. Add softened butter, egg, Kahlua, instant coffee and ground coffee, chocolate chunks and walnuts. Mix well to combine all ingredients into cookie dough.
Scoop with a small scoop or by heaping tablespoons and drop cookies two inches apart on an ungreased nonstick cookie sheet or sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake cookies in batches for 9-11 minutes or until crisp and browned at edges. Transfer to wire rack to cool and serve.